|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the book published?
2. What was the author doing when the seed for this book was planted in his mind?
(a) Re-reading the other books he had written about Indians.
(b) Sitting on his front porch watching the sun set.
(c) Day-dreaming about Indians and their values.
(d) Riding his motorcycle across North Dakota in August.
3. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) Long and straggly hanging loose.
(b) In a crew cut.
(c) Medium length parted at the side.
(d) In a pony tail.
4. Nerburn got a phone call from whom in Chapter 1?
(a) An Indian woman.
(b) His son.
(c) An Indian Elder.
(d) His publisher.
5. What did Dan like about Nerburn?
(a) He wasn't trying to be an Indian.
(b) He was thoughtful.
(c) He was quiet.
(d) He was polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Dan and Nerburn listening to as they sat on Dan's front porch?
2. What criticisms did Grover have for the first chapters Nerburn wrote?
3. How did Nerburn feel when he was among the Indians?
4. Why does Dan feel he should forgive the white man?
5. From what college did Dan's grandson graduate?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)