|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of one of the books Nerburn wrote after working on the reservation?
(a) Our Mother Earth.
(b) Tales of the Elders.
(c) The Forgotten People.
(d) To Walk the Red Road.
2. Where did Fatback live?
(a) Under Dan's front porch.
(b) In an old wooden dog house.
(c) In the house with Dan.
(d) In a dirt hollow she had dug beneath the junk car.
3. What request did the Indian woman have when she called Nerburn?
(a) She asked him if she could visit him.
(b) She asked him to speak to her grandfather on the phone,.
(c) She asked him to sell her his two books.
(d) She asked him to visit her grandfather, an Elder.
4. In what year was the book updated?
5. What is the lie of the good man, according to Dan?
(b) A confession of ignorance.
(c) Changing the subject of the conversation.
(d) A white lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Nerburn play cards?
2. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
3. Why does Dan feel he should forgive the white man?
4. Why did the woman from New York say the Red Road books were not helpful in finding out about the Indians?
5. Nerburn got a phone call from whom in Chapter 1?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)