|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nerburn got a phone call from whom in Chapter 1?
(a) An Indian Elder.
(b) His publisher.
(c) An Indian woman.
(d) His son.
2. What was the name of the old Indian's dog?
(a) Round Tummy.
(c) Old Yeller.
(d) Old Faithful.
3. How old was Grover?
(a) In his late forties.
(b) In his early sixties.
(c) In his late fifties.
(d) In his late thirties.
4. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
(a) White man.
5. What was inside the three-sided wooden structure Nerburn came across on his motorcycle trip?
(a) A sacred Lakota buffalo rock.
(b) An offering of free fruits and vegetables to passers-by.
(c) Three stones with Lakota traditions inscribed in them.
(d) A wood carving of a Lakota Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Indians feel the Creator disapproved of that the white man did?
2. What request did the Indian woman have when she called Nerburn?
3. What did Nerburn buy at the local store before proceeding to the old Indian's house?
4. What is the lie of the good man, according to Dan?
5. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)