|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request did the Indian woman have when she called Nerburn?
(a) She asked him to visit her grandfather, an Elder.
(b) She asked him to speak to her grandfather on the phone,.
(c) She asked him to sell her his two books.
(d) She asked him if she could visit him.
2. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
(b) White man.
3. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) In a crew cut.
(b) In a pony tail.
(c) Long and straggly hanging loose.
(d) Medium length parted at the side.
4. In what year was the book published?
5. What did the Lakota people consider a sacred offering?
(b) Buffalo hides.
(d) River stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan like about Nerburn?
2. What criticisms did Grover have for the first chapters Nerburn wrote?
3. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
4. What was the author doing when the seed for this book was planted in his mind?
5. Nerburn got a phone call from whom in Chapter 1?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)