|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color hatband was on Grover's cowboy hat?
(a) Navy blue.
2. What does "wakan" mean in English?
(a) Far away.
(b) Young or innocent.
(c) Secret or hidden.
(d) Sacred or filled with power.
3. What did Grover and Dan do as the car passed through the evening landscape?
(a) They sang plaintive, warbling songs in Lakota.
(b) Grover drove but Dan fell asleep.
(c) They whispered seeming secrets in Lakota.
(d) They started telling jokes about white people.
4. What adjective did Nerburn use to describe what white people thought Indians were with which Dan agreed?
5. Who was in "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show" for awhile?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Lakota elders.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) A Navajo medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only sign of industriousness that could be seen in the village?
2. What did Dan particularly not like about Hippies?
3. What criticisms did Grover have for the first chapters Nerburn wrote?
4. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
5. What did Wenonah suggest Nerburn do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)