|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Wenonah suggest Nerburn do?
(a) Start cooking the meals for her and Dan.
(b) Sleep under the car.
(c) Give up writing the book.
(d) Become an honorary member of the Lakota tribe.
2. What are "pispiza"?
(a) Lakota elders.
(b) Sweet grasses.
(c) Prairie dogs.
(d) Cherokee Indians.
3. What did Dan and Grover say about Jumbo's ability to fix Nerburn's NIssan truck?
(a) They said he'd either fix it or kill it.
(b) They said he'd probably sell it.
(c) They said he'd never be able to fix it.
(d) They said he'd fix it and rent it out till Nerburn returned.
4. What Indian people did Dan say were killing Indians?
(a) The Indians who became rich and moved away.
(b) The Indians who adopted white ways.
(c) The Indians who intermarried with whites.
(d) The Indians who sold the sacred ways.
5. What did Dan particularly not like about Hippies?
(a) The Hippie hand shake.
(b) Their bad manners.
(c) That they took drugs.
(d) That they practiced free love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
2. When all the sacred Indian ceremonies are gone what will be left according to Dan?
3. Where did Fatback live?
4. What tribe of Indians were the cowboys fighting in the movie Grover was watching?
5. What kind of truck did Nerburn own?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)