|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
(a) "More like Sitting Bull Speaks."
(b) Yes, he was writing a similar book.
(c) No, his book would be different.
(d) Maybe, "Black Dog Speaks."
2. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
3. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
(a) The white people's way of raising their children.
(b) The white people's attitude toward possessions.
(c) The white people's emphasis on education.
(d) The white people's marriage customs.
4. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
5. How do Dan and the Lakota people feel about being called Indians?
(a) They are fighting mad.
(b) They don't care about something like a name.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are highly insulted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nerburn's first inclination to do after leaving his Nissan at Jumbo's?
2. What did Wenonah suggest Nerburn do?
3. What sentence, according to Nerburn, sums up America?
4. How far apart were the houses in the village?
5. What did Grover and Dan do as the car passed through the evening landscape?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)