1) Why did Nerburn decide to write Neither Wolf Nor Dog? What did he hope the book would do?
2) Describe Dan and Wenonah.
3) Why did Dan choose Nerburn to write the book?
4) Answer two of the three questions.
Choose two of these questions as essay topics.
1) List and describe all the contents of Dan's shoe boxes. What is their purpose?
2) Describe Grover. How is he important to the book?
3) What did Dan write about how Indians learned about forgiveness from the land in the paper Nerburn read aloud?
Choose two of these questions as essay topics:
1) What stages did the writing of the book go through and what was the final decision on how it should be written?
2) Explain the significance of tobacco and sweet grass to the Indians. What did the Indians do with those two things?
3) Describe the different stages the white men went through in their...
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)