|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job did Rosicky have during his youth?
(a) He was a baker's assistant.
(b) He was a mail boy.
(c) He was a sheepherder.
(d) He was a tailor.
2. How did Rosicky learn English?
(a) From the newspaper.
(b) From a kindly neigbor.
(c) From plays and poetry.
(d) At night school.
3. What type of plants does Mary have that bloom in the winter?
4. What does Mr. Rosicky's back look like?
(a) A curved stone.
(b) A shell on an old turtle.
(c) A cat's arched back.
(d) A straight wooden plank.
5. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "captured your freedom".
(b) They "took you away from your loves".
(c) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
(d) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years older than Mary is Anton Rosicky?
2. How many countries has Rosicky lived in?
3. What does Mrs. Rosicky have in her apron when she meets Mr. Rosicky?
4. What is the name of the neighbors that sold more cream than the Rosickys?
5. How old was Rosicky when he went to Omaha?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)