|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Rosicky's father and grandfather worked?
(a) In shops.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In caves.
(d) On boats.
2. What did Rosicky find wrong with the cities?
(a) They "cemented you away from any contact with the ground".
(b) They "took you away from your loves".
(c) They "sealed you into a world of work and pain".
(d) They "captured your freedom".
3. What is in the soil on Mr. Rosicky's farm?
(d) Large stones.
4. What color is the flower Mary snaps off and puts in the doctor's buttonhole?
5. Mary tells the creamery agent that she would rather put some color into her children's faces than what?
(a) Buy a bigger home.
(b) Put money into the bank.
(c) Feed the cattle more grain.
(d) Buy more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the loft where Rosicky lived smell good?
2. What color is the grass that the graveyard is overgrown with?
3. What has the doctor never been able to separate a Bohemian from?
4. How many miles was it from the rich farm to the Rosicky's place?
5. Rosicky thinks his heart is fine but that he has a little of what?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)