Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
2. During which season is Ira's child born?
3. When Rukmani and Puli return to the temple after their shopping extravaganza, what does Rukmani realize?
4. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
5. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
Sacrabani is born into Rukmani's family under interesting circumstances that will impact his life forever.
a. What are the circumstances surrounding Sacrabani and his birth?
b. How does being different from the other children affect Sacrabani's life?
c. Which impacts Sacrabani's treatment by others more, the circumstances surrounding his birth or his appearance? Support your answer.
Both Ira and Kunthi turn to prostitution to earn money.
a. Describe Ira's motives for prostituting her body.
b. Describe Kunthi's motives for prostituting her body.
c. Do their motives make their actions any less objectionable? Why or why not?
Puli plays a very important and pivotal role in the latter part of the story.
a. Why do Nathan and Rukmani become attached to Puli? How does Puli benefit from their relationship? How do Nathan and Rukmani benefit from their relationship?
b. Puli is both a hardened city dweller and a little boy at the same time. Describe incidents of each side of the boy.
c. The introduction of Puli to Rukmani's family is significant. How is Puli introduced to Rukmani's family and what is significant about the introduction?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)