Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
2. During which season is Ira's child born?
3. When Rukmani and Puli return to the temple after their shopping extravaganza, what does Rukmani realize?
4. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
5. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the misunderstandings that Kenny and Rukmani have come from their different ways of viewing the world.
a. Discuss Kenny's world view. How does his world view impact his life and his reactions to life in the village?
b. Discuss Rukmani's world view. How does her world view impact her life and her reactions to life in the village?
Essay Topic 2
The book summary describes this story as the story of a woman "whose life was a gallant and persistent battle to care for those she loved."
a. Do you agree or disagree with that description? Why or why not?
b. Give three examples of how Rukmani's life was gallant.
c. What, in your opinion, gives Rukmani the strength to get up and face each day no matter what the circumstances are?
Essay Topic 3
The book is entitled "Nectar in a Sieve". Why does the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the story of Rukmani's life?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)