|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Brila?
(a) The boy who leads them to the couple.
(b) The priest at the temple.
(c) The doctor their son works for.
(d) The social worker who gives them shelter.
2. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
(a) They sell the rest of the rice they were holding in reserves.
(b) They sell some of their belongings.
(c) They teach other villagers to read and write.
(d) They go to work at the tannery.
3. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
(a) 145 rupees.
(b) 30 rupees.
(c) 75 rupees.
(d) 10 rupees.
4. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A bundle of rice.
(c) A garland.
(d) A new shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
2. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
3. Who is Puli?
4. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)