|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
(a) I will find a way.
(b) The hospital will be a blessing. You'll see.
(c) It will be done soon.
(d) Selvam is a wonderful help to me.
3. Why has Kenny returned to the village?
(a) To build a hospital.
(b) To care for the tannery employees.
(c) To marry Rukmani.
(d) To build a house for himself.
4. When Rukmani and Puli return to the temple after their shopping extravaganza, what does Rukmani realize?
(a) Puli is stealing from them.
(b) They have more money saved than she thought.
(c) The temple is no longer safe.
(d) Nathan is ill with a fever.
5. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
2. By saving four annas a day for their journey, how long do Rukmani and Nathan figure they will have to work before being able to make the journey back to their village?
3. On their first night in the city, what happens while Rukmani and Nathan are eating their dinner?
4. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
5. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)