|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
(a) The clothes they are wearing.
(b) Their mats, their clothes, and three rupees.
(c) Three rupees and their clothes.
(d) Their clothes and their mats.
2. One night, Rukmani awakens to hear footsteps in her house. Who does Rukmani fear is in her house?
3. In order to earn enough money to return to their village, Nathan and Rukmani continue to work in the city in spite of the rain that begins to fall. How many days in a row does it rain?
4. On their first night in the city, what happens while Rukmani and Nathan are eating their dinner?
(a) Nathan falls ill.
(b) They decide to return to their village.
(c) Murugan finds them.
(d) Their belongings are stolen.
5. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
(a) Her mother's ring.
(b) Her new dress.
(c) Ira's new dowry.
(d) Her red sari.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
2. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
3. Who do Nathan and Rukmani meet at the Collector's house?
4. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
5. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)