|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
(a) He will be returning to the city.
(b) He will be given in marriage to Kunthi's daughter.
(c) He was kind to them in the city.
(d) They adopted him before Nathan's death.
2. During which season is Ira's child born?
3. When Rukmani and Puli return to the temple after their shopping extravaganza, what does Rukmani realize?
(a) The temple is no longer safe.
(b) Puli is stealing from them.
(c) They have more money saved than she thought.
(d) Nathan is ill with a fever.
4. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
(a) To the Collector's house.
(b) To the market.
(c) To their village.
(d) To the temple.
5. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before identifying the intruder in her house, what does Rukmani do?
2. When Rukmani reaches Nathan's village, who comes running to meet Rukmani?
3. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
4. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
5. While still living in the city, who do Rukmani and Nathan entrust their money to while they go to work each day?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)