|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani feel some relief when her son finally dies of starvation?
(a) Nathan will no longer blame her for their son's condition.
(b) His struggle is now over and he is at peace.
(c) She no longer has to care for the sick child.
(d) Ira can now sleep in her brother's bed, instead of on the floor.
2. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing rice.
(b) Stealing a bullock.
(c) Stealing a calf skin.
(d) Stealing wages.
3. When she finally earns enough money to return to Nathan's village, who accompanies Rukmani on her return?
(a) The temple priest.
4. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(b) He will be staying in the village for good.
(c) He is a grandfather.
(d) His wife has left him.
5. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
(a) Her mother's ring.
(b) Her new dress.
(c) Her red sari.
(d) Ira's new dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
2. Who is Brila?
3. Which of Rukmani's sons actually dies from starvation?
4. How does Rukmani first earn money when she and Nathan are in the city?
5. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)