|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they reach the doctor's house where their son works, what are Rukmani and Nathan told by the servants?
(a) Murugan has died.
(b) Murugan does not work there anymore.
(c) Murugan is ill.
(d) Murugan is away with the doctor.
2. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
(a) To the market.
(b) To the temple.
(c) To their village.
(d) To the Collector's house.
3. Before identifying the intruder in her house, what does Rukmani do?
(a) Slips out of the house until the intruder leaves.
(b) Fights with the intruder.
(c) Shoots the intruder.
(d) Wakes Nathan up.
4. Why does Rukmani feel some relief when her son finally dies of starvation?
(a) Ira can now sleep in her brother's bed, instead of on the floor.
(b) She no longer has to care for the sick child.
(c) His struggle is now over and he is at peace.
(d) Nathan will no longer blame her for their son's condition.
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
2. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
3. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
4. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
5. What does Ira name her son?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)