|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nathan when he dies?
(a) On the side of the road.
(b) In the temple.
(c) On an oxen cart.
(d) In his village.
2. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
3. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
4. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In the street.
(b) In her home.
(c) In the temple.
(d) In the rice paddy.
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
2. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
3. During their conversation in the village, Biswas tells Rukmani a rumor he heard from Kunthi. What is the rumor?
4. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
5. Why has Kenny returned to the village?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)