|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing rice.
(b) Stealing a calf skin.
(c) Stealing a bullock.
(d) Stealing wages.
2. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan quits farming.
(b) Nathan falls ill.
(c) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(d) Nathan works at the tannery.
3. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(b) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
(c) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
(d) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
4. When they leave the village, who are Rukmani and Nathan planning to live with?
5. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
(a) The doctor is very young.
(b) The doctor is very old.
(c) The doctor cannot write.
(d) The doctor is a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. While still living in the city, who do Rukmani and Nathan entrust their money to while they go to work each day?
2. Why has Kenny returned to the village?
3. Where is Nathan when he dies?
4. Where is Old Granny's body found?
5. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)