|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a good day working at their job in the city, how much money can Nathan and Rukmani earn in a single day?
(a) Seven annas.
(b) Four annas.
(c) One rupee.
(d) Two rupees.
2. In celebration of almost having enough money to return to the village, what does Rukmani buy in the city for both Puli and for her grandson?
(a) New blocks.
(b) Dum-dum carts.
(c) Fried potatoes.
(d) New shirts.
3. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing a bullock.
(b) Stealing rice.
(c) Stealing a calf skin.
(d) Stealing wages.
4. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By selling her writings.
(b) By gambling in the tavern.
(c) By prostituting herself.
(d) By teaching other villagers to read.
5. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan quits farming.
(b) Nathan works at the tannery.
(c) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(d) Nathan falls ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
2. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
3. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
4. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
5. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)