|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani reaches Nathan's village, who comes running to meet Rukmani?
2. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
(c) Old Granny.
3. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
4. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
(a) They go to work at the tannery.
(b) They teach other villagers to read and write.
(c) They sell the rest of the rice they were holding in reserves.
(d) They sell some of their belongings.
5. When they reach the doctor's house where their son works, what are Rukmani and Nathan told by the servants?
(a) Murugan is away with the doctor.
(b) Murugan has died.
(c) Murugan does not work there anymore.
(d) Murugan is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Old Granny's body found?
2. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
4. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
5. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)