|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Nathan and Rukmani meet at the Collector's house?
(a) Their son's wife.
(b) The Collector himself.
(c) Kenny's former wife.
(d) The tannery's overseer.
2. One night, Rukmani awakens to hear footsteps in her house. Who does Rukmani fear is in her house?
3. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The naming ceremony.
(b) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
(c) The circumcision ceremony.
(d) The baptismal ceremony.
4. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In her home.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In the rice paddy.
(d) In the street.
5. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
(a) He is helping feed the tannery workers.
(b) He does not want to share his resources with her.
(c) He is not in the village.
(d) He does not have enough food for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
2. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
3. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
4. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
5. Ira and Sacrabani stay behind in the village. Who will they live with?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)