|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Kenny returned to the village?
(a) To build a house for himself.
(b) To care for the tannery employees.
(c) To marry Rukmani.
(d) To build a hospital.
2. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
(b) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
(c) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(d) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
3. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) His wife has left him.
(b) He will be staying in the village for good.
(c) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(d) He is a grandfather.
4. Which of Rukmani's sons actually dies from starvation?
5. When Rukmani and Puli return to the temple after their shopping extravaganza, what does Rukmani realize?
(a) Nathan is ill with a fever.
(b) Puli is stealing from them.
(c) They have more money saved than she thought.
(d) The temple is no longer safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their conversation in the village, Biswas tells Rukmani a rumor he heard from Kunthi. What is the rumor?
2. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
3. Where is Nathan when he dies?
4. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
5. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)