|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
2. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
(a) He is not in the village.
(b) He is helping feed the tannery workers.
(c) He does not have enough food for himself.
(d) He does not want to share his resources with her.
3. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
4. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In the temple.
(b) In the rice paddy.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the street.
5. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
(a) To the market.
(b) To their village.
(c) To the temple.
(d) To the Collector's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
2. When Rukmani goes into the village to sell her vegetables, what does Biswas tell Rukmani?
3. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
4. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
5. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)