|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
(b) That he doesn't want them.
(c) That he is married to another woman.
(d) That he is dead.
2. Where do Rukmani and Nathan spend their first night in the city?
(a) In the street.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In their son's house.
3. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
4. Who is Brila?
(a) The social worker who gives them shelter.
(b) The doctor their son works for.
(c) The priest at the temple.
(d) The boy who leads them to the couple.
5. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
(a) He is not in the village.
(b) He does not want to share his resources with her.
(c) He does not have enough food for himself.
(d) He is helping feed the tannery workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
2. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
3. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
4. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
5. While still living in the city, who do Rukmani and Nathan entrust their money to while they go to work each day?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)