|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to earn enough money to return to their village, Nathan and Rukmani continue to work in the city in spite of the rain that begins to fall. How many days in a row does it rain?
2. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The naming ceremony.
(b) The circumcision ceremony.
(c) The baptismal ceremony.
(d) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
3. When Rukmani and Nathan have almost earned enough money to return home, what does Rukmani buy from the vendor in celebration?
(a) Sugar whirls.
(b) Fried pancakes.
(d) Extra rice.
4. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
(a) Young kids.
(c) Good workers.
(d) Lazy men.
5. What is the name of Murugan's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
4. On a good day working at their job in the city, how much money can Nathan and Rukmani earn in a single day?
5. What does Rukmani use for the first time at the doctor's house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)