|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
2. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
3. Who do Nathan and Rukmani meet at the Collector's house?
(a) The tannery's overseer.
(b) Kenny's former wife.
(c) Their son's wife.
(d) The Collector himself.
4. After Rukmani turns in her stones and has been paid, she notices a group of people on the side of the road. Why have the people stopped?
(a) Nathan has fallen.
(b) A cart is stuck in the mud.
(c) The road has given way.
(d) The rocks have slid into the road.
5. When she finally earns enough money to return to Nathan's village, who accompanies Rukmani on her return?
(a) The temple priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Nathan's death?
2. Where do Rukmani and Nathan spend their first night in the city?
3. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
4. Why does Rukmani feel some relief when her son finally dies of starvation?
5. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)