|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they reach the doctor's house where their son works, what are Rukmani and Nathan told by the servants?
(a) Murugan is away with the doctor.
(b) Murugan is ill.
(c) Murugan has died.
(d) Murugan does not work there anymore.
2. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
3. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The rent is being increased.
(b) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(c) The land is being sold.
(d) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
4. After Rukmani turns in her stones and has been paid, she notices a group of people on the side of the road. Why have the people stopped?
(a) Nathan has fallen.
(b) A cart is stuck in the mud.
(c) The road has given way.
(d) The rocks have slid into the road.
5. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By selling her writings.
(b) By prostituting herself.
(c) By teaching other villagers to read.
(d) By gambling in the tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani use for the first time at the doctor's house?
2. Who is Puli?
3. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
4. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
5. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)