|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
2. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
3. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
(a) Their mats, their clothes, and three rupees.
(b) The clothes they are wearing.
(c) Their clothes and their mats.
(d) Three rupees and their clothes.
4. What does Old Granny die from?
(b) A beating .
(c) A fall.
5. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
2. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
3. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
4. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
5. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)