|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In her home.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In the rice paddy.
(d) In the street.
2. Upon her return to Nathan's village, where will Rukmani live?
(a) She will live on their old land.
(b) She will live by herself.
(c) She will live with Selvam and Ira.
(d) She will live with Kunthi.
3. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing a calf skin.
(b) Stealing a bullock.
(c) Stealing wages.
(d) Stealing rice.
4. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
(a) Their wedding clothes.
(b) Their bullocks.
(c) The next season's seed.
(d) Their pots and pans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Nathan's death?
2. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
3. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
4. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
5. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)