|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which season is Ira's child born?
2. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
3. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
4. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
(a) Sixteen rupees.
(b) Twenty rupees.
(c) Ten rupees.
(d) Three rupees.
5. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
(b) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(c) The rent is being increased.
(d) The land is being sold.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to earn enough money to return to their village, Nathan and Rukmani continue to work in the city in spite of the rain that begins to fall. How many days in a row does it rain?
2. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
3. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
4. Who is Brila?
5. Nathan and Rukmani's guide tells them of a better way to earn money in the city. Where does he tell them to go?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)