|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Nathan's death?
(a) He was alone when he died.
(b) She could not save him.
(c) He died cold and wet.
(d) His death was a gentle passing.
2. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
3. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
(a) He has a cleft palate.
(b) He has one arm.
(c) He is an albino.
(d) He is underweight.
4. When they reach the doctor's house where their son works, what are Rukmani and Nathan told by the servants?
(a) Murugan is away with the doctor.
(b) Murugan does not work there anymore.
(c) Murugan has died.
(d) Murugan is ill.
5. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
(a) He will be given in marriage to Kunthi's daughter.
(b) He will be returning to the city.
(c) They adopted him before Nathan's death.
(d) He was kind to them in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
2. Nathan and Rukmani's guide tells them of a better way to earn money in the city. Where does he tell them to go?
3. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
4. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
5. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)