|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. When they leave the village, who are Rukmani and Nathan planning to live with?
3. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan works at the tannery.
(b) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(c) Nathan quits farming.
(d) Nathan falls ill.
4. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
5. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
2. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
3. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
5. When Rukmani goes into the village to sell her vegetables, what does Biswas tell Rukmani?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)