|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
(a) The harvest is enough to pay their rent, but with nothing left over.
(b) The harvest is meager.
(c) The harvest is mostly destroyed by another monsoon.
(d) The harvest is more than enough to pay what they owe.
2. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Three miles.
4. After Rukmani turns in her stones and has been paid, she notices a group of people on the side of the road. Why have the people stopped?
(a) The road has given way.
(b) The rocks have slid into the road.
(c) Nathan has fallen.
(d) A cart is stuck in the mud.
5. In celebration of almost having enough money to return to the village, what does Rukmani buy in the city for both Puli and for her grandson?
(a) Fried potatoes.
(b) Dum-dum carts.
(c) New blocks.
(d) New shirts.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
2. When Rukmani and Nathan have almost earned enough money to return home, what does Rukmani buy from the vendor in celebration?
3. When Rukmani reaches Nathan's village, who comes running to meet Rukmani?
4. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
5. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)