|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Kenny returned to the village?
(a) To marry Rukmani.
(b) To build a hospital.
(c) To build a house for himself.
(d) To care for the tannery employees.
2. When she finally earns enough money to return to Nathan's village, who accompanies Rukmani on her return?
(a) The temple priest.
3. After Rukmani turns in her stones and has been paid, she notices a group of people on the side of the road. Why have the people stopped?
(a) The rocks have slid into the road.
(b) Nathan has fallen.
(c) A cart is stuck in the mud.
(d) The road has given way.
4. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
(a) Twenty rupees.
(b) Sixteen rupees.
(c) Three rupees.
(d) Ten rupees.
5. What does Old Granny die from?
(c) A fall.
(d) A beating .
Short Answer Questions
1. By saving four annas a day for their journey, how long do Rukmani and Nathan figure they will have to work before being able to make the journey back to their village?
2. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
3. Nathan and Rukmani's guide tells them of a better way to earn money in the city. Where does he tell them to go?
4. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
5. In order to earn enough money to return to their village, Nathan and Rukmani continue to work in the city in spite of the rain that begins to fall. How many days in a row does it rain?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)