|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In the rice paddy.
(b) In her home.
(c) In the street.
(d) In the temple.
2. Who is Puli?
(a) The doctor that their son works for.
(b) The boy who leads the couple to their son's home.
(c) The priest at the temple.
(d) The social worker who gives them shelter.
3. By saving four annas a day for their journey, how long do Rukmani and Nathan figure they will have to work before being able to make the journey back to their village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Forty days.
4. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
(a) To the temple.
(b) To the hotel.
(c) To their village.
(d) To the doctor's house.
5. After Rukmani turns in her stones and has been paid, she notices a group of people on the side of the road. Why have the people stopped?
(a) Nathan has fallen.
(b) The road has given way.
(c) The rocks have slid into the road.
(d) A cart is stuck in the mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
2. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
3. Nathan and Rukmani's guide tells them of a better way to earn money in the city. Where does he tell them to go?
4. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
5. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)