|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
(a) To the temple.
(b) To the Collector's house.
(c) To their village.
(d) To the market.
2. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
(a) I will find a way.
(b) The hospital will be a blessing. You'll see.
(c) Selvam is a wonderful help to me.
(d) It will be done soon.
3. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
4. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
(a) He is not in the village.
(b) He does not have enough food for himself.
(c) He does not want to share his resources with her.
(d) He is helping feed the tannery workers.
5. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
6. Nathan and Rukmani's guide tells them of a better way to earn money in the city. Where does he tell them to go?
(a) To the Collector's house.
(b) To the neighboring city.
(c) To the stone quarry.
(d) To the inn.
7. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan quits farming.
(b) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(c) Nathan falls ill.
(d) Nathan works at the tannery.
8. How does Rukmani first earn money when she and Nathan are in the city?
(b) Writing letters.
(d) Cleaning homes.
9. Before identifying the intruder in her house, what does Rukmani do?
(a) Slips out of the house until the intruder leaves.
(b) Fights with the intruder.
(c) Wakes Nathan up.
(d) Shoots the intruder.
10. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
(a) To the hotel.
(b) To the temple.
(c) To the doctor's house.
(d) To their village.
11. Where is Nathan when he dies?
(a) On an oxen cart.
(b) On the side of the road.
(c) In the temple.
(d) In his village.
12. What does Old Granny die from?
(a) A beating .
(d) A fall.
13. One night, Rukmani awakens to hear footsteps in her house. Who does Rukmani fear is in her house?
14. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The children are rebelling.
(b) The neighbors are stealing.
(c) The workers are striking.
(d) The rains are not coming.
15. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A garland.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) A bundle of rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they leave the village, who are Rukmani and Nathan planning to live with?
2. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
3. Upon her return to Nathan's village, where will Rukmani live?
4. What does Ira name her son?
5. Who do Rukmani and Nathan share their rice with at the temple?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)