Short Essay Questions Key
1. After marrying Nathan and moving to his village, how does Rukmani react when she first sees her new home?
2. Who are the three women that Rukmani first meets at the river shortly after arriving in Nathan's village?
3. What does Rukmani learn from the three women she met at the river about her new home?
4. Why does Rukmani feel ashamed after learning from the three women at the river about her new home?
5. In the early days of their marriage, Rukmani and Nathan feel blessed. Why?
6. Rukmani muses that her husband is indeed a patient man for putting up with her in the early days of her marriage. Why does she feel this way?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Nathan becomes angry with Rukmani for the first time ever. Why?
8. Why does Rukmani's mother not approve of her learning to read and write?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)