1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
Nathan being with her.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
Nathan requires no dowry.
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
6. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
He soothes her.
This section contains 4,968 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)