|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(d) Kunthi misses her family.
2. What does Old Granny die from?
(c) A fall.
(d) A beating .
3. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The naming ceremony.
(b) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
(c) The circumcision ceremony.
(d) The baptismal ceremony.
4. How many nights does the monsoon last?
5. When Rukmani reaches Nathan's village, who comes running to meet Rukmani?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
2. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
3. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. What is Deepavali?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)