|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By saving four annas a day for their journey, how long do Rukmani and Nathan figure they will have to work before being able to make the journey back to their village?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Forty days.
(d) Ten days.
2. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
(a) The doctor cannot write.
(b) The doctor is very old.
(c) The doctor is very young.
(d) The doctor is a woman.
3. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The rains are not coming.
(b) The children are rebelling.
(c) The workers are striking.
(d) The neighbors are stealing.
4. Ira and Sacrabani stay behind in the village. Who will they live with?
5. Who is Puli?
(a) The priest at the temple.
(b) The doctor that their son works for.
(c) The social worker who gives them shelter.
(d) The boy who leads the couple to their son's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brila?
2. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
3. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
4. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
5. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)