|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
(a) A rupee.
(b) A coconut frond.
(c) A bundle of rice.
(d) A writing tablet.
2. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
(a) Twenty rupees.
(b) Three rupees.
(c) Sixteen rupees.
(d) Ten rupees.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
(a) The harvest is enough to pay their rent, but with nothing left over.
(b) The harvest is mostly destroyed by another monsoon.
(c) The harvest is more than enough to pay what they owe.
(d) The harvest is meager.
4. Which of Rukmani's sons actually dies from starvation?
5. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(c) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(d) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani and Nathan have almost earned enough money to return home, what does Rukmani buy from the vendor in celebration?
2. Who is the moneylender?
3. After Rukmani turns in her stones and has been paid, she notices a group of people on the side of the road. Why have the people stopped?
4. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)