|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) An orange.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) A mango.
2. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) Rukmani's red sari.
(b) A red flower lei.
(c) Rukmani's purple sari.
(d) A strand of mango leaves.
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In the rice paddy.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the street.
5. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To sell their rice.
(b) To work.
(c) To meet the other women.
(d) To shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
2. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
3. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
4. What does Ira name her son?
5. What is the village doctor's name?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)