|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
(a) A coconut frond.
(b) A bundle of rice.
(c) A rupee.
(d) A writing tablet.
2. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
(a) A bundle of rice.
(b) A new shirt.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A garland.
3. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To sell their rice.
(b) To work.
(c) To shop.
(d) To meet the other women.
4. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
(a) She is still barren.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He has taken a new wife.
(d) He feels like he failed her.
5. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the moneylender?
2. When Rukmani and Puli return to the temple after their shopping extravaganza, what does Rukmani realize?
3. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
4. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
5. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)