|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is from a rival village.
(b) He is very old.
(c) He is very young.
(d) He is a foreigner.
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Seventy kilometers.
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(d) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
2. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
3. In what month is Ira married?
4. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
5. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)