|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, brick house.
(b) It is a four-bedroom house.
(c) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(d) It is a straw lean-to.
2. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
(c) That he doesn't want them.
(d) That he is married to another woman.
3. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She writes.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She goes for long walks.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
4. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
5. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
4. Who is Brila?
5. Where do Rukmani and Nathan go after leaving the doctor's house?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)