|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ira's husband wants to divorce Ira. Why?
(a) Ira is not a good enough housekeeper.
(b) Ira is barren.
(c) Ira is too strong-willed.
(d) Ira is too learned.
2. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the village market.
(b) In the tea plantation.
(c) In the tannery's new building.
(d) In the masonry building.
3. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One hundred miles.
(d) Seventy kilometers.
4. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
(a) The stores and shops are all closed.
(b) They don't bring enough money with them.
(c) There is no rice in the land.
(d) The store owners refuse to sell to them.
5. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(d) Old Granny.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
2. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. Who is the moneylender?
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)