|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
2. What does Rukmani tell her family regarding Puli?
(a) They adopted him before Nathan's death.
(b) He was kind to them in the city.
(c) He will be given in marriage to Kunthi's daughter.
(d) He will be returning to the city.
3. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Nathan being with her.
(d) Ira's upcoming wedding.
4. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Requests food and drink for his men.
(b) Tells the villagers to go home.
(c) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(d) Invites them to work.
5. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
2. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
3. Ira and Sacrabani stay behind in the village. Who will they live with?
4. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
5. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)