|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights does the monsoon last?
2. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
3. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
(a) The clothes they are wearing.
(b) Their clothes and their mats.
(c) Three rupees and their clothes.
(d) Their mats, their clothes, and three rupees.
4. During their conversation in the village, Biswas tells Rukmani a rumor he heard from Kunthi. What is the rumor?
(a) That Nathan is the father of Kunthi's two sons.
(b) That Nathan is having an affair with Kali.
(c) That Kenny and Rukmani have a secret relationship.
(d) That Ira is working as a prostitute.
5. Ira's husband wants to divorce Ira. Why?
(a) Ira is too learned.
(b) Ira is barren.
(c) Ira is not a good enough housekeeper.
(d) Ira is too strong-willed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Deepavali?
2. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
3. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
4. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
5. When Rukmani goes into the village to sell her vegetables, what does Biswas tell Rukmani?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)