|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they leave the village, who are Rukmani and Nathan planning to live with?
2. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is quite ill.
(b) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(c) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(d) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(b) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
4. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
(a) Her family is starving.
(b) Ira is pregnant.
(c) Nathan has left her.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
5. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)