|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ira and Sacrabani stay behind in the village. Who will they live with?
2. During which season is Ira's child born?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
(a) The harvest is more than enough to pay what they owe.
(b) The harvest is mostly destroyed by another monsoon.
(c) The harvest is enough to pay their rent, but with nothing left over.
(d) The harvest is meager.
4. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(b) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(c) The men spent their money lavishly.
(d) The village is once again too quiet.
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A rat.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rukmani first earn money when she and Nathan are in the city?
2. In what month is Ira married?
3. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
4. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
5. In celebration of almost having enough money to return to the village, what does Rukmani buy in the city for both Puli and for her grandson?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)