|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
(a) Three rupees.
(b) Sixteen rupees.
(c) Twenty rupees.
(d) Ten rupees.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
(a) The harvest is enough to pay their rent, but with nothing left over.
(b) The harvest is mostly destroyed by another monsoon.
(c) The harvest is meager.
(d) The harvest is more than enough to pay what they owe.
3. When Rukmani goes into the village to sell her vegetables, what does Biswas tell Rukmani?
(a) That Kenny has returned.
(b) That he owes her money.
(c) That she owes him money.
(d) That her sons are returning from Ceylon.
4. Who do Rukmani and Nathan share their rice with at the temple?
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
2. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
4. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
5. What is Deepavali?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)