|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
(a) The next season's seed.
(b) Their pots and pans.
(c) Their bullocks.
(d) Their wedding clothes.
2. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
3. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
4. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
(a) The working conditions they will see.
(b) That they will marry without her blessing.
(c) Never seeing her sons again.
(d) The perils they will face on their journey.
5. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The rains are not coming.
(b) The children are rebelling.
(c) The workers are striking.
(d) The neighbors are stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
2. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)