|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani and Nathan have almost earned enough money to return home, what does Rukmani buy from the vendor in celebration?
(a) Sugar whirls.
(b) Extra rice.
(d) Fried pancakes.
2. How many nights does the monsoon last?
3. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
(a) They sell some of their belongings.
(b) They sell the rest of the rice they were holding in reserves.
(c) They go to work at the tannery.
(d) They teach other villagers to read and write.
4. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
5. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
(b) The naming ceremony.
(c) The baptismal ceremony.
(d) The circumcision ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
2. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
3. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
4. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
5. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)