|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
2. While still living in the city, who do Rukmani and Nathan entrust their money to while they go to work each day?
(b) The overseer.
3. After leaving the Collector's house, where do Rukmani and Nathan go?
(a) To the temple.
(b) To the doctor's house.
(c) To their village.
(d) To the hotel.
4. How long does Ira's marriage last?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(b) She visits with Kunthi.
(c) She goes for long walks.
(d) She writes.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
2. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
3. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
4. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
5. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)