|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
2. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
(a) Their pots and pans.
(b) Their bullocks.
(c) The next season's seed.
(d) Their wedding clothes.
3. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
4. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
5. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The children are rebelling.
(b) The workers are striking.
(c) The neighbors are stealing.
(d) The rains are not coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
2. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
3. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
4. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
5. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)