|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) The other villages require his services as well.
(b) His family needs him.
(c) He cannot stand the poverty.
(d) He works for the government.
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
(a) They spend it in the local tavern.
(b) They save their wages for Ira's dowry.
(c) The give their wages to Rukmani.
(d) They waste it gambling.
3. How many annas do Nathan and Rukmani earn from the overseer where they are working in the city?
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She has one arm.
(c) She is bald.
(d) She is beautiful.
5. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
(a) Flirting with Kunthi's husband.
(b) Not being a proper wife.
(c) Having an affair with Kennington.
(d) Stealing from the white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
2. Nathan falls ill while he and Rukmani are in the city. What is his illness?
3. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
4. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
5. When they leave the village, who are Rukmani and Nathan planning to live with?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)