|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. In celebration of almost having enough money to return to the village, what does Rukmani buy in the city for both Puli and for her grandson?
(a) New shirts.
(b) New blocks.
(c) Fried potatoes.
(d) Dum-dum carts.
3. Who do Nathan and Rukmani meet at the Collector's house?
(a) Kenny's former wife.
(b) Their son's wife.
(c) The tannery's overseer.
(d) The Collector himself.
4. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By teaching other villagers to read.
(b) By prostituting herself.
(c) By selling her writings.
(d) By gambling in the tavern.
5. In order to earn enough money to return to their village, Nathan and Rukmani continue to work in the city in spite of the rain that begins to fall. How many days in a row does it rain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
2. What does Rukmani use for the first time at the doctor's house?
3. What does Old Granny die from?
4. What is the village doctor's name?
5. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)