|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is married to another woman.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
(d) That he doesn't want them.
2. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
(a) Her husband's shop is forced to close.
(b) They are evicted by their landlord.
(c) They are going to care for Janaki's ill father.
(d) Her husband is opening a new shop in a neighboring village.
3. During their conversation in the village, Biswas tells Rukmani a rumor he heard from Kunthi. What is the rumor?
(a) That Ira is working as a prostitute.
(b) That Kenny and Rukmani have a secret relationship.
(c) That Nathan is the father of Kunthi's two sons.
(d) That Nathan is having an affair with Kali.
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
(a) He has a cleft palate.
(b) He has one arm.
(c) He is underweight.
(d) He is an albino.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
2. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
3. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
4. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
5. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)