|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
(b) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(c) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(d) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
2. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(c) Old Granny.
3. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) A strand of mango leaves.
(b) Rukmani's purple sari.
(c) A red flower lei.
(d) Rukmani's red sari.
4. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Baptizes his son.
(b) Holds a celebratory feast.
(c) Has the child circumsized.
(d) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
5. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
(a) He is underweight.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) He has one arm.
(d) He has a cleft palate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. Where do Rukmani and Nathan spend their first night in the city?
5. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)