|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She writes about it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She touches it.
2. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
3. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By teaching other villagers to read.
(b) By selling her writings.
(c) By prostituting herself.
(d) By gambling in the tavern.
4. How many nights does the monsoon last?
5. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
2. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
4. What does Ira name her son?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)