|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(b) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(c) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
(d) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
2. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
(a) They stage a sit-in.
(b) They strike.
(c) They work for free.
(d) They burn the tannery.
3. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
4. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
(a) The doctor is very old.
(b) The doctor is very young.
(c) The doctor cannot write.
(d) The doctor is a woman.
5. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(b) The rent is being increased.
(c) The land is being sold.
(d) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
2. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
3. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
4. Who is the moneylender?
5. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)