|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) One hundred rupees.
(b) Three hundred rupees.
(c) One thousand rupees.
(d) Fifty rupees.
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To work.
(b) To shop.
(c) To meet the other women.
(d) To sell their rice.
3. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Sir."
(b) She calls him "Master."
(c) She calls him "Husband."
(d) She calls him "Nathan."
4. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
5. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
(a) For fertility treatments.
(b) For a high fever.
(c) For allergic reactions.
(d) For depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
2. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
3. Why does Rukmani feel some relief when her son finally dies of starvation?
4. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
5. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)