|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan falls ill.
(b) Nathan quits farming.
(c) Nathan works at the tannery.
(d) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
2. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
(a) She is seeing Kenny romantically.
(b) She is working in the village to earn extra money.
(c) She is seeing Kenny for fertility treatments.
(d) She lost a child before their son was born.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
(a) He visits Rukmani's home.
(b) He builds a house in the village.
(c) He delivers a baby by Caesarean section.
(d) He hires Nathan as an assistant.
4. In what month is Ira married?
5. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
(a) There will not be enough to eat for the coming year.
(b) The new crops were not planted before the rains came.
(c) The large amounts of rain will ensure a great crop.
(d) The hut will not survive until monsoon season ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
2. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
3. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
5. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)