|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(c) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(d) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
2. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
3. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
4. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
(a) Kunthi's two eldest sons.
(b) Janaki's two eldest sons.
(c) Rukmani's two eldest sons.
(d) Kali's two eldest sons.
5. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
(d) Dear one.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
3. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
4. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
5. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)