|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Nathan leave the village?
(a) He is going to attend a relative's funeral.
(b) He is searching for a new husband for Ira.
(c) He is going to the city to buy new rice seed.
(d) He is searching for Arjun.
2. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Five weeks.
3. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is married to another woman.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
(d) That he doesn't want them.
4. Where do Rukmani and Nathan spend their first night in the city?
(a) In the street.
(b) In their son's house.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In the temple.
5. When they leave the village, who are Rukmani and Nathan planning to live with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
2. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
3. Where is Old Granny's body found?
4. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
5. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)