|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing wages.
(b) Stealing a bullock.
(c) Stealing rice.
(d) Stealing a calf skin.
2. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The children are rebelling.
(b) The rains are not coming.
(c) The workers are striking.
(d) The neighbors are stealing.
3. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(b) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
(c) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(d) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
4. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Kali's child.
(b) Janaki's child.
(c) Biswas's child.
(d) Kunthi's child.
5. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
2. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
5. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)