|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
(a) Their pots and pans.
(b) Their wedding clothes.
(c) Their bullocks.
(d) The next season's seed.
2. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
(a) A garland.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) A bundle of rice.
3. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan requires no dowry.
(b) Nathan lives in the same town.
(c) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
4. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
(a) Not being a proper wife.
(b) Stealing from the white men.
(c) Having an affair with Kennington.
(d) Flirting with Kunthi's husband.
5. Who is Brila?
(a) The doctor their son works for.
(b) The boy who leads them to the couple.
(c) The priest at the temple.
(d) The social worker who gives them shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
2. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
3. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
4. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
5. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)