|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
(a) She is seeing Kenny romantically.
(b) She is working in the village to earn extra money.
(c) She is seeing Kenny for fertility treatments.
(d) She lost a child before their son was born.
2. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
3. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(b) Old Granny.
4. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
(d) Old Granny.
5. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The land is being sold.
(b) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(c) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
(d) The rent is being increased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
2. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
3. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
4. What does Ira name her son?
5. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)