|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
(a) Nathan has left her.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her family is starving.
(d) Ira is pregnant.
2. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(b) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(c) Kunthi is quite ill.
(d) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
3. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A tannery.
(c) An inn.
(d) A temple.
4. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(b) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(c) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
(d) They help their mother with household chores.
5. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The children are rebelling.
(b) The rains are not coming.
(c) The neighbors are stealing.
(d) The workers are striking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
2. How does Old Granny make her living?
3. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)