|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is a tannery official.
(c) He is a brick layer.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Dried wheat shafts.
(b) Rice leaves.
(c) Bamboo shoots.
(d) Coconut fronds.
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Selling peanuts.
(b) Harvesting wheat.
(d) Selling goat's milk.
4. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) His family needs him.
(b) The other villages require his services as well.
(c) He cannot stand the poverty.
(d) He works for the government.
5. What is Deepavali?
(a) The anniversary of the tannery's opening.
(b) The celebration of the village's settlement.
(c) The Festival of Lights.
(d) The temple's most holy day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
2. What does Rukmani use for the first time at the doctor's house?
3. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
5. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)