|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A temple.
(c) A tannery.
(d) An inn.
2. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By gambling in the tavern.
(b) By prostituting herself.
(c) By teaching other villagers to read.
(d) By selling her writings.
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) In the fields.
(b) At the brook.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the village.
4. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
(a) A writing tablet.
(b) A coconut frond.
(c) A rupee.
(d) A bundle of rice.
5. What does Ira name her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
2. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
3. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)