|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) One hundred rupees.
(b) Fifty rupees.
(c) Three hundred rupees.
(d) One thousand rupees.
2. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
3. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The baptismal ceremony.
(b) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
(c) The naming ceremony.
(d) The circumcision ceremony.
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Ira is pregnant.
(c) Nathan has left her.
(d) Her family is starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Nathan leave the village?
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
5. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)