|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
(b) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
(c) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(d) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
2. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Bamboo shoots.
(b) Rice leaves.
(c) Dried wheat shafts.
(d) Coconut fronds.
3. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
(a) They are going to care for Janaki's ill father.
(b) They are evicted by their landlord.
(c) Her husband is opening a new shop in a neighboring village.
(d) Her husband's shop is forced to close.
4. When the doctor returns to the house, what do Rukmani and Nathan find surprising?
(a) The doctor is a woman.
(b) The doctor is very young.
(c) The doctor cannot write.
(d) The doctor is very old.
5. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
(a) The working conditions they will see.
(b) That they will marry without her blessing.
(c) The perils they will face on their journey.
(d) Never seeing her sons again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
2. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
3. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
4. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)