|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before identifying the intruder in her house, what does Rukmani do?
(a) Fights with the intruder.
(b) Shoots the intruder.
(c) Wakes Nathan up.
(d) Slips out of the house until the intruder leaves.
2. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(b) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(c) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(d) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
3. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a tannery official.
(c) He is a servant.
(d) He is a brick layer.
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(b) Nathan lives in the same town.
(c) Nathan requires no dowry.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
5. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twenty-nine months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
2. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
3. One night, Rukmani awakens to hear footsteps in her house. Who does Rukmani fear is in her house?
4. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
5. What does Rukmani use for the first time at the doctor's house?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)