|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is from a rival village.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is very young.
(d) He is very old.
2. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
3. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
(a) Visit with the neighbors.
(b) Complain about Rukmani's living conditions.
(c) Visit the temple to pray.
(d) Laugh about Rukmani's earlier exploits.
4. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) Three hundred rupees.
(b) One thousand rupees.
(c) One hundred rupees.
(d) Fifty rupees.
5. When the bullock drops Rukmani and Nathan off in the city, how far are they from Koil Road?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) One mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
2. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
3. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
4. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
5. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)