|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) Rukmani's red sari.
(b) A red flower lei.
(c) Rukmani's purple sari.
(d) A strand of mango leaves.
2. Which of Rukmani's sons actually dies from starvation?
3. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Holds a celebratory feast.
(b) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(c) Baptizes his son.
(d) Has the child circumsized.
4. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is a brick layer.
(c) He is a tannery official.
(d) He is a farmer.
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
2. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
4. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
5. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)