|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She touches it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She writes about it.
2. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(b) Has the child circumsized.
(c) Baptizes his son.
(d) Holds a celebratory feast.
3. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
4. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing wages.
(b) Stealing a bullock.
(c) Stealing rice.
(d) Stealing a calf skin.
5. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
2. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
3. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
4. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
5. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)