|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
(a) He does not have enough food for himself.
(b) He is not in the village.
(c) He is helping feed the tannery workers.
(d) He does not want to share his resources with her.
2. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
(a) Janaki's two eldest sons.
(b) Kunthi's two eldest sons.
(c) Kali's two eldest sons.
(d) Rukmani's two eldest sons.
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her legs will bend in.
(b) She will get into far too much trouble.
(c) Her balance won't properly develop.
(d) Her arms won't properly develop.
5. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
(a) Some money for Ira's dowry.
(b) Some thread for Ira's wedding sari.
(c) Some rice to sell in the village.
(d) Some new writings to sell when money gets tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
3. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
5. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)