|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
2. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
(a) When Rukmani asks him to come with her.
(b) When there is no work to do on the farm.
(c) When Nathan has business to conduct.
(d) When Nathan needs to visit the doctor.
3. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By selling her writings.
(b) By prostituting herself.
(c) By teaching other villagers to read.
(d) By gambling in the tavern.
4. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the tea plantation.
(b) In the village market.
(c) In the masonry building.
(d) In the tannery's new building.
5. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) One hundred rupees.
(b) Three hundred rupees.
(c) Fifty rupees.
(d) One thousand rupees.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
2. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)