|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are building a bigger house.
(b) They are held in high regard in the village.
(c) They have enough to eat.
(d) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To work.
(b) To sell their rice.
(c) To shop.
(d) To meet the other women.
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi misses her family.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(d) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She visits with Kunthi.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She writes.
(d) She goes for long walks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
2. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
3. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)