|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Seventy kilometers.
(d) Three days.
2. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) His wife has left him.
(b) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(c) He will be staying in the village for good.
(d) He is a grandfather.
3. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a tannery official.
(b) He is a brick layer.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a servant.
4. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
5. How many nights does the monsoon last?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
2. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
3. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
4. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
5. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)