|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
(a) The tannery.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The inn.
(d) The hospital.
2. What is Deepavali?
(a) The anniversary of the tannery's opening.
(b) The Festival of Lights.
(c) The celebration of the village's settlement.
(d) The temple's most holy day.
3. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(a) Carrying water.
(b) Working in the fields.
4. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
5. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
(a) Stealing from the white men.
(b) Having an affair with Kennington.
(c) Not being a proper wife.
(d) Flirting with Kunthi's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
2. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
3. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
4. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)