|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
(a) Visit with the neighbors.
(b) Visit the temple to pray.
(c) Complain about Rukmani's living conditions.
(d) Laugh about Rukmani's earlier exploits.
2. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They receive longer breaks.
(b) They lose their jobs.
(c) They receive higher wages.
(d) They are promoted.
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(c) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(d) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Nathan being with her.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(d) Seeing her new grandchildren.
5. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
4. Who does Rukmani actually find in the house?
5. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)