|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(b) Old Granny.
2. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
(a) Not being a proper wife.
(b) Flirting with Kunthi's husband.
(c) Having an affair with Kennington.
(d) Stealing from the white men.
3. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
4. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are building a bigger house.
(b) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(c) They have enough to eat.
(d) They are held in high regard in the village.
5. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
Short Answer Questions
1. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
2. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
3. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
4. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
5. Why does Rukmani feel some relief when her son finally dies of starvation?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)