|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
2. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
3. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They help their mother with household chores.
(b) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(c) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(d) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Moving back to the city.
(b) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(c) Nathan being with her.
(d) Seeing her new grandchildren.
5. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
(a) Nathan has left her.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Ira is pregnant.
(d) Her family is starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
2. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
3. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
4. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
5. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)