|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The children are rebelling.
(b) The neighbors are stealing.
(c) The workers are striking.
(d) The rains are not coming.
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(c) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(d) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
3. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
(a) A bundle of rice.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) A garland.
4. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is a tannery official.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a brick layer.
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She visits with Kunthi.
(b) She goes for long walks.
(c) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(d) She writes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
2. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
3. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
4. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)