|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
2. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) He will be staying in the village for good.
(b) He is a grandfather.
(c) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(d) His wife has left him.
3. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(b) Has the child circumsized.
(c) Holds a celebratory feast.
(d) Baptizes his son.
4. What affliction is Ira's son born with?
(a) He is underweight.
(b) He has a cleft palate.
(c) He is an albino.
(d) He has one arm.
5. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The baptismal ceremony.
(b) The naming ceremony.
(c) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
(d) The circumcision ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
2. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
5. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)