|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) One hundred rupees.
(b) Three hundred rupees.
(c) One thousand rupees.
(d) Fifty rupees.
3. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(b) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(c) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(d) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
4. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Invites them to work.
(b) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(c) Requests food and drink for his men.
(d) Tells the villagers to go home.
5. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
2. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
3. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
4. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
5. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)