|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
(a) Good workers.
(c) Young kids.
(d) Lazy men.
2. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
(a) Visit with the neighbors.
(b) Laugh about Rukmani's earlier exploits.
(c) Visit the temple to pray.
(d) Complain about Rukmani's living conditions.
3. One night, Rukmani awakens to hear footsteps in her house. Who does Rukmani fear is in her house?
4. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
(a) Her mother's ring.
(b) Her new dress.
(c) Her red sari.
(d) Ira's new dowry.
5. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing a calf skin.
(b) Stealing a bullock.
(c) Stealing rice.
(d) Stealing wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
2. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
3. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)