|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He returns to her parents' home.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He soothes her.
(d) He yells at her.
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her legs will bend in.
(b) Her balance won't properly develop.
(c) She will get into far too much trouble.
(d) Her arms won't properly develop.
3. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
4. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(c) Carrying water.
(d) Working in the fields.
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
2. How long does Ira's marriage last?
3. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)