|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She touches it.
(b) She writes about it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She feeds it.
3. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
4. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(c) Leaves for the roof repairs.
(d) Fresh soil.
5. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) An orange.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A mango.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)