|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(d) Nathan being with her.
2. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
(a) Not being a proper wife.
(b) Having an affair with Kennington.
(c) Flirting with Kunthi's husband.
(d) Stealing from the white men.
3. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
(a) Kenny's hut.
(b) Kali's hut.
(c) Rukmani's hut.
(d) Kunthi's hut.
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is bald.
(c) She has one arm.
(d) She is beautiful.
5. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
(a) The inn.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The tannery.
(d) The tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
2. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
3. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)