|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is quite ill.
(b) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(c) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(d) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
2. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
(a) For a high fever.
(b) For fertility treatments.
(c) For depression.
(d) For allergic reactions.
3. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
4. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(d) Old Granny.
5. Who is the moneylender?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
2. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
3. In what month is Ira married?
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
5. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)