|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
2. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, brick house.
(b) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(c) It is a straw lean-to.
(d) It is a four-bedroom house.
3. What is Deepavali?
(a) The anniversary of the tannery's opening.
(b) The celebration of the village's settlement.
(c) The Festival of Lights.
(d) The temple's most holy day.
4. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
5. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her arms won't properly develop.
(b) Her legs will bend in.
(c) Her balance won't properly develop.
(d) She will get into far too much trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
2. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
3. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
5. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)