|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
(a) He no longer loves her.
(b) She is still barren.
(c) He feels like he failed her.
(d) He has taken a new wife.
2. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He soothes her.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He returns to her parents' home.
(d) He ignores her.
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The village is once again too quiet.
(b) The men spent their money lavishly.
(c) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(d) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
4. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(d) Old Granny.
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nights does the monsoon last?
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
3. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
5. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)