|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
(a) Complain about Rukmani's living conditions.
(b) Visit the temple to pray.
(c) Visit with the neighbors.
(d) Laugh about Rukmani's earlier exploits.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(b) He is leaving the village.
(c) His brother has been killed.
(d) He is getting married.
3. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
(a) There is no rice in the land.
(b) The store owners refuse to sell to them.
(c) They don't bring enough money with them.
(d) The stores and shops are all closed.
4. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
5. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(c) Working in the fields.
(d) Carrying water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
4. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)