|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
2. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She has one arm.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is bald.
3. Ira's husband wants to divorce Ira. Why?
(a) Ira is too strong-willed.
(b) Ira is too learned.
(c) Ira is barren.
(d) Ira is not a good enough housekeeper.
4. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(b) Working in the fields.
(c) Carrying water.
5. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
2. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
4. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
5. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)