|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(c) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(d) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
3. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
(a) She is still barren.
(b) He has taken a new wife.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) He feels like he failed her.
4. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(b) The village is once again too quiet.
(c) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(d) The men spent their money lavishly.
5. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
3. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
4. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
5. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)