|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. What is Deepavali?
(a) The celebration of the village's settlement.
(b) The temple's most holy day.
(c) The Festival of Lights.
(d) The anniversary of the tannery's opening.
3. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
(a) Kali's two eldest sons.
(b) Kunthi's two eldest sons.
(c) Janaki's two eldest sons.
(d) Rukmani's two eldest sons.
4. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The tannery.
(d) The inn.
5. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) At the brook.
(b) In her home.
(c) In the village.
(d) In the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
2. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
3. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
4. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
5. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)