|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is very young.
(b) He is from a rival village.
(c) He is very old.
(d) He is a foreigner.
2. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) The village doctor.
(b) The temple priest.
(c) The tribal chief.
(d) Rukmani's older sisters.
3. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a straw lean-to.
(b) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(c) It is a four-bedroom house.
(d) It is a two-room, brick house.
4. How many nights does the monsoon last?
5. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
(a) The hut will not survive until monsoon season ends.
(b) The new crops were not planted before the rains came.
(c) There will not be enough to eat for the coming year.
(d) The large amounts of rain will ensure a great crop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)