|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
(a) Her husband is opening a new shop in a neighboring village.
(b) They are going to care for Janaki's ill father.
(c) Her husband's shop is forced to close.
(d) They are evicted by their landlord.
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fifteen days.
3. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) Fifty rupees.
(b) One hundred rupees.
(c) One thousand rupees.
(d) Three hundred rupees.
4. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is very old.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He is from a rival village.
(d) He is a foreigner.
5. How long does Ira's marriage last?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
2. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
3. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)