|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
(a) For allergic reactions.
(b) For depression.
(c) For fertility treatments.
(d) For a high fever.
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Requests food and drink for his men.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Invites them to work.
3. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
4. How long does Ira's marriage last?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
5. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(b) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(c) Kunthi is quite ill.
(d) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
2. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
3. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
4. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
5. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)