|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
(c) Dear one.
2. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) The temple priest.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) The tribal chief.
(d) Rukmani's older sisters.
3. What is Deepavali?
(a) The temple's most holy day.
(b) The celebration of the village's settlement.
(c) The Festival of Lights.
(d) The anniversary of the tannery's opening.
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
(a) He no longer loves her.
(b) He has taken a new wife.
(c) She is still barren.
(d) He feels like he failed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)