|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A spider.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cobra.
2. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He soothes her.
(d) He returns to her parents' home.
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(b) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(c) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(d) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
4. What is Deepavali?
(a) The anniversary of the tannery's opening.
(b) The celebration of the village's settlement.
(c) The Festival of Lights.
(d) The temple's most holy day.
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(b) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(c) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(d) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
2. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
3. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
4. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
5. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)