|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(b) Cobras are good luck.
(c) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(d) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
3. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She writes.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She goes for long walks.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Requests food and drink for his men.
(b) Invites them to work.
(c) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(d) Tells the villagers to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
2. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
3. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
4. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
5. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)