|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(b) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi married beneath her.
3. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
(a) Her husband's shop is forced to close.
(b) They are going to care for Janaki's ill father.
(c) Her husband is opening a new shop in a neighboring village.
(d) They are evicted by their landlord.
4. Ira's husband wants to divorce Ira. Why?
(a) Ira is too strong-willed.
(b) Ira is too learned.
(c) Ira is not a good enough housekeeper.
(d) Ira is barren.
5. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nights does the monsoon last?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Nathan leave the village?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
5. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)