|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
(a) The store owners refuse to sell to them.
(b) The stores and shops are all closed.
(c) They don't bring enough money with them.
(d) There is no rice in the land.
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi misses her family.
(b) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(c) Kunthi married beneath her.
(d) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
3. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
4. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
(a) For allergic reactions.
(b) For a high fever.
(c) For fertility treatments.
(d) For depression.
5. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
(a) Having an affair with Kennington.
(b) Not being a proper wife.
(c) Stealing from the white men.
(d) Flirting with Kunthi's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)