|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is Ira married?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(b) Cobras are good luck.
(c) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(d) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
4. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Sir."
(b) She calls him "Husband."
(c) She calls him "Master."
(d) She calls him "Nathan."
5. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is bald.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She has one arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
2. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
3. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. How many nights does the monsoon last?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)