|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(b) Cobras are good luck.
(c) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(d) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
2. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(b) Biswas's family is starving.
(c) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(d) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) An inn.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A temple.
(d) A tannery.
5. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) An orange.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) A mango.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
2. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
3. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
4. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
5. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)