|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(c) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
3. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
4. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) At the brook.
(b) In her home.
(c) In the fields.
(d) In the village.
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Tells the villagers to go home.
(c) Requests food and drink for his men.
(d) Invites them to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
2. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
3. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)