|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the village doctor's name?
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(b) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(c) Cobras are good luck.
(d) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
3. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Has the child circumsized.
(b) Baptizes his son.
(c) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(d) Holds a celebratory feast.
4. How many nights does the monsoon last?
5. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Master."
(b) She calls him "Sir."
(c) She calls him "Husband."
(d) She calls him "Nathan."
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
3. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
4. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
5. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)