|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Who is the moneylender?
3. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(b) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(c) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
4. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
(a) Kunthi's hut.
(b) Kali's hut.
(c) Rukmani's hut.
(d) Kenny's hut.
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
2. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
3. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
4. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)