|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(b) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She understands, but refuses to listen.
2. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a four-bedroom house.
(b) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(c) It is a straw lean-to.
(d) It is a two-room, brick house.
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(b) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(c) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(d) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
4. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) Seventy kilometers.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
5. What is the village doctor's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
2. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
4. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)