|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Kunthi's child.
(b) Janaki's child.
(c) Biswas's child.
(d) Kali's child.
2. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
(a) They don't bring enough money with them.
(b) There is no rice in the land.
(c) The store owners refuse to sell to them.
(d) The stores and shops are all closed.
3. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
4. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is from a rival village.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He is very old.
(d) He is a foreigner.
5. What is the village doctor's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
2. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
3. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
4. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)