|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(c) Old Granny.
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(b) Kunthi misses her family.
(c) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(d) Kunthi married beneath her.
3. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Holds a celebratory feast.
(b) Has the child circumsized.
(c) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(d) Baptizes his son.
4. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
5. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
4. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)