|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) An inn.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A tannery.
(d) A temple.
2. How does Old Granny make her living?
(b) Selling goat's milk.
(c) Harvesting wheat.
(d) Selling peanuts.
3. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) One week.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three days.
4. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) A red flower lei.
(b) Rukmani's red sari.
(c) Rukmani's purple sari.
(d) A strand of mango leaves.
5. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Three days.
(c) Seventy kilometers.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
2. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
3. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
4. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
5. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)