|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten months.
(d) Twelve weeks.
2. How many nights does the monsoon last?
3. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(b) Has the child circumsized.
(c) Holds a celebratory feast.
(d) Baptizes his son.
4. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
5. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
2. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
3. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
5. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)