|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(c) Fresh soil.
(d) Leaves for the roof repairs.
2. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(c) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(d) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
3. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(b) They are building a bigger house.
(c) They are held in high regard in the village.
(d) They have enough to eat.
4. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi misses her family.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(d) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
5. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Kunthi's child.
(b) Kali's child.
(c) Biswas's child.
(d) Janaki's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
2. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. How does Old Granny make her living?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)