|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) A kiwi.
(b) An orange.
(c) A mango.
(d) A pumpkin.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(b) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(c) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(d) Kunthi is quite ill.
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a four-bedroom house.
(b) It is a straw lean-to.
(c) It is a two-room, brick house.
(d) It is a two-room, mud hut.
5. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
(a) Some thread for Ira's wedding sari.
(b) Some money for Ira's dowry.
(c) Some rice to sell in the village.
(d) Some new writings to sell when money gets tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
2. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)