|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(c) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(d) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
2. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
(a) Kunthi's hut.
(b) Kali's hut.
(c) Kenny's hut.
(d) Rukmani's hut.
3. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They have enough to eat.
(b) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(c) They are building a bigger house.
(d) They are held in high regard in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
2. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
3. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)