|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Husband."
(b) She calls him "Nathan."
(c) She calls him "Sir."
(d) She calls him "Master."
2. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
(a) They don't bring enough money with them.
(b) The store owners refuse to sell to them.
(c) The stores and shops are all closed.
(d) There is no rice in the land.
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. How many nights does the monsoon last?
5. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(a) Carrying water.
(c) Working in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
2. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)