|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is leaving the village.
(c) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(d) His brother has been killed.
2. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(b) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Husband."
(b) She calls him "Master."
(c) She calls him "Sir."
(d) She calls him "Nathan."
5. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) The midwife never shows up.
(b) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
(c) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(d) Rukmani is asked to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
3. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)