|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights does the monsoon last?
2. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) One thousand rupees.
(b) One hundred rupees.
(c) Three hundred rupees.
(d) Fifty rupees.
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Bamboo shoots.
(b) Dried wheat shafts.
(c) Rice leaves.
(d) Coconut fronds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
3. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
4. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
5. Who is the moneylender?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)