|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
2. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(a) Leaves for the roof repairs.
(c) Fresh soil.
3. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(b) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(c) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(d) Biswas's family is starving.
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(b) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(c) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(d) Kunthi is quite ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Old Granny make her living?
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
3. In what month is Ira married?
4. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)