|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She touches it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She writes about it.
2. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
3. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(b) It is a two-room, brick house.
(c) It is a four-bedroom house.
(d) It is a straw lean-to.
5. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(b) Carrying water.
(c) Working in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
2. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)