|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(a) Carrying water.
(d) Working in the fields.
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To meet the other women.
(b) To work.
(c) To shop.
(d) To sell their rice.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(b) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(c) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(d) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
3. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
4. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
5. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)