|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(b) The midwife never shows up.
(c) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(d) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
2. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(d) Old Granny.
3. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) Rukmani's older sisters.
(b) The village doctor.
(c) The tribal chief.
(d) The temple priest.
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) An orange.
(b) A mango.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) A pumpkin.
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He soothes her.
(b) He returns to her parents' home.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)