|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
(a) Rukmani's hut.
(b) Kunthi's hut.
(c) Kali's hut.
(d) Kenny's hut.
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(b) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi married beneath her.
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fifteen days.
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(b) They are held in high regard in the village.
(c) They are building a bigger house.
(d) They have enough to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
3. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)