|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Selling goat's milk.
(b) Harvesting wheat.
(c) Selling peanuts.
2. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) Fifty rupees.
(b) One hundred rupees.
(c) One thousand rupees.
(d) Three hundred rupees.
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(c) Fresh soil.
(d) Leaves for the roof repairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
2. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
3. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
4. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
5. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)