|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(d) Nathan being with her.
2. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) At the brook.
(b) In the village.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the fields.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(b) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(c) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(d) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
4. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
(a) Wealth and long life.
(b) Happiness and good fortune.
(c) Good fortune and many children.
(d) Long life and happiness.
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the village doctor's name?
2. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)