|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(b) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(c) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(d) Cobras are good luck.
2. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
(b) Dear one.
3. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(b) Working in the fields.
(d) Carrying water.
4. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cobra.
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
2. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
3. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
4. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
5. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)