|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Fifteen days.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
3. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
4. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They have enough to eat.
(b) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(c) They are held in high regard in the village.
(d) They are building a bigger house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
2. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
5. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)