|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She writes about it.
(b) She touches it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She feeds it.
2. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
3. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A rat.
(d) A spider.
4. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(b) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(c) Biswas's family is starving.
(d) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
3. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
4. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
5. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)