|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi married beneath her.
(b) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
2. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(b) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(c) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(d) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, brick house.
(b) It is a four-bedroom house.
(c) It is a straw lean-to.
(d) It is a two-room, mud hut.
5. What is the village doctor's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
2. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
3. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
4. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)