|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is a foreigner.
(b) He is very old.
(c) He is from a rival village.
(d) He is very young.
2. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A temple.
(c) An inn.
(d) A tannery.
3. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
4. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(b) Biswas's family is starving.
(c) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(d) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
2. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
3. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
4. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
5. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)