|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) The temple priest.
(b) The tribal chief.
(c) Rukmani's older sisters.
(d) The village doctor.
2. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
3. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Biswas's family is starving.
(b) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(c) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(d) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A tannery.
(b) An inn.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A temple.
5. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
2. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
3. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
4. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
5. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)