|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A temple.
(b) An inn.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A tannery.
2. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) A mango.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) An orange.
(d) A pumpkin.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(b) His brother has been killed.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is leaving the village.
4. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
(c) Dear one.
5. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(b) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(c) The village is once again too quiet.
(d) The men spent their money lavishly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
2. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
3. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
4. What is the village doctor's name?
5. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)