|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(b) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(c) Cobras are good luck.
(d) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(b) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi married beneath her.
3. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
(a) She lost a child before their son was born.
(b) She is seeing Kenny for fertility treatments.
(c) She is working in the village to earn extra money.
(d) She is seeing Kenny romantically.
4. What is the village doctor's name?
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(b) She goes for long walks.
(c) She writes.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
4. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
5. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)