|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
(a) Some money for Ira's dowry.
(b) Some rice to sell in the village.
(c) Some thread for Ira's wedding sari.
(d) Some new writings to sell when money gets tight.
2. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is quite ill.
(b) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(c) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(d) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
3. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She kills it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She touches it.
(d) She writes about it.
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A tannery.
(c) An inn.
(d) A temple.
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are building a bigger house.
(b) They are held in high regard in the village.
(c) They have enough to eat.
(d) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
4. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
5. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)