|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(b) The midwife never shows up.
(c) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(d) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
2. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(b) The men spent their money lavishly.
(c) The village is once again too quiet.
(d) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve weeks.
4. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(c) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(d) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) Fifteen hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
2. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
3. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
4. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)