|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(b) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(c) Biswas's family is starving.
(d) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(c) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(d) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(b) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(c) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(d) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
4. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
5. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
2. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
4. What is the village doctor's name?
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)