|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the village doctor's name?
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Tells the villagers to go home.
(b) Invites them to work.
(c) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(d) Requests food and drink for his men.
3. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Fifteen days.
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
(a) That her marriage is in trouble.
(b) That she has no sons.
(c) That her mother's death could have been prevented.
(d) That she has been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
2. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
3. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
4. How does Old Granny make her living?
5. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)