|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
(b) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(c) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(d) The midwife never shows up.
2. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(a) Working in the fields.
(b) Carrying water.
3. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(b) Nathan lives in the same town.
(c) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
(d) Nathan requires no dowry.
5. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Coconut fronds.
(b) Dried wheat shafts.
(c) Bamboo shoots.
(d) Rice leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
2. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
5. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)