|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Biswas's child.
(b) Kali's child.
(c) Janaki's child.
(d) Kunthi's child.
2. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is bald.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She has one arm.
3. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Baptizes his son.
(b) Has the child circumsized.
(c) Holds a celebratory feast.
(d) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
4. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A backward child.
(b) A village girl.
(c) An ignorant woman.
(d) A scared little girl.
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
2. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
3. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
4. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)