|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A village girl.
(b) A scared little girl.
(c) A backward child.
(d) An ignorant woman.
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Harvesting wheat.
(b) Selling goat's milk.
(c) Selling peanuts.
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(b) Nathan lives in the same town.
(c) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
(d) Nathan requires no dowry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
2. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)