|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
2. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He returns to her parents' home.
(b) He soothes her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He yells at her.
3. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A spider.
(d) A rat.
4. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She goes for long walks.
(b) She visits with Kunthi.
(c) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(d) She writes.
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(b) They are held in high regard in the village.
(c) They have enough to eat.
(d) They are building a bigger house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)