|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fifteen days.
2. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her father.
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten months.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) His brother has been killed.
(d) He is leaving the village.
5. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
(a) Some rice to sell in the village.
(b) Some thread for Ira's wedding sari.
(c) Some money for Ira's dowry.
(d) Some new writings to sell when money gets tight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
2. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
3. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
4. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
5. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)