|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To sell their rice.
(b) To meet the other women.
(c) To shop.
(d) To work.
2. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
3. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
4. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
(a) She lost a child before their son was born.
(b) She is working in the village to earn extra money.
(c) She is seeing Kenny romantically.
(d) She is seeing Kenny for fertility treatments.
5. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) The village doctor.
(b) The temple priest.
(c) The tribal chief.
(d) Rukmani's older sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
3. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
5. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)