|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To meet the other women.
(b) To sell their rice.
(c) To work.
(d) To shop.
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Fifteen days.
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Harvesting wheat.
(b) Selling peanuts.
(d) Selling goat's milk.
4. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
5. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi misses her family.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(d) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
3. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)