|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(b) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(c) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(d) Kunthi is quite ill.
2. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
3. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
(d) Dear one.
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is bald.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She has one arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
3. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
5. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)