|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She writes.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She visits with Kunthi.
(d) She goes for long walks.
2. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A spider.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A rat.
3. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her balance won't properly develop.
(b) She will get into far too much trouble.
(c) Her legs will bend in.
(d) Her arms won't properly develop.
4. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
5. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Master."
(b) She calls him "Nathan."
(c) She calls him "Husband."
(d) She calls him "Sir."
Short Answer Questions
1. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
2. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
5. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)