|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Dried wheat shafts.
(b) Bamboo shoots.
(c) Coconut fronds.
(d) Rice leaves.
2. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(b) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(c) Moving back to the city.
(d) Nathan being with her.
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She writes about it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She touches it.
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
2. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
5. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)