|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) One day.
(b) Two days.
(c) Fifteen hours.
(d) Four hours.
2. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
3. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He soothes her.
(d) He returns to her parents' home.
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She feeds it.
(b) She writes about it.
(c) She touches it.
(d) She kills it.
5. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) The midwife never shows up.
(b) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(c) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
(d) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the moneylender?
2. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
3. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)