|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She has one arm.
(d) She is bald.
2. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is quite ill.
(b) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(c) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(d) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
3. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Nathan being with her.
(b) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(c) Moving back to the city.
(d) Ira's upcoming wedding.
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. Who is the moneylender?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
2. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
3. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)