|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, brick house.
(b) It is a straw lean-to.
(c) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(d) It is a four-bedroom house.
2. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She kills it.
(b) She touches it.
(c) She feeds it.
(d) She writes about it.
3. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
4. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(b) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(c) Kunthi is quite ill.
(d) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
5. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(c) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(d) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
3. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
4. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
5. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)