|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
(a) Good fortune and many children.
(b) Wealth and long life.
(c) Happiness and good fortune.
(d) Long life and happiness.
2. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She writes.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She visits with Kunthi.
(d) She goes for long walks.
3. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a straw lean-to.
(b) It is a four-bedroom house.
(c) It is a two-room, brick house.
(d) It is a two-room, mud hut.
5. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Nathan."
(b) She calls him "Sir."
(c) She calls him "Husband."
(d) She calls him "Master."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
2. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
3. Who is the moneylender?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. How does Old Granny make her living?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)