|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan requires no dowry.
(b) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(c) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
(d) Nathan lives in the same town.
4. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her teacher.
5. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her balance won't properly develop.
(b) She will get into far too much trouble.
(c) Her arms won't properly develop.
(d) Her legs will bend in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
2. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
4. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
5. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)