|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a straw lean-to.
(b) It is a four-bedroom house.
(c) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(d) It is a two-room, brick house.
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) One week.
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Harvesting wheat.
(c) Selling goat's milk.
(d) Selling peanuts.
5. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan lives in the same town.
(b) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(c) Nathan requires no dowry.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
2. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
3. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)