|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a four-bedroom house.
(b) It is a straw lean-to.
(c) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(d) It is a two-room, brick house.
2. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
3. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her brother.
4. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is quite ill.
(b) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(c) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(d) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
5. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) At the brook.
(b) In the fields.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
2. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
3. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
4. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
5. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)