|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
2. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
3. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
(b) Carrying water.
(c) Working in the fields.
4. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(b) She writes.
(c) She goes for long walks.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rat.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cobra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
2. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
5. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)