|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi misses her family.
(b) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(c) Kunthi married beneath her.
(d) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
3. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) An orange.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) A mango.
4. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(b) The midwife never shows up.
(c) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(d) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) One day.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
2. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
3. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
4. How does Old Granny make her living?
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)