|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To sell their rice.
(b) To shop.
(c) To work.
(d) To meet the other women.
2. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She feeds it.
(b) She writes about it.
(c) She kills it.
(d) She touches it.
3. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan lives in the same town.
(b) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(c) Nathan requires no dowry.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(d) Nathan being with her.
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) One day.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
2. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
4. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
5. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)