|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(b) She writes.
(c) She visits with Kunthi.
(d) She goes for long walks.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twelve weeks.
(d) Ten months.
4. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
5. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(b) Kunthi misses her family.
(c) Kunthi married beneath her.
(d) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the moneylender?
2. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
3. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
4. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
5. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)