|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(b) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(c) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(d) Kunthi is quite ill.
2. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
(a) Happiness and good fortune.
(b) Long life and happiness.
(c) Good fortune and many children.
(d) Wealth and long life.
3. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Bamboo shoots.
(b) Dried wheat shafts.
(c) Coconut fronds.
(d) Rice leaves.
4. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Husband."
(b) She calls him "Nathan."
(c) She calls him "Master."
(d) She calls him "Sir."
5. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To shop.
(b) To meet the other women.
(c) To sell their rice.
(d) To work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
3. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
4. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
5. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)