|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her balance won't properly develop.
(b) She will get into far too much trouble.
(c) Her arms won't properly develop.
(d) Her legs will bend in.
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Fifteen hours.
(d) One day.
3. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(b) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(c) Cobras are good luck.
(d) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a four-bedroom house.
(b) It is a straw lean-to.
(c) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(d) It is a two-room, brick house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
2. How does Old Granny make her living?
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
5. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)