|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Three days.
3. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She goes for long walks.
(b) She writes.
(c) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is bald.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She has one arm.
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He returns to her parents' home.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He soothes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
2. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
3. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)