Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 28, 29 and 30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
2. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten months.
(c) One year.
(d) Twenty-seven months.
3. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
(a) That she has no sons.
(b) That her mother's death could have been prevented.
(c) That she has been ill.
(d) That her marriage is in trouble.
4. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
(a) She turns to prostitution.
(b) She draws upon her secret hoard.
(c) She picks and cooks twigs and berries.
(d) She works for Kenny.
5. How many rupees do Nathan and Rukmani need for the journey back to their village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nathan when he dies?
2. Nathan and Rukmani's guide tells them of a better way to earn money in the city. Where does he tell them to go?
3. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
4. What does Old Granny die from?
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)