Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Tells the villagers to go home.
(b) Requests food and drink for his men.
(c) Invites them to work.
(d) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
2. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The rains are not coming.
(b) The children are rebelling.
(c) The workers are striking.
(d) The neighbors are stealing.
3. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
4. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
(a) The inn.
(b) The tavern.
(c) The tannery.
(d) The hospital.
5. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By teaching other villagers to read.
(b) By selling her writings.
(c) By prostituting herself.
(d) By gambling in the tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Kenny returned to the village?
2. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
3. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
4. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
5. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)