Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Twelve weeks.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
(a) He delivers a baby by Caesarean section.
(b) He visits Rukmani's home.
(c) He hires Nathan as an assistant.
(d) He builds a house in the village.
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Janaki's child.
(b) Kunthi's child.
(c) Biswas's child.
(d) Kali's child.
4. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(b) Biswas's family is starving.
(c) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(d) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
5. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
2. Ira's husband wants to divorce Ira. Why?
3. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Nathan leave the village?
5. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)