|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 5, 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A spider.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A rat.
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Invites them to work.
(b) Requests food and drink for his men.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
3. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi is quite ill.
(b) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(c) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
(d) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
4. What is the village doctor's name?
5. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(b) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
2. In what month is Ira married?
3. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
4. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)