Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
2. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Holds a celebratory feast.
(b) Has the child circumsized.
(c) Baptizes his son.
(d) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
3. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To meet the other women.
(b) To shop.
(c) To work.
(d) To sell their rice.
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) His brother has been killed.
(b) He is leaving the village.
(c) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(d) He is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
2. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
3. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)