|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Harvesting wheat.
(c) Selling peanuts.
(d) Selling goat's milk.
2. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
3. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, brick house.
(b) It is a straw lean-to.
(c) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(d) It is a four-bedroom house.
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) An orange.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) A mango.
(d) A pumpkin.
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
2. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
3. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
4. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
5. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)