|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
(a) The baptismal ceremony.
(b) The Feast of Plenty ceremony.
(c) The naming ceremony.
(d) The circumcision ceremony.
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. During which season is Ira's child born?
4. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a servant.
(c) He is a brick layer.
(d) He is a tannery official.
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A rat.
(d) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
3. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
5. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)