|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
(b) Good workers.
(c) Young kids.
(d) Lazy men.
2. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(b) He will be staying in the village for good.
(c) He is a grandfather.
(d) His wife has left him.
3. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) Fifty rupees.
(b) Three hundred rupees.
(c) One thousand rupees.
(d) One hundred rupees.
4. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The tannery.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The inn.
5. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty-nine months.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brila?
2. Ira and Sacrabani stay behind in the village. Who will they live with?
3. Who is Puli?
4. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
5. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)