|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A bundle of rice.
(c) A new shirt.
(d) A garland.
2. When Rukmani learns that her son has been killed, what does she also learn he has been accused of?
(a) Stealing rice.
(b) Stealing wages.
(c) Stealing a bullock.
(d) Stealing a calf skin.
3. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
4. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
5. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(a) Fresh soil.
(b) Leaves for the roof repairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
2. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
3. After their first night in the city, what do Rukmani and Nathan own?
4. During their conversation in the village, Biswas tells Rukmani a rumor he heard from Kunthi. What is the rumor?
5. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)