|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Nathan."
(b) She calls him "Sir."
(c) She calls him "Master."
(d) She calls him "Husband."
2. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By teaching other villagers to read.
(b) By selling her writings.
(c) By prostituting herself.
(d) By gambling in the tavern.
3. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the tea plantation.
(b) In the tannery's new building.
(c) In the masonry building.
(d) In the village market.
4. How long does Ira's marriage last?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
5. Which of Rukmani's sons actually dies from starvation?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
2. How many nights does the monsoon last?
3. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
4. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)