|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(b) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi married beneath her.
2. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She feeds it.
(b) She kills it.
(c) She touches it.
(d) She writes about it.
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(b) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(c) The men spent their money lavishly.
(d) The village is once again too quiet.
4. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
(a) A writing tablet.
(b) A coconut frond.
(c) A bundle of rice.
(d) A rupee.
5. On their first night in the city, what happens while Rukmani and Nathan are eating their dinner?
(a) Their belongings are stolen.
(b) They decide to return to their village.
(c) Nathan falls ill.
(d) Murugan finds them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
2. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
3. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
4. Who are among the first to work in the tannery?
5. When Rukmani goes into the village to sell her vegetables, what does Biswas tell Rukmani?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)