|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
(a) He no longer loves her.
(b) He has taken a new wife.
(c) He feels like he failed her.
(d) She is still barren.
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(d) Kunthi misses her family.
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(b) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(c) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(d) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
4. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
(a) Selvam is a wonderful help to me.
(b) I will find a way.
(c) The hospital will be a blessing. You'll see.
(d) It will be done soon.
5. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
3. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)