|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) He is a grandfather.
(b) His wife has left him.
(c) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(d) He will be staying in the village for good.
2. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(b) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
(c) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(d) The midwife never shows up.
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Selling peanuts.
(c) Harvesting wheat.
(d) Selling goat's milk.
4. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Requests food and drink for his men.
(b) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Invites them to work.
5. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
2. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
3. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
4. What does Ira name her son?
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)