|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the moneylender?
2. While the local shops struggle, one business flourishes. Which business is doing just fine?
(a) The tavern.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The tannery.
(d) The inn.
3. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the masonry building.
(b) In the tannery's new building.
(c) In the village market.
(d) In the tea plantation.
4. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
(a) 10 rupees.
(b) 75 rupees.
(c) 145 rupees.
(d) 30 rupees.
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She writes.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She goes for long walks.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
2. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
3. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
4. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
5. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)