|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
2. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(b) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(c) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(d) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
4. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To sell their rice.
(b) To shop.
(c) To work.
(d) To meet the other women.
5. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
2. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
3. Which of Rukmani's sons always has a book or two nearby and has learned to read and write to a far greater level that what his mother taught him?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)