|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To meet the other women.
(b) To sell their rice.
(c) To work.
(d) To shop.
2. Why does Ira's husband refuse to take her back?
(a) He has taken a new wife.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He feels like he failed her.
(d) She is still barren.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(b) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(c) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(d) She understands, but refuses to listen.
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan requires no dowry.
(b) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(c) Nathan lives in the same town.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
(a) The harvest is mostly destroyed by another monsoon.
(b) The harvest is more than enough to pay what they owe.
(c) The harvest is meager.
(d) The harvest is enough to pay their rent, but with nothing left over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons is killed at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
4. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
5. Which of Rukmani's children is the most stubborn?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)