|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The workers are striking.
(b) The rains are not coming.
(c) The neighbors are stealing.
(d) The children are rebelling.
2. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
3. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Requests food and drink for his men.
(b) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Invites them to work.
4. Chapter 18 opens with Rukmani going into town to sell some of her vegetables. Who does she now refuse to sell to?
(b) Old Granny.
5. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
2. When the tannery officials are visiting Rukmani, what do they accuse her sons of being?
3. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
4. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
5. Who is Puli?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)