|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira name her son?
2. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
3. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(b) The land is being sold.
(c) The rent is being increased.
(d) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
4. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twenty-nine months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Two years.
5. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They receive higher wages.
(b) They are promoted.
(c) They receive longer breaks.
(d) They lose their jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Nathan leave the village?
3. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
4. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
5. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)