|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
2. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(b) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(c) Nathan being with her.
(d) Moving back to the city.
3. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
(a) Rukmani is preparing a celebratory feast.
(b) Rukmani is the woman's best friend.
(c) Rukmani is asked to stay.
(d) The midwife never shows up.
4. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
5. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Selling peanuts.
(c) Selling goat's milk.
(d) Harvesting wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. One night, Rukmani awakens to hear footsteps in her house. Who does Rukmani fear is in her house?
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
3. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
4. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
5. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)