|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ira's husband wants to divorce Ira. Why?
(a) Ira is too learned.
(b) Ira is not a good enough housekeeper.
(c) Ira is barren.
(d) Ira is too strong-willed.
2. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
(a) They have been nothing but trouble since starting work at the tannery.
(b) Nathan cannot afford to keep feeding his sons.
(c) They are men now and have made their decision.
(d) They are paying Nathan to let them go.
3. What does Rukmani use for the first time at the doctor's house?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A telephone.
(c) A latrine.
(d) An electric stove.
4. In what month is Ira married?
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A spider.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
2. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
3. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
4. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
5. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)