|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ira earning the money she is using to buy food for her brother?
(a) By gambling in the tavern.
(b) By prostituting herself.
(c) By selling her writings.
(d) By teaching other villagers to read.
2. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They are promoted.
(b) They receive longer breaks.
(c) They lose their jobs.
(d) They receive higher wages.
3. Which one of Nathan's sons has no skill for farming?
4. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
(a) Happiness and good fortune.
(b) Long life and happiness.
(c) Good fortune and many children.
(d) Wealth and long life.
5. What does Old Granny die from?
(c) A beating .
(d) A fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
2. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
3. When they reach the doctor's house where their son works, what are Rukmani and Nathan told by the servants?
4. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
5. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)