|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) She will get into far too much trouble.
(b) Her legs will bend in.
(c) Her arms won't properly develop.
(d) Her balance won't properly develop.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
(a) He builds a house in the village.
(b) He hires Nathan as an assistant.
(c) He visits Rukmani's home.
(d) He delivers a baby by Caesarean section.
3. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
(a) 30 rupees.
(b) 145 rupees.
(c) 10 rupees.
(d) 75 rupees.
4. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
5. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are the mediators.
(b) They are just workers.
(c) They are the officials' spokesmen.
(d) They are the workers' spokesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
2. When the two women meet in the village late one night, what does Kunthi accuse Rukmani of?
3. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
5. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)