|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
2. On their first night in the city, what happens while Rukmani and Nathan are eating their dinner?
(a) Murugan finds them.
(b) Nathan falls ill.
(c) They decide to return to their village.
(d) Their belongings are stolen.
3. Why do Janaki and her husband leave the village?
(a) They are evicted by their landlord.
(b) Her husband's shop is forced to close.
(c) Her husband is opening a new shop in a neighboring village.
(d) They are going to care for Janaki's ill father.
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
(a) Their bullocks.
(b) Their pots and pans.
(c) The next season's seed.
(d) Their wedding clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
2. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
3. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
4. Which of Rukmani's children is most in danger of dying from starvation?
5. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)