|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
(a) The large amounts of rain will ensure a great crop.
(b) There will not be enough to eat for the coming year.
(c) The hut will not survive until monsoon season ends.
(d) The new crops were not planted before the rains came.
2. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
3. When Rukmani goes to Kenny's house to visit with him in Chapter 18, what news does Rukmani learn?
(a) He is a grandfather.
(b) He will be staying in the village for good.
(c) He will no longer be practicing medicine.
(d) His wife has left him.
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) A mango.
(b) A pumpkin.
(c) A kiwi.
(d) An orange.
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
2. In spite of the circumstances surrounding the birth of Ira's son, what ceremony does Nathan hold ten days after the child's birth?
3. During the same visit with Kenny at his house, what news does Rukmani share with Kenny?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 17, Nathan and Rukmani harvest their crop. What kind of harvest do they have?
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)