|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
(a) For depression.
(b) For allergic reactions.
(c) For a high fever.
(d) For fertility treatments.
2. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
3. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
(a) Her new dress.
(b) Her red sari.
(c) Her mother's ring.
(d) Ira's new dowry.
4. In what month is Ira married?
5. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
(a) To work.
(b) To shop.
(c) To meet the other women.
(d) To sell their rice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
2. How does Old Granny make her living?
3. After the conversation with Biswas in the village, what does Rukmani buy for Kenny?
4. When Rukmani goes to the river to wash Ira's garment, what does she find in the garment's folds?
5. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)