|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her arms won't properly develop.
(b) Her balance won't properly develop.
(c) She will get into far too much trouble.
(d) Her legs will bend in.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, why does Nathan leave the village?
(a) He is searching for a new husband for Ira.
(b) He is going to attend a relative's funeral.
(c) He is going to the city to buy new rice seed.
(d) He is searching for Arjun.
4. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is from a rival village.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He is very old.
(d) He is a foreigner.
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
2. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
3. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
4. Why does Rukmani take Ira to see Kenny?
5. How much money do Rukmani and Nathan leave the village with?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)