|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(b) Biswas's family is starving.
(c) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(d) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
3. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
4. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) Three days.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Seventy kilometers.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
2. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
3. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
4. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)