|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(b) It is a four-bedroom house.
(c) It is a straw lean-to.
(d) It is a two-room, brick house.
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He returns to her parents' home.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He soothes her.
5. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi misses her family.
(b) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(c) Kunthi married beneath her.
(d) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
2. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
3. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
4. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
5. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)