|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Old Granny make her living?
(b) Harvesting wheat.
(c) Selling goat's milk.
(d) Selling peanuts.
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Fifteen hours.
3. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is from a rival village.
(b) He is very young.
(c) He is very old.
(d) He is a foreigner.
4. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
2. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
3. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
4. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
5. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)