|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(b) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(c) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(d) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
2. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
(a) She is seeing Kenny romantically.
(b) She lost a child before their son was born.
(c) She is working in the village to earn extra money.
(d) She is seeing Kenny for fertility treatments.
3. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A village girl.
(b) A scared little girl.
(c) An ignorant woman.
(d) A backward child.
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She feeds it.
(b) She kills it.
(c) She touches it.
(d) She writes about it.
5. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
3. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
5. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)