|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(b) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(c) The village is once again too quiet.
(d) The men spent their money lavishly.
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Requests food and drink for his men.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Invites them to work.
3. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) The village doctor.
(b) Rukmani's older sisters.
(c) The temple priest.
(d) The tribal chief.
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She kills it.
(b) She touches it.
(c) She writes about it.
(d) She feeds it.
5. What is the village doctor's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
2. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)