|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(b) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(c) Moving back to the city.
(d) Nathan being with her.
2. What is the village doctor's name?
3. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
4. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
2. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
3. How does Old Granny make her living?
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)