|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) One year.
2. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(d) Nathan being with her.
3. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) A kiwi.
(b) A mango.
(c) A pumpkin.
(d) An orange.
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
(a) That her marriage is in trouble.
(b) That she has no sons.
(c) That her mother's death could have been prevented.
(d) That she has been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
3. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)