|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A backward child.
(b) An ignorant woman.
(c) A village girl.
(d) A scared little girl.
2. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(b) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
3. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
(a) It is a two-room, brick house.
(b) It is a two-room, mud hut.
(c) It is a four-bedroom house.
(d) It is a straw lean-to.
4. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
5. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(b) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(c) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(d) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
2. What is the village doctor's name?
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
4. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
5. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)