|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
(a) A pumpkin.
(b) A kiwi.
(c) A mango.
(d) An orange.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Twelve weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Ten months.
4. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(b) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(c) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(d) Biswas's family is starving.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) He is leaving the village.
(c) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(d) His brother has been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
2. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)