|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She kills it.
(b) She feeds it.
(c) She touches it.
(d) She writes about it.
2. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
(a) Some rice to sell in the village.
(b) Some thread for Ira's wedding sari.
(c) Some money for Ira's dowry.
(d) Some new writings to sell when money gets tight.
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) In the village.
(b) In her home.
(c) At the brook.
(d) In the fields.
4. How does Old Granny make her living?
(a) Selling goat's milk.
(b) Harvesting wheat.
(d) Selling peanuts.
5. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(b) Biswas's family is starving.
(c) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(d) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
3. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
4. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
5. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)