|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan requires no dowry.
(b) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(c) Nathan lives in the same town.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
2. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is very young.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is from a rival village.
(d) He is very old.
3. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A temple.
(b) A tannery.
(c) An inn.
(d) A graveyard.
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Invites them to work.
(b) Requests food and drink for his men.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
2. How long is Rukmani in the Nathan's village before finally meeting some of the other women?
3. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
4. What is Rukmani doing when she first meets the other women in Nathan's village?
5. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)