|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some of the villagers not trust the doctor?
(a) He is very old.
(b) He is a foreigner.
(c) He is very young.
(d) He is from a rival village.
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Invites them to work.
(b) Tells the villagers to go home.
(c) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(d) Requests food and drink for his men.
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Biswas's child.
(b) Kali's child.
(c) Janaki's child.
(d) Kunthi's child.
4. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
5. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
(a) Biswas pays more for her vegetables.
(b) Old Granny doesn't buy enough to be a stable income source.
(c) Old Granny complains about the quality of the vegetables.
(d) Biswas's family is starving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
3. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
4. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
5. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)