|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
2. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(b) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(c) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(d) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(c) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
2. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
5. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)