|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(b) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(c) Kunthi misses her family.
(d) Kunthi married beneath her.
2. When Rukmani's mother is on her deathbed, who does her father send for?
(a) Rukmani's older sisters.
(b) The temple priest.
(c) The village doctor.
(d) The tribal chief.
3. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
(a) She calls him "Sir."
(b) She calls him "Husband."
(c) She calls him "Master."
(d) She calls him "Nathan."
4. What does Nathan do ten days after the birth of his son?
(a) Offers sacrifices to the fertility gods.
(b) Holds a celebratory feast.
(c) Has the child circumsized.
(d) Baptizes his son.
5. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
2. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
3. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
4. What is the village doctor's name?
5. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)