|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Requests food and drink for his men.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Invites them to work.
2. Rukmani is keeping a secret from her husband. What is her secret?
(a) She is seeing Kenny for fertility treatments.
(b) She lost a child before their son was born.
(c) She is working in the village to earn extra money.
(d) She is seeing Kenny romantically.
3. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
(a) In the fields.
(b) At the brook.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the village.
4. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(d) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
2. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
3. Why does Rukmani begin selling her vegetables to Biswas instead of to Old Granny?
4. What fruit does Rukmani first grow that earns Nathan's praise?
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)