|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
2. Rukmani and two other women take turns helping Kunthi. Why?
(a) Kunthi refuses to care for her children.
(b) Kunthi is quite ill.
(c) Kunthi is near the end of her pregnancy and unable to do anything for herself.
(d) Kunthi is lame and cannot walk.
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(c) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(d) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) His brother has been killed.
(b) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(c) He is leaving the village.
(d) He is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
3. What is the village doctor's name?
4. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)