|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
2. What name do Rukmani and Nathan give to their son?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(b) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(c) The village is once again too quiet.
(d) The men spent their money lavishly.
4. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
(a) That her mother's death could have been prevented.
(b) That her marriage is in trouble.
(c) That she has been ill.
(d) That she has no sons.
5. Nathan hangs a garland of mango leaves across the doorway to welcome Rukmani to her new house. What do the mango leaves symbolize?
(a) Wealth and long life.
(b) Long life and happiness.
(c) Good fortune and many children.
(d) Happiness and good fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
3. How does Rukmani address Nathan?
4. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
5. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)