|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is bald.
(d) She has one arm.
2. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A spider.
3. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(b) They have enough to eat.
(c) They are held in high regard in the village.
(d) They are building a bigger house.
4. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She writes about it.
(b) She kills it.
(c) She touches it.
(d) She feeds it.
5. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan lives in the same town.
(b) Nathan requires no dowry.
(c) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(d) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
2. What is the village doctor's name?
3. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
4. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
5. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)