|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He soothes her.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He returns to her parents' home.
2. What do Rukmani and her mother do whenever Rukmani travels back to her childhood home?
(a) Laugh about Rukmani's earlier exploits.
(b) Visit with the neighbors.
(c) Complain about Rukmani's living conditions.
(d) Visit the temple to pray.
3. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
4. What does Rukmani set aside at the end of every month?
(a) Some rice to sell in the village.
(b) Some new writings to sell when money gets tight.
(c) Some money for Ira's dowry.
(d) Some thread for Ira's wedding sari.
5. Even though Rukmani has to sell her vegetables in the village, the family is still grateful. Why?
(a) They are building a bigger house.
(b) They have enough to eat.
(c) They are getting wealthy off of the vegetable sales.
(d) They are held in high regard in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
2. Where is Rukmani when she meets the other women?
3. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
4. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
5. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)