|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(b) His brother has been killed.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is leaving the village.
2. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She writes.
(b) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(c) She goes for long walks.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. Why do the village women think Kunthi is quieter and more reserved than the rest of the women?
(a) Kunthi doesn't approve of the other women.
(b) Kunthi married beneath her.
(c) Kunthi is ashamed of her husband.
(d) Kunthi misses her family.
5. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Seventy kilometers.
(c) Three days.
(d) One hundred miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
2. After her mother dies, the doctor asks Rukmani what is wrong. What does Rukmani reveal to the doctor?
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
4. Why does Rukmani go into the village once or twice a week?
5. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)