|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A tannery.
(b) An inn.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A temple.
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her legs will bend in.
(b) She will get into far too much trouble.
(c) Her balance won't properly develop.
(d) Her arms won't properly develop.
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
(a) Kunthi's child.
(b) Biswas's child.
(c) Janaki's child.
(d) Kali's child.
4. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
5. How old is Rukmani's daughter when her first son is finally born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
2. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
5. After the marriage, Rukmani sees her new home. What is it like?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)