|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) A strand of mango leaves.
(b) A red flower lei.
(c) Rukmani's purple sari.
(d) Rukmani's red sari.
2. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
3. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(b) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(c) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
(d) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
4. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
5. What nickname does Nathan call Rukmani?
(c) Dear one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
2. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
3. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
4. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
5. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)