|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
(a) They work for free.
(b) They burn the tannery.
(c) They stage a sit-in.
(d) They strike.
2. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are just workers.
(b) They are the officials' spokesmen.
(c) They are the workers' spokesmen.
(d) They are the mediators.
3. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The children are rebelling.
(b) The rains are not coming.
(c) The neighbors are stealing.
(d) The workers are striking.
4. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(b) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
5. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Ira married?
2. How many nights does the monsoon last?
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
5. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)