|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
2. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(b) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(c) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
(d) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
3. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They receive longer breaks.
(b) They lose their jobs.
(c) They receive higher wages.
(d) They are promoted.
4. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
(a) 10 ollocks.
(b) 4 ollocks.
(c) 20 ollocks.
(d) 6 ollocks.
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A cobra.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A spider.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
3. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
4. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
5. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)