|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
(a) 20 ollocks.
(b) 4 ollocks.
(c) 6 ollocks.
(d) 10 ollocks.
2. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) One hundred rupees.
(b) Three hundred rupees.
(c) Fifty rupees.
(d) One thousand rupees.
3. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She has one arm.
(d) She is bald.
4. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
(a) They strike.
(b) They stage a sit-in.
(c) They work for free.
(d) They burn the tannery.
5. What does Rukmani talk Nathan out of selling?
(a) Their pots and pans.
(b) The next season's seed.
(c) Their bullocks.
(d) Their wedding clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
2. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
3. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
4. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
5. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)