|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are the officials' spokesmen.
(b) They are just workers.
(c) They are the mediators.
(d) They are the workers' spokesmen.
2. Who does Rukmani trust to find a suitable husband for Ira?
(b) Old Granny.
3. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
(a) The large amounts of rain will ensure a great crop.
(b) There will not be enough to eat for the coming year.
(c) The new crops were not planted before the rains came.
(d) The hut will not survive until monsoon season ends.
4. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
5. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
3. How many nights does the monsoon last?
4. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
5. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)