|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
(a) The stores and shops are all closed.
(b) The store owners refuse to sell to them.
(c) They don't bring enough money with them.
(d) There is no rice in the land.
2. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) Three days.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) Seventy kilometers.
(d) Two weeks.
3. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is a brick layer.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a tannery official.
4. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
(a) A rat.
(b) A spider.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A cobra.
5. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
2. After the monsoon, rice is scarce. Who are Rukmani and Nathan forced to buy rice from?
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
4. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
5. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)