|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) A strand of mango leaves.
(b) Rukmani's red sari.
(c) A red flower lei.
(d) Rukmani's purple sari.
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her legs will bend in.
(b) Her balance won't properly develop.
(c) She will get into far too much trouble.
(d) Her arms won't properly develop.
3. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
(a) Coconut fronds.
(b) Bamboo shoots.
(c) Rice leaves.
(d) Dried wheat shafts.
4. When Rukmani begins taking better care of herself and leaving more of the farming work to Nathan, what does she do in her spare time?
(a) She teaches the neighborhood children.
(b) She goes for long walks.
(c) She writes.
(d) She visits with Kunthi.
5. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) The other villages require his services as well.
(b) His family needs him.
(c) He cannot stand the poverty.
(d) He works for the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)