|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
2. Why does Kali warn Rukmani to not let her daughter start walking so early?
(a) Her arms won't properly develop.
(b) She will get into far too much trouble.
(c) Her balance won't properly develop.
(d) Her legs will bend in.
3. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
4. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(c) Fresh soil.
(d) Leaves for the roof repairs.
5. In what month is Ira married?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. Whose hut is completely destroyed by the monsoon?
3. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
4. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)