|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Invites them to work.
(b) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(c) Tells the villagers to go home.
(d) Requests food and drink for his men.
2. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They help their mother with household chores.
(b) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
(c) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(d) They spend their time in the local tavern.
3. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
(a) They strike.
(b) They stage a sit-in.
(c) They burn the tannery.
(d) They work for free.
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She has one arm.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is bald.
5. Who does Rukmani try to sell her clothing to in order to raise enough money for rent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ira when she is given in marriage?
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
3. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
4. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
5. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)