|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
(a) He does not want to share his resources with her.
(b) He is not in the village.
(c) He does not have enough food for himself.
(d) He is helping feed the tannery workers.
2. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) He works for the government.
(b) The other villages require his services as well.
(c) He cannot stand the poverty.
(d) His family needs him.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) He is leaving the village.
(b) His brother has been killed.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
4. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are good luck.
(b) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(c) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(d) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Tells the villagers to go home.
(c) Requests food and drink for his men.
(d) Invites them to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
2. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
3. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
5. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)