|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the villagers learn that Rukmani can write, there are mixed reactions. Which one of the villagers marvels at Rukmani's writing skill?
2. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Seventy kilometers.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
(a) She picks and cooks twigs and berries.
(b) She works for Kenny.
(c) She turns to prostitution.
(d) She draws upon her secret hoard.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
(a) He delivers a baby by Caesarean section.
(b) He visits Rukmani's home.
(c) He hires Nathan as an assistant.
(d) He builds a house in the village.
5. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the masonry building.
(b) In the tannery's new building.
(c) In the tea plantation.
(d) In the village market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
2. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
3. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
4. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
5. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)