|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(b) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(c) Cobras are good luck.
(d) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
2. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
(a) Nathan cannot afford to keep feeding his sons.
(b) They are men now and have made their decision.
(c) They have been nothing but trouble since starting work at the tannery.
(d) They are paying Nathan to let them go.
3. What does Rukmani do when she finds the creature in her garden?
(a) She kills it.
(b) She touches it.
(c) She feeds it.
(d) She writes about it.
4. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the village market.
(b) In the masonry building.
(c) In the tannery's new building.
(d) In the tea plantation.
5. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They receive longer breaks.
(b) They receive higher wages.
(c) They lose their jobs.
(d) They are promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
2. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
3. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
4. As Rukmani's family is waiting for the next harvest, even the fish becomes depleted. What does Rukmani do to feed her family?
5. What does Rukmani find while tending her small garden?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)