|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) His family needs him.
(b) He works for the government.
(c) The other villages require his services as well.
(d) He cannot stand the poverty.
2. After learning that Nathan killed a cobra, Kali disagrees with his action. Why?
(a) Cobras are territorial and now many more will come to the garden.
(b) Kali believes that cobras are sacred.
(c) Kali belives that killed cobras are reincarnated as evil people.
(d) Cobras are good luck.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(b) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(c) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(d) She understands, but refuses to listen.
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
(a) 4 ollocks.
(b) 10 ollocks.
(c) 20 ollocks.
(d) 6 ollocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
2. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
3. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
4. As the waters rise from the monsoon rains, what does Nathan admit to his family?
5. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)