|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what does Kenny do for the first time?
(a) He builds a house in the village.
(b) He visits Rukmani's home.
(c) He hires Nathan as an assistant.
(d) He delivers a baby by Caesarean section.
3. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is a tannery official.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a brick layer.
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
5. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) One day.
(b) Fifteen hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
2. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
3. In order to pay their rent, what is Rukmani forced to sell?
4. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
5. Whose child does Rukmani help birth?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)