|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(b) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(c) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(d) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) His brother has been killed.
(b) He is leaving the village.
(c) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(d) He is getting married.
3. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
4. After the monsoon, what does the family gather when they drain the rice terraces?
(a) Fresh soil.
(d) Leaves for the roof repairs.
5. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are the mediators.
(b) They are just workers.
(c) They are the officials' spokesmen.
(d) They are the workers' spokesmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenny not help Rukmani when ask. him for food during the drought?
2. How do Nathan and Rukmani raise the rent money they must pay?
3. What do Nathan and Rukmani name their daughter?
4. How does Nathan characterize Rukmani?
5. In what month is Ira married?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)