|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They help their mother with household chores.
(b) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(c) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(d) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
2. How long is Rukmani away from the house while helping the woman in labor?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Fifteen hours.
3. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
(a) When Nathan needs to visit the doctor.
(b) When there is no work to do on the farm.
(c) When Rukmani asks him to come with her.
(d) When Nathan has business to conduct.
4. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
(a) They spend it in the local tavern.
(b) They save their wages for Ira's dowry.
(c) They waste it gambling.
(d) The give their wages to Rukmani.
5. Chapter 13 opens by describing an unwelcome event at the farm. What is happening?
(a) The neighbors are stealing.
(b) The workers are striking.
(c) The rains are not coming.
(d) The children are rebelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
2. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
4. What is the roof on Nathan's hut made from?
5. Who helps Rukmani when she is in childbirth and then while she recovers from the delivery?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)