|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are some people surprised when they look at Nathan and Rukmani's daughter?
(a) She is bald.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) She has one arm.
(d) She is beautiful.
2. Why does Kunthi come Rukmani's house during the drought?
(a) She demands some of Rukmani's rice.
(b) She is selling some of her clothing for food.
(c) She is afraid for her sons in Ceylon.
(d) She is lonely and needs an old friend.
3. How much money is in Ira's dowry?
(a) Three hundred rupees.
(b) One thousand rupees.
(c) Fifty rupees.
(d) One hundred rupees.
4. Which one of the villagers is scornful of Rukmani's writing skills?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) His brother has been killed.
(b) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He is leaving the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
2. Right after the monsoons end, Rukmani and Nathan venture into town to purchase rice for the family. Why do they return empty handed?
3. Who comes to the farm to collect the rent?
4. Who teaches Rukmani to read and write?
5. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)