Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
2. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are the mediators.
(b) They are just workers.
(c) They are the officials' spokesmen.
(d) They are the workers' spokesmen.
3. How old is their daughter before Nathan finally starts taking an interest in her?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twelve weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten months.
4. What does Ira wear on her wedding day?
(a) A red flower lei.
(b) Rukmani's purple sari.
(c) A strand of mango leaves.
(d) Rukmani's red sari.
5. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) He cannot stand the poverty.
(b) The other villages require his services as well.
(c) His family needs him.
(d) He works for the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the drought, Rukmani takes the food she has available and then divides their food into serving portions. How many days' worth of food do they have?
2. While trying to raise money for the rent, how much money does Rukmani sell her clothing for?
3. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
4. As the drought continues, how much food is available for the family when Rukmani first measures it?
5. Why does Rukmani stay until her friend's baby is delivered?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)