|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They help their mother with household chores.
(b) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
(c) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(d) They work with Nathan in the fields.
3. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
4. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
(c) That he is married to another woman.
(d) That he doesn't want them.
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
2. Where is Old Granny's body found?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
4. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
5. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)