|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
(a) They waste it gambling.
(b) They save their wages for Ira's dowry.
(c) They spend it in the local tavern.
(d) The give their wages to Rukmani.
3. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twenty-seven months.
(c) Ten months.
(d) One year.
4. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are the workers' spokesmen.
(b) They are just workers.
(c) They are the mediators.
(d) They are the officials' spokesmen.
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
2. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
5. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)