|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
2. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A scared little girl.
(b) A backward child.
(c) An ignorant woman.
(d) A village girl.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(c) He is leaving the village.
(d) His brother has been killed.
4. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
(a) They work for free.
(b) They stage a sit-in.
(c) They strike.
(d) They burn the tannery.
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
3. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
4. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
5. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)