|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(c) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(d) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
2. What does Old Granny die from?
(c) A fall.
(d) A beating .
3. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a tannery official.
(b) He is a brick layer.
(c) He is a servant.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
5. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
2. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
3. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
5. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)