|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A village girl.
(b) A backward child.
(c) An ignorant woman.
(d) A scared little girl.
2. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In the rice paddy.
(b) In the street.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the temple.
3. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) Milk and vegetables.
(c) Rice and vegetables.
(d) Butter and rice.
4. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(b) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(c) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(d) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
5. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
2. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
3. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
4. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
5. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)