|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) A village girl.
(b) A backward child.
(c) An ignorant woman.
(d) A scared little girl.
2. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
3. What does Old Granny die from?
(b) A fall.
(c) A beating .
4. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
5. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(c) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(d) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
2. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
3. Where is Old Granny's body found?
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)