|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(b) The men spent their money lavishly.
(c) The village is once again too quiet.
(d) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
2. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five weeks.
3. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
(a) Wheat and barley.
(b) Milk and vegetables.
(c) Butter and rice.
(d) Rice and vegetables.
4. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
2. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
3. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
4. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
5. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)