|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
(a) Three years.
(b) Twenty-seven months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten months.
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
(a) They waste it gambling.
(b) They save their wages for Ira's dowry.
(c) The give their wages to Rukmani.
(d) They spend it in the local tavern.
3. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
(b) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(c) They help their mother with household chores.
(d) They work with Nathan in the fields.
4. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(b) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(c) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(d) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
5. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
(a) The working conditions they will see.
(b) The perils they will face on their journey.
(c) That they will marry without her blessing.
(d) Never seeing her sons again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
2. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
4. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
5. What does Old Granny die from?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)