|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
(a) The hospital will be a blessing. You'll see.
(b) Selvam is a wonderful help to me.
(c) It will be done soon.
(d) I will find a way.
2. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(b) Nathan falls ill.
(c) Nathan quits farming.
(d) Nathan works at the tannery.
3. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
4. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
(a) He is a tannery official.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a brick layer.
(d) He is a servant.
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
2. Where is Old Granny's body found?
3. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
4. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
5. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)