|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They receive higher wages.
(b) They receive longer breaks.
(c) They lose their jobs.
(d) They are promoted.
2. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
(a) Twenty-nine months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Seven months.
3. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(b) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(c) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(d) She understands, but refuses to listen.
4. What does Old Granny die from?
(b) A beating .
(c) A fall.
5. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(c) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(d) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
3. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
4. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
5. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)