|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) The other villages require his services as well.
(b) He cannot stand the poverty.
(c) He works for the government.
(d) His family needs him.
2. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Twenty-nine months.
3. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
(c) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(d) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
4. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
(b) They help their mother with household chores.
(c) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(d) They spend their time in the local tavern.
5. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(b) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(c) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(d) She understands, but refuses to listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
3. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
4. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
5. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)