|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) His family needs him.
(b) He works for the government.
(c) He cannot stand the poverty.
(d) The other villages require his services as well.
2. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(b) They help their mother with household chores.
(c) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(d) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
3. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
(a) Butter and rice.
(b) Wheat and barley.
(c) Rice and vegetables.
(d) Milk and vegetables.
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) An inn.
(b) A tannery.
(c) A graveyard.
(d) A temple.
5. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
2. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
3. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
4. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
5. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)