|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Twenty-nine months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seven months.
2. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They are promoted.
(b) They receive longer breaks.
(c) They lose their jobs.
(d) They receive higher wages.
3. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(b) The rent is being increased.
(c) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
(d) The land is being sold.
4. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
(a) The hospital will be a blessing. You'll see.
(b) I will find a way.
(c) Selvam is a wonderful help to me.
(d) It will be done soon.
5. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) An ignorant woman.
(b) A backward child.
(c) A village girl.
(d) A scared little girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
2. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
3. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
4. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
5. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)