|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(b) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(c) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(d) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
2. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
3. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
4. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
5. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are just workers.
(b) They are the officials' spokesmen.
(c) They are the workers' spokesmen.
(d) They are the mediators.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
2. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
3. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
4. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
5. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)