|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rukmani see as a positive result of the foreigners returning to the village?
(a) Ira will have many options when choosing a husband.
(b) The increased traffic in the village will lead to road improvements.
(c) The new business will create jobs to combat the high unemployment rate.
(d) She can build Ira's dowry much quicker.
2. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Twenty-seven months.
(d) One year.
3. What does Old Granny die from?
(a) A beating .
(c) A fall.
4. As a result of the new company moving into the village, which of the women now has a plan for her sons, as she realizes that the land cannot support all the men farming?
5. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
2. Which of the women is thrilled that the village has gone from being a simple group of mud huts to a small town?
3. During the construction of the hospital, what becomes Kenny's most frequent saying?
4. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
5. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)