|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rukmani complains to the other women about the village's expansion and its resulting noise, Kunthi insults her. What does Kunthi call Rukmani?
(a) An ignorant woman.
(b) A scared little girl.
(c) A backward child.
(d) A village girl.
2. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he is married to another woman.
(c) That he doesn't want them.
(d) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
3. Where is Old Granny's body found?
(a) In the street.
(b) In the temple.
(c) In her home.
(d) In the rice paddy.
4. In Chapter 4, what is being built in the village?
(a) A temple.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) An inn.
(d) A tannery.
5. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
(a) The new crop will be wheat, not rice.
(b) The rent is being increased.
(c) The land is being sold.
(d) The landowner is coming to the village himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that most of the troubles at the tannery--and indeed in the world--are a result of the education learned through books?
2. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
3. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
5. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)