|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(b) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(c) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
(d) She understands, but refuses to listen.
2. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
(a) That he is married to another woman.
(b) That he doesn't want them.
(c) That he is away and will come to them when he can.
(d) That he is dead.
3. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Tells the villagers to go home.
(c) Requests food and drink for his men.
(d) Invites them to work.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) He is getting married.
(b) His brother has been killed.
(c) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(d) He is leaving the village.
5. Why does Kenny not remain in the village for long periods of time?
(a) The other villages require his services as well.
(b) He works for the government.
(c) He cannot stand the poverty.
(d) His family needs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
2. Where is Old Granny's body found?
3. When Arjun and Thambi leave for Ceylon, what is Rukmani afraid of?
4. In Chapter 12, Rukmani also learns that Selvam is leaving the village. What is his new job?
5. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)