|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Tells the villagers to go home.
(b) Invites them to work.
(c) Requests food and drink for his men.
(d) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
2. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
(a) They have been nothing but trouble since starting work at the tannery.
(b) Nathan cannot afford to keep feeding his sons.
(c) They are men now and have made their decision.
(d) They are paying Nathan to let them go.
3. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
(a) They are the mediators.
(b) They are just workers.
(c) They are the workers' spokesmen.
(d) They are the officials' spokesmen.
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) One year.
5. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan quits farming.
(b) Nathan works at the tannery.
(c) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(d) Nathan falls ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it actually take to complete the hospital?
2. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
3. According to Kenny's plan, how long should it take to build the hospital?
4. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
5. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)