|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly after Sacrabani's birth, something happens to Nathan for the first time. What is it?
(a) Nathan leaves Rukmani.
(b) Nathan quits farming.
(c) Nathan falls ill.
(d) Nathan works at the tannery.
2. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
3. When the construction workers leave the village, some of the villagers are disappointed. Why?
(a) The villagers liked the excitement the men brought with them.
(b) The men told great stories about foreign lands.
(c) The village is once again too quiet.
(d) The men spent their money lavishly.
4. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
5. Arjun and Thambi leave the village to work in Ceylon. Where are they working?
(a) In the tea plantation.
(b) In the village market.
(c) In the tannery's new building.
(d) In the masonry building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far have the construction workers traveled to reach the village?
2. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
3. What does Ira tell Sacrabani about his father?
4. Who helps Selvam obtain his new position?
5. Why does Nathan accept the decision of his sons to leave for Ceylon?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)