|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
(a) His brother has been killed.
(b) Hundreds of strange men have come into the village.
(c) He is leaving the village.
(d) He is getting married.
2. What do Nathan's sons do on their one day off from the tannery each week?
(a) They spend their time in the local tavern.
(b) They help their mother with household chores.
(c) They work with Nathan in the fields.
(d) They travel to the nearby village to see their friends.
3. What does Kenny recommend that Nathan needs to eat when he is ill in order to regain his strength?
(a) Rice and vegetables.
(b) Milk and vegetables.
(c) Butter and rice.
(d) Wheat and barley.
4. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
(a) They work for free.
(b) They burn the tannery.
(c) They stage a sit-in.
(d) They strike.
5. When does Nathan accompany Rukmani into the village?
(a) When Nathan needs to visit the doctor.
(b) When there is no work to do on the farm.
(c) When Rukmani asks him to come with her.
(d) When Nathan has business to conduct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
2. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
3. Who, besides his mother, accepts Sacrabani unconditionally?
4. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
5. Which of Rukmani's sons marries of his own accord?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)