|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 21, 22 and 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Arjun and Thambi do with their wages each week?
(a) The give their wages to Rukmani.
(b) They spend it in the local tavern.
(c) They save their wages for Ira's dowry.
(d) They waste it gambling.
2. Which of the women wishes that the new company's workers will simply go away for good?
3. What is the result of the strike for Arjun and Thambi?
(a) They receive longer breaks.
(b) They receive higher wages.
(c) They lose their jobs.
(d) They are promoted.
4. After the villagers watch the construction workers for a while, what does the overseer do?
(a) Thanks the villagers for being so welcoming.
(b) Tells the villagers to go home.
(c) Invites them to work.
(d) Requests food and drink for his men.
5. When her parents restrict her freedom, what is Ira's reaction?
(a) She is confused, but doesn't complain.
(b) She sneaks into the village when her parents are in the fields.
(c) She understands, but refuses to listen.
(d) She complains to her parents, but stays near the hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the construction workers to build the new establishment in Nathan's village?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what news does Arjun bring to the family?
3. What role do Rukmani's sons play in the tannery trouble?
4. In Chapter 23, Sivaji returns to the farm. What news does he bring to Nathan and Rukmani?
5. In Chapter 12, the workers do something unexpected. What is it?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)