1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Moving back to the city.
(b) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(c) Nathan being with her.
(d) Seeing her new grandchildren.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
(b) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
(c) Nathan lives in the same town.
(d) Nathan requires no dowry.
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(d) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
6. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He soothes her.
(b) He returns to her parents' home.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He yells at her.
This section contains 4,968 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)