Part 1, Chapter 1
1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(b) Moving back to the city.
(c) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(d) Nathan being with her.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan lives in the same town.
(b) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
(c) Nathan requires no dowry.
(d) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
(b) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(c) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(d) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
6. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He returns to her parents' home.
(b) He soothes her.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He ignores her.
This section contains 4,968 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)