Part 1, Chapter 1
1. As the story opens, what is Rukmani dreaming of?
(a) Ira's upcoming wedding.
(b) Seeing her new grandchildren.
(c) Nathan being with her.
(d) Moving back to the city.
2. How many older sisters does Rukmani have?
3. How old is Rukmani when she marries Nathan?
4. Why do Rukmani's parents arrange her marriage to Nathan?
(a) Nathan requires no dowry.
(b) Nathan is a member of the ruling class.
(c) Nathan lives in the same town.
(d) Rukmani is in love with Nathan.
5. Why is Rukmani's mother upset with the choice of Nathan as Rukmani's husband?
(a) She does not want to let Rukmani go.
(b) She knows that Nathan is beneath them.
(c) She feels Rukmani is too young for marriage.
(d) She feels Nathan is an angry man.
6. When Rukmani becomes sick as she leaves her parents' home, what is her new husband's reaction?
(a) He returns to her parents' home.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He soothes her.
(d) He ignores her.
This section contains 4,968 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)