|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
2. In Scene 10, what does Azra say she is waiting for?
3. What does Zlata say she doesn't like anymore since the war?
4. What did J.S. want to do when she was younger?
5. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jelena get a black eye?
2. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
3. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
4. How does Scene 10 open?
5. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
6. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
7. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
8. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
9. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
10. What happened to Zlata's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler makes use of theatrical conventions in this drama.
Essay Topic 3
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)