|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
3. What designer nightgown is J.S. wearing in Scene 8?
4. Where did the beauty product come from?
5. What does Zlata tell J.S. she was for them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
2. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
3. Why is J.S. scratching?
4. How does Scene 10 open?
5. What happened to Zlata's parents?
6. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
7. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
8. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
9. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
10. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using what you learned about the genres of theater, categorize "Necessary Targets" as a tragedy or comedy.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)