|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. What actually happened to Doona?
3. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
4. Which of these is not something Azra says she wants to do with her cow?
5. Where did the beauty product come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
2. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
3. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
4. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
5. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
6. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
7. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
8. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
9. Why is J.S. scratching?
10. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)