|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
2. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
3. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
4. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
5. Where did the beauty product come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
2. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
3. How does Scene 10 open?
4. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
5. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
6. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
7. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
8. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
9. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
10. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the effect the trip to Bosnia has on Melissa vs. the effect it has on J.S. Please be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which these women are healed by one another.
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)