|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
2. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
3. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
4. Where did the beauty product come from?
5. What does Melissa begin doing again when she comes into the room in Scene 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jelena get a black eye?
2. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
3. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
4. What happened to Zlata's parents?
5. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
6. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
7. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
8. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
9. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
10. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)