|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
2. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
3. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
4. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
5. Who is applying the beauty product?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
2. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
3. Why is J.S. scratching?
4. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
5. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
6. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
7. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
8. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
9. How does Scene 10 open?
10. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which these women are healed by one another.
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)