|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nuna remember about her Daddy?
2. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
3. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
4. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
5. Where did the beauty product come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
2. How does Scene 10 end?
3. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
4. Why is J.S. scratching?
5. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
6. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
7. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
8. How does Scene 10 open?
9. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
10. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)