|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
2. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
3. In Scene 15, where is Melissa going next?
4. What symptom did Melissa used to have?
5. Of what does J.S. accuse Melissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
2. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
3. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
4. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
5. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
6. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
7. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
8. How did Jelena get a black eye?
9. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
10. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using what you learned about the genres of theater, categorize "Necessary Targets" as a tragedy or comedy.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)