|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
2. What actually happened to Doona?
3. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
4. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
5. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
3. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
4. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
5. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
6. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
7. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
8. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
9. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
10. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)