|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
2. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
3. What does J.S. sing to the women?
4. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
5. What happened to Zlata's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Ensler's setting both the opening and closing scenes in J.S.'s apartment?
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler portrays the emotional transformation of J.S. through physical action.
Essay Topic 3
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)