|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
2. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
3. Which of the women has a black eye in Scene 13?
4. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
5. Which composer was J.S. named for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
2. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
3. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
4. How does Scene 10 open?
5. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
6. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
7. Why is J.S. scratching?
8. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
9. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
10. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler makes use of theatrical conventions in this drama.
Essay Topic 3
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)