|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Azra's cow?
2. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
3. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
4. Who approaches Seada outside and frightens her?
5. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
3. Why is J.S. scratching?
4. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
5. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
6. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
7. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
8. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
9. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
10. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ensler use music in this drama?
Essay Topic 2
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)