|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melissa begin doing again when she comes into the room in Scene 15?
2. Which composer was J.S. named for?
3. What hospital unit did Zlata head before the war?
4. Of what does J.S. accuse Melissa?
5. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
3. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
4. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
5. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
6. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
7. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
8. Why is J.S. scratching?
9. How did Jelena get a black eye?
10. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler portrays the emotional transformation of J.S. through physical action.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which these women are healed by one another.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)