|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
2. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
3. Which composer was J.S. named for?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
5. Who is applying the beauty product?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
2. How did Jelena get a black eye?
3. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
4. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
5. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
6. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
7. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
8. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
9. How does Scene 10 end?
10. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the effect the trip to Bosnia has on Melissa vs. the effect it has on J.S. Please be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
Please discuss the importance of coffee to the play's action and characters.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)