|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
2. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
3. Which of these is not something Azra says she wants to do with her cow?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is making coffee?
5. What illness does Zlata tell J.S. she has?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scene 10 end?
2. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
3. Why is J.S. scratching?
4. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
5. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
6. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
7. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
8. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
9. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
10. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please discuss the importance of coffee to the play's action and characters.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the effect the trip to Bosnia has on Melissa vs. the effect it has on J.S. Please be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)