|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
2. What does J.S. notice about the ointment?
3. What beauty product are the women using in Scene 10?
4. What is it that J.S. tells Azra she wouldn't forget about her?
5. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
2. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
3. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
4. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
5. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
6. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
7. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
8. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
9. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
10. What happened to Zlata's parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)