|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
2. Who is sleeping in J.S.'s bed as Scene 9 opens?
3. What designer nightgown is J.S. wearing in Scene 8?
4. What actually happened to Doona?
5. What does Melissa say is not her verb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
2. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
3. How does Scene 10 end?
4. How does Scene 10 open?
5. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
6. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
7. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
8. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
9. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
10. Why is J.S. scratching?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)