|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melissa say everything is about for J.S.?
2. Of what does J.S. accuse Melissa?
3. What physical symptom of Seada's did the soldiers make fun of?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
5. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
3. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
4. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
5. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
6. How does Scene 10 end?
7. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
8. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
9. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
10. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)