|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
2. Which composer was J.S. named for?
3. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
4. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
5. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
2. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
3. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
4. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
5. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
6. How did Jelena get a black eye?
7. Why is J.S. scratching?
8. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
9. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
10. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Using what you learned about the genres of theater, categorize "Necessary Targets" as a tragedy or comedy.
Essay Topic 3
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)