|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What symptom did Melissa used to have?
2. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
3. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
4. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
5. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is J.S. scratching?
2. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
3. How does Scene 10 end?
4. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
5. What happened to Zlata's parents?
6. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
7. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
8. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
9. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
10. How did Jelena get a black eye?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)