|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not something Melissa advises J.S. to have with her?
2. What does Melissa offer to do for J.S. in Scene 2?
3. What does the nighttime visitor call J.S.?
4. What does Melissa call J.S.'s question?
5. What does J.S. do in Scene 2 to signal she will stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. feel after the first session with the women?
2. How does Scene 6 begin?
3. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
4. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
5. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
6. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
7. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
8. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
9. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
10. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
Using what you learned about the genres of theater, categorize "Necessary Targets" as a tragedy or comedy.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)