|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What detail of her shoes does Melissa particularly like?
2. What does J.S. offer Melissa to eat?
3. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
4. What is Melissa doing during Scene 6?
5. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
2. How does J.S. introduce herself?
3. How does Nuna react to being asked to start at the women's meeting in Scene 3?
4. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
5. How does Scene 6 begin?
6. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
7. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
8. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
9. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
10. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler makes use of theatrical conventions in this drama.
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 3
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)