|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store does Melissa suggest packed J.S.'s suitcase?
2. What is Melissa drinking during Scene 1?
3. Which of these is not something Melissa advises J.S. to have with her?
4. With what was Azra photographed many times?
5. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
2. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
3. How does Nuna react to being asked to start at the women's meeting in Scene 3?
4. Describe the opening scene.
5. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
6. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
7. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
8. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
9. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
10. How does J.S. introduce herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler portrays the emotional transformation of J.S. through physical action.
Essay Topic 2
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which these women are healed by one another.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)