|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.S. say the showers were used for?
2. From what village is Azra?
3. What does J.S. call Melissa?
4. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
5. Who ate all of Azra's flowers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
2. What does J.S. say about Zlata in Scene 17?
3. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
4. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
5. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
6. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
7. Why is J.S. scratching?
8. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
9. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
10. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler portrays the emotional transformation of J.S. through physical action.
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)