|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
2. What does Jelena say sex is better than?
3. What does J.S. do in Scene 2 to signal she will stay?
4. What was the name of Azra's dog?
5. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
2. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
3. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
4. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
5. How does Melissa see the first meeting as having gone?
6. What is the reason for J.S.'s upcoming trip?
7. What does Melissa reveal about her resume?
8. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
9. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
10. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)