|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
2. J.S. was told that Melissa practiced which profession?
3. What is Jelena's lover's name?
4. What were J.S.'s books about?
5. What does Azra tell Jelena are friendly and simple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final image of this play?
2. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
3. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
4. How does Scene 6 begin?
5. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
6. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
7. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
8. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
9. Why does J.S. say she was unhappy?
10. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
Essay Topic 3
In the scene by the river, Melissa asks the women what they are all waiting for. Please choose three of the refugees and explain what they are waiting for and how those things connect them to one another.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)