|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
2. What does Melissa say she needs her shoes to be?
3. What does J.S. say the hotel would give them?
4. How is Melissa different than J.S. anticipated?
5. How does Melissa predict the women would react to their moving to a hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
2. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
3. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
4. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
5. How does Melissa see the first meeting as having gone?
6. How does J.S. introduce herself?
7. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
8. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
9. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
10. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please discuss the importance of coffee to the play's action and characters.
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)