|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Zlata say they have had bad experiences?
2. What is Melissa doing during Scene 6?
3. What does Seada say the baby smells like?
4. What is J.S. doing at the start of Scene 4?
5. What does Azra tell Jelena are friendly and simple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for J.S.'s upcoming trip?
2. What does Melissa reveal about her resume?
3. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
4. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
5. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
6. How do Melissa's shoes become part of the conversation?
7. How does J.S. introduce herself?
8. How does Nuna react to being asked to start at the women's meeting in Scene 3?
9. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
10. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
Compare the effect the trip to Bosnia has on Melissa vs. the effect it has on J.S. Please be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)