|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Jelena's lover always eager to do when he was young?
2. In what country does Melissa admit she was afraid?
3. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
4. What were J.S.'s books about?
5. What does Jelena say sex is better than?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nuna react to being asked to start at the women's meeting in Scene 3?
2. Describe the opening scene.
3. How do Melissa's shoes become part of the conversation?
4. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
5. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
6. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
7. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
8. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
9. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
10. How does Scene 6 begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)