|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs J.S. in the dark in Scene 6?
2. With what does J.S. ask Melissa if she has a problem?
3. What brand of shoes is Melissa wearing?
4. J.S. was told that Melissa practiced which profession?
5. What does the nighttime visitor want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
2. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
3. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
4. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
5. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
6. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
7. How do Melissa's shoes become part of the conversation?
8. What is Melissa's background?
9. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
10. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
Essay Topic 2
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
Essay Topic 3
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)