|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Seada holding?
2. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
3. What is Jelena's lover's name?
4. What were J.S.'s books about?
5. What is Melissa's reaction to J.S.'s observation about the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
2. How does J.S. feel after the first session with the women?
3. How does Melissa see the first meeting as having gone?
4. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
5. How does J.S. introduce herself?
6. Describe the setting of Scene 17 as it opens.
7. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
8. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
9. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
10. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
Essay Topic 1
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)