|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is J.S.'s occupation?
2. What other animal did Azra have?
3. What does J.S. do in Scene 2 to signal she will stay?
4. What does Nuna assume about America?
5. Which of the women introduces the others?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
2. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
3. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
4. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
5. How does Nuna react to being asked to start at the women's meeting in Scene 3?
6. How does J.S. introduce herself?
7. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
8. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
9. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
10. How does Scene 6 begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of Ensler's setting both the opening and closing scenes in J.S.'s apartment?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)