|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things does Azra not ask J.S. to get for her in Scene 3?
2. What is Melissa trained as?
3. What does Jelena call being called "traumatized war victims"?
4. What does Azra tell Jelena are friendly and simple?
5. In what country does Scene 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
2. What does Melissa reveal about her resume?
3. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
4. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
5. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
6. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
7. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
8. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
9. What is Melissa's background?
10. How does J.S. introduce herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler makes use of theatrical conventions in this drama.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the effect the trip to Bosnia has on Melissa vs. the effect it has on J.S. Please be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)