|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nuna assume about America?
2. What does Melissa call J.S.'s question?
3. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
4. What is the last line of Scene 2?
5. How is Melissa different than J.S. anticipated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
2. How does J.S. feel after the first session with the women?
3. What is Melissa's background?
4. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
5. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
6. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
7. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
8. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
9. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
10. Describe the opening scene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)