|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what condition is Azra suffering?
2. What were J.S.'s books about?
3. Which woman tells Melissa she doesn't want to be recorded?
4. What was the name of Azra's dog?
5. What does Seada say the baby smells like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
2. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
3. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
4. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
5. How do Melissa's shoes become part of the conversation?
6. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
7. How does Nuna react to being asked to start at the women's meeting in Scene 3?
8. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
9. How does J.S. feel after the first session with the women?
10. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Ensler's setting both the opening and closing scenes in J.S.'s apartment?
Essay Topic 2
Compare J.S.'s character in the opening scene with the J.S. who returns home; use at least three specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)