|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not something Jelena mentioned receiving as a gift from her lover?
2. What character trait does J.S. say she has that produced her packing method?
3. With whom does Zlata say they have had bad experiences?
4. What is Melissa doing when J.S. enters Scene 2?
5. What piece of furniture of J.S.'s does Melissa compliment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. feel after the first session with the women?
2. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
3. How do Melissa's shoes become part of the conversation?
4. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
5. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
6. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
7. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
8. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
9. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
10. How does Scene 6 begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 3
Please choose at least three examples and discuss the way violence is portrayed in "Necessary Targets."
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)