|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.S. tell Melissa are in the bathroom?
2. What does Azra say she had instead of sex?
3. What is Seada holding?
4. What is J.S.'s occupation?
5. What is Melissa's latest project?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
2. Describe the opening scene.
3. What is the reason for J.S.'s upcoming trip?
4. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
5. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
6. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
7. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
8. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
9. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
10. How does Scene 6 begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Ensler's setting both the opening and closing scenes in J.S.'s apartment?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 3
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)