|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What detail of her shoes does Melissa particularly like?
2. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
3. J.S. was told that Melissa practiced which profession?
4. Which woman tells Melissa she doesn't want to be recorded?
5. With what was Azra photographed many times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
2. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
3. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
4. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
5. How does Scene 6 begin?
6. Describe the opening scene.
7. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
8. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
9. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
10. How does J.S. introduce herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
Essay Topic 2
Please explain how Melissa is a foil to J.S. Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler portrays the emotional transformation of J.S. through physical action.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)