|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Melissa doing when J.S. enters Scene 2?
2. What does Jelena call being called "traumatized war victims"?
3. What is Seada holding?
4. What does Seada say the baby smells like?
5. In Scene 4, what does Azra say everyone is now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melissa's background?
2. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
3. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
4. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
5. How does Scene 6 begin?
6. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
7. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
8. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
9. What is the reason for J.S.'s upcoming trip?
10. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using what you learned about the genres of theater, categorize "Necessary Targets" as a tragedy or comedy.
Essay Topic 2
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)