|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last line of Scene 2?
2. What was Jelena's lover always eager to do when he was young?
3. What kind of building are J.S. and Melissa in during Scene 2?
4. With whom does Zlata say they have had bad experiences?
5. Which of the women does J.S. ask to begin in Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
2. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
3. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
4. How does Scene 10 end?
5. How does Scene 6 begin?
6. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
7. Why is J.S. scratching?
8. Why does J.S. say she was unhappy?
9. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
10. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
Essay Topic 1
Choose any three of Aristotle's 6 elements of theater and discuss their use in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
How does Ensler use masks, both physical and emotional, to advance the theme of pretense in this play?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)