Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nighttime visitor want?
2. Which of these does J.S. not say she needs?
3. What does Jelena say Azra needs a man for?
4. With whom does Zlata say they have had bad experiences?
5. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
2. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
3. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
4. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
5. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
6. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
7. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
8. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
9. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
10. What does Melissa reveal about her resume?
Essay Topic 1
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Using what you learned about the genres of theater, categorize "Necessary Targets" as a tragedy or comedy.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain how Melissa is a foil to J.S. Be specific.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)