|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of furniture of J.S.'s does Melissa compliment?
2. From what condition is Azra suffering?
3. What does J.S. say the showers were used for?
4. What does Jelena promise to get Azra when they return home?
5. What body part does Melissa say squatting is better for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scene 6 begin?
2. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
3. How does Melissa feel about comfort?
4. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
5. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
6. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
7. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
8. How does Melissa see the first meeting as having gone?
9. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
10. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Please explain how Melissa is a foil to J.S. Be specific.
Essay Topic 3
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)