|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women is a doctor?
2. What is Melissa trained as?
3. What body part does Melissa say squatting is better for?
4. What does Jelena promise to get Azra when they return home?
5. From what condition is Azra suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
2. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
3. Why does J.S. say she was unhappy?
4. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
5. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
6. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
7. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
8. Describe the opening scene.
9. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
10. How did Jelena get a black eye?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which these women are healed by one another.
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three examples, explain how Ensler portrays the emotional transformation of J.S. through physical action.
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the climax of this play and its significance.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)