|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
2. Who is listening to Azra and Jelena's conversation, unseen?
3. J.S. was told that Melissa practiced which profession?
4. What does the nighttime visitor call J.S.?
5. What is so remarkable about J.S.'s suitcase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
2. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
3. How does Scene 6 begin?
4. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
5. What is Melissa's background?
6. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
7. What is the reason for J.S.'s upcoming trip?
8. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
9. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
10. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ensler use the character of Zlata to embody the perennial "Us vs. Them" conflict?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Doona and what is her role in both the action and the theme of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the "Necessary Targets" of the play and how does the title connect to the text of the play?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)