|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
2. What brand of shoes is Melissa wearing?
3. J.S. was told that Melissa practiced which profession?
4. Which of these does J.S. not say she needs?
5. What does J.S. call Melissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
2. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
3. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
4. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
5. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
6. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
7. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
8. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
9. How does Melissa see the first meeting as having gone?
10. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the effect the trip to Bosnia has on Melissa vs. the effect it has on J.S. Please be specific.
Essay Topic 2
Using at least three specific examples, discuss the significance of the tape recorder in "Necessary Targets."
Essay Topic 3
In Scene 16, Zlata says, "We are dead--all of us--to the suffering." How is this quote representative of the message Ensler is trying to send through her work?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)