|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(a) Taking notes from her recorder.
(d) Reading a magazine.
2. What beauty product are the women using in Scene 10?
(b) Nail polish.
(c) Body lotion.
(d) A facial mask.
3. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
(a) That there is a baby.
(b) That they like Melissa.
(c) That there wasn't a war.
(d) That J.S. is Seada's mother.
4. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
(a) In a large hole.
(b) In bed.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) Sitting at the table.
5. What happened to Zlata's parents?
(a) They were hung.
(b) They were shot.
(c) Their heads were chopped off.
(d) They were burned alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not something Azra says she wants to do with her cow?
2. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
3. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
4. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
5. What does Melissa say everything is about for J.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
2. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
3. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
4. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
5. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
6. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
7. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
8. How does Scene 10 end?
9. Why is J.S. scratching?
10. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)