|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
2. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
3. What does Melissa say is not her verb?
4. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
(a) Her intensity.
(b) Her sensitivity.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her language skills.
5. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She drinks her coffee.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She turns off the recorder.
(d) She leaves the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
2. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is making coffee?
3. What designer nightgown is J.S. wearing in Scene 8?
4. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
5. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Zlata's parents?
2. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
3. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
4. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
5. How does Scene 10 open?
6. How does Scene 10 end?
7. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
8. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
9. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
10. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)