|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
(a) To go home.
(b) To write a best-seller about the women.
(c) To be her friend.
(d) To teach the women yoga to de-stress.
2. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
(a) Constant complainers.
(b) Constant gigglers.
(c) Constant apologizers.
(d) People who don't return things they've borrowed.
3. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
4. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The women's resistance.
(b) The heat.
(c) The recorder.
(d) The primitive conditions.
5. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
(a) That they like Melissa.
(b) That J.S. is Seada's mother.
(c) That there wasn't a war.
(d) That there is a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a place Zlata mentions as having been blown to pieces?
2. Which of the women has a story none of the others know?
3. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
4. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
5. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
2. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
3. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
4. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
5. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
6. Why is J.S. scratching?
7. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
8. How does Scene 10 end?
9. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
10. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)