|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a place Zlata mentions as having been blown to pieces?
2. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
3. In Scene 10, what does Azra say she is waiting for?
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) To be able to paint.
(d) To die.
4. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
5. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A care package.
(c) A letter.
(d) A visa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
2. What actually happened to Doona?
3. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
4. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
5. Of what does J.S. accuse Melissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
2. What happened to Zlata's parents?
3. Why is J.S. scratching?
4. How does Scene 10 end?
5. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
6. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
7. How does Scene 10 open?
8. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
9. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
10. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)