|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She turns off the recorder.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She drinks her coffee.
(d) She leaves the room.
2. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
(a) An armload of laundry.
(b) An empty pail.
(c) A pail full of milk.
(d) Her cat.
3. What illness does J.S. think she has?
(a) Poison ivy.
(c) Chicken pox.
4. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
(b) To be able to paint.
(c) Fresh fruit.
(d) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
5. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
(a) Constant complainers.
(b) Constant apologizers.
(c) Constant gigglers.
(d) People who don't return things they've borrowed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melissa say is not her verb?
2. What designer nightgown is J.S. wearing in Scene 8?
3. What does Zlata say she doesn't like anymore since the war?
4. Which woman asks J.S. why she doesn't like them?
5. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jelena get a black eye?
2. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
3. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
4. What does J.S. accuse Melissa of near the end of Scene 13?
5. Why is J.S. scratching?
6. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
7. What happened to Zlata's parents?
8. How does Scene 10 open?
9. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
10. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)