|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women was too hungover to get up?
2. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
3. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
4. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
(a) Her coffee cup.
(b) The tape recorder.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) An ashtray.
5. What does Zlata say she doesn't like anymore since the war?
(b) The rain.
(c) The night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does J.S. think she has?
2. Where did the beauty product come from?
3. What word does Nuna use that Zlata objects to?
4. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
5. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
2. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
3. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
4. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
5. How did Jelena get a black eye?
6. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
7. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
8. How does Scene 10 end?
9. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
10. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)