|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zlata tell J.S. she was for them?
(a) Their healing.
(b) Their change.
(c) Their knowledge.
(d) Their comfort.
2. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
(a) Her baby.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) A knife.
3. What does Zlata say she doesn't like anymore since the war?
(a) The rain.
(c) The night.
4. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
(a) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
(b) To be able to paint.
(d) Fresh fruit.
5. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 10, what does Azra say she is waiting for?
2. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
3. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
4. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
5. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
2. How does Scene 10 open?
3. Why is Azra in a hole in Scene 12?
4. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
5. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
6. Why is J.S. scratching?
7. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
8. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
9. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
10. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)