|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
(c) Blowing her nose.
(d) Talking into the tape recorder.
2. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
3. Which woman strips her clothes off while dancing?
4. What does J.S. sing to the women?
(a) A hymn.
(b) A madrigal.
(c) A nursery song.
(d) A Beatles tune.
5. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The recorder.
(b) The heat.
(c) The primitive conditions.
(d) The women's resistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a place Zlata mentions as having been blown to pieces?
2. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
3. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
5. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scene 10 end?
2. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
3. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
4. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
5. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
6. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
7. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
8. How did Jelena get a black eye?
9. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
10. What is Zlata's theory about how the war happened?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)