|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that J.S. tells Azra she wouldn't forget about her?
(a) Her voice.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her excellent cooking.
(d) Her talent for sewing.
2. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
(b) Old cheese.
(d) Wet dog.
3. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
4. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
5. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She drinks her coffee.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She turns off the recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which composer was J.S. named for?
2. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
3. What illness does Zlata tell J.S. she has?
4. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
5. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuna think J.S doesn't like them?
2. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
3. How did Melissa stop her horrible nightmares?
4. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
5. What significant compliment does Zlata give J.S. in Scene 16?
6. Describe the stage as it appears at the opening of Scene 7.
7. What is Melissa's feeling about the recorder in Scene 9?
8. What happened to Zlata's parents?
9. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
10. What actually happened to Seada's baby?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)