|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melissa say is not her verb?
2. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
(b) Talking into the tape recorder.
(d) Blowing her nose.
3. Which of these is not something Azra says she wants to do with her cow?
(a) Walk with her in the fields.
(b) Take a ride on her.
(c) Watch her feed on the grass.
(d) Rub her skin.
4. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
5. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
2. What illness does J.S. think she has?
3. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
5. In Scene 15, where is Melissa going next?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. describe Melissa?
2. How does Nuna feel about her mixed heritage?
3. Describe the Bosnia that Zlata remembers.
4. What is the argument about the alcohol in Scene 13?
5. What are the things that J.S. and Zlata say might drive them to violence?
6. Why does J.S. not sing anymore?
7. What is Seada doing at the start of Scene 14?
8. How does J.S. get Azra out of the hole?
9. How does J.S. calm Seada in Scene 14?
10. What is the significance of J.S. hearing Melissa vomit?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)