|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Melissa's reaction to J.S.'s observation about the bathroom?
(a) She makes a face.
(b) She screams.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She ignores her.
2. What does J.S. call her question?
(a) An innocent question.
(b) A shrink question.
(c) An honest question.
(d) A valid question.
3. Which of these things does Azra not ask J.S. to get for her in Scene 3?
(a) Her goats.
(b) Her salami.
(c) Her cow.
(d) Her cigarettes.
4. What body part does Melissa say squatting is better for?
(a) The colon.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The liver.
(d) The legs.
5. What piece of furniture of J.S.'s does Melissa compliment?
(a) A table.
(b) A cabinet.
(c) A chair.
(d) A sofa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman mentions no one ever took her picture?
2. Which of the women introduces the others?
3. Who is listening to Azra and Jelena's conversation, unseen?
4. What does the nighttime visitor want?
5. What character trait does J.S. say she has that produced her packing method?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
2. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
3. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
4. How does J.S. feel about going to a hotel?
5. Describe the opening scene.
6. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
7. Describe the setting of Scene 2.
8. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
9. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
10. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)