|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of building are J.S. and Melissa in during Scene 2?
(a) A barracks.
(b) A private home.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school.
2. Who is listening to Azra and Jelena's conversation, unseen?
3. What does the nighttime visitor want?
(a) To talk to J.S.
(b) To sleep with J.S.
(c) J.S.' pillow.
(d) A glass of water.
4. With what was Azra photographed many times?
(a) Her walking stick.
(b) Her pipe.
(c) Her dog.
(d) A scarf.
5. With what does J.S. ask Melissa if she has a problem?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 4, what does Azra say everyone is now?
2. Which of these is not something Jelena mentioned receiving as a gift from her lover?
3. What seemingly mundane question does J.S. ask of Melissa near the end of Scene 1?
4. Which of these is not something the women sarcastically say they've been discussing before the Americans arrived?
5. In what role is J.S. going abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the topic of the initial conversation between J.S. and Melissa in Scene 2?
2. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
3. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
4. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
5. What is Melissa's background?
6. What does Melissa reveal about her resume?
7. How does J.S. react to Seada in Scene 6?
8. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
9. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
10. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)