|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does J.S. offer Melissa to eat?
(a) Shrimp cocktail.
(c) Chicken-pesto wraps.
(d) Baked brie.
2. What does Melissa do at the end of the first scene?
(a) Spills her water.
(b) Knocks over a vase.
(c) Slips and falls.
(d) Drops her food.
3. Which of these does J.S. not say she needs?
(a) A bath.
(b) A place to sit to use the bathroom.
(c) Clean sheets.
4. What does J.S. say the showers were used for?
5. What character trait does J.S. say she has that produced her packing method?
(a) She is a Virgo.
(b) She loves to shop.
(c) She is a germophobe.
(d) She is organized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Azra's dog?
2. Which of these things does Azra not ask J.S. to get for her in Scene 3?
3. Which of these is not something the women sarcastically say they've been discussing before the Americans arrived?
4. What does Jelena promise to get Azra when they return home?
5. In what role is J.S. going abroad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
2. What is J.S.'s suitcase like?
3. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
4. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
5. What is Melissa's response to J.S.'s comment about her young age?
6. How does J.S. feel after the first session with the women?
7. Describe the opening scene.
8. How do Melissa's shoes become part of the conversation?
9. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
10. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)