|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women does J.S. ask to begin in Scene 3?
2. In what role is J.S. going abroad?
(a) An appointee of the president.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A representative of an international aid organization.
(d) A spy.
3. What item does Melissa take from J.S.'s suitcase?
(a) A sweater.
4. From what condition is Azra suffering?
(a) Acid reflux.
5. Who is listening to Azra and Jelena's conversation, unseen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jelena's lover's name?
2. What does J.S. say the showers were used for?
3. What is Melissa doing during Scene 6?
4. Which of the women is called "the gorgeous one"?
5. How does Jelena insist her lover is different?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
2. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
3. Why does Nuna come into the room in Scene 4?
4. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
5. Why doesn't Melissa eat the food J.S. offers her?
6. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
7. What is Jelena reminiscing about as Scene 5 opens?
8. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
9. How does Azra feel about Jelena's reminiscences?
10. Describe the opening scene.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)