|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nuna call being termed "traumatized war victims"?
(a) A life sentence.
(c) A judgment.
2. What is Melissa doing during Scene 6?
(a) She is out of the room.
(b) Taking notes.
(c) Watching quietly.
3. What does Nuna assume about America?
(a) That everyone drives an expensive car.
(b) That everyone is in therapy.
(c) That everyone graduates from college.
(d) That everyone has more than enough money.
4. Who grabs J.S. in the dark in Scene 6?
5. Which of these is not something the women sarcastically say they've been discussing before the Americans arrived?
(a) Their soap operas.
(b) Their facelifts.
(c) Their lingerie.
(d) Their dinner parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Seada holding?
2. What was the schedule that Melissa and J.S. devised for the women?
3. How is Melissa different than J.S. anticipated?
4. In what country does Melissa say the "psychiatrists were fleeing like flies"?
5. Which woman tells Melissa she doesn't want to be recorded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.S. answer Zlata's question, "What do you want with us?"
2. On what is Melissa writing her first book?
3. How does J.S. think staying at the barracks will affect her work?
4. What is it that Seada wants in Scene 6?
5. Why are the women so skeptical about J.S. and Melissa's intentions?
6. Why does Jelena want to get Azra a man at home?
7. How does Melissa feel about moving to a hotel?
8. How does J.S. introduce herself?
9. What happens after J.S. and Melissa laugh together?
10. How do the women react to being told J.S. and Melissa want to help?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)