|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
2. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
(c) Blowing her nose.
(d) Talking into the tape recorder.
3. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
(c) Eating disorders.
4. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
(a) Constant complainers.
(b) Constant apologizers.
(c) People who don't return things they've borrowed.
(d) Constant gigglers.
5. Where did the beauty product come from?
(d) The United States.
6. Who is sleeping in J.S.'s bed as Scene 9 opens?
(a) No one.
7. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
(a) To go home.
(b) To write a best-seller about the women.
(c) To be her friend.
(d) To teach the women yoga to de-stress.
8. What is the name of Azra's cow?
9. Who approaches Seada outside and frightens her?
10. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
(b) Old cheese.
(d) Wet dog.
11. What did J.S. quit 6 months ago?
12. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
(a) Her coffee cup.
(b) The tape recorder.
(c) An ashtray.
(d) Her notebook.
13. What happened to Zlata's parents?
(a) They were hung.
(b) They were shot.
(c) Their heads were chopped off.
(d) They were burned alive.
14. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Her own bed.
(d) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
15. Which of the women has a story none of the others know?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
2. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
3. What symptom did Melissa used to have?
4. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
5. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)