|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
2. What actually happened to Doona?
(a) She was kidnapped.
(b) Seada lost her.
(c) The soldiers killed her.
(d) She died of pneumonia.
3. Who is sleeping in J.S.'s bed as Scene 9 opens?
(b) No one.
4. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
5. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
(a) Blowing her nose.
(b) Talking into the tape recorder.
6. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
(a) People who don't return things they've borrowed.
(b) Constant apologizers.
(c) Constant gigglers.
(d) Constant complainers.
7. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
8. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
9. What does Nuna remember about her Daddy?
(a) His voice.
(b) His laugh.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His hands.
10. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(c) Taking notes from her recorder.
(d) Reading a magazine.
11. What word does Nuna use that Zlata objects to?
12. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
(a) A care package.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A visa.
(d) A letter.
13. What illness does J.S. think she has?
(c) Chicken pox.
(d) Poison ivy.
14. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
(a) Being jealous.
(b) Being cruel.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being a fraud.
15. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
(a) To go home.
(b) To teach the women yoga to de-stress.
(c) To be her friend.
(d) To write a best-seller about the women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the women has a black eye in Scene 13?
2. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
3. What does Melissa say is not her verb?
4. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
5. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)