|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 10, what does Azra say she is waiting for?
(a) To die.
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) To be able to paint.
2. What physical symptom of Seada's did the soldiers make fun of?
(a) Her shaved head.
(b) Her leaking breasts.
(c) Her rash.
(d) Her club foot.
3. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
4. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
(b) Her baby.
(c) A knife.
(d) Her shoes.
5. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The women's resistance.
(b) The recorder.
(c) The primitive conditions.
(d) The heat.
6. What did J.S. quit 6 months ago?
7. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
(a) Her notebook.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) The tape recorder.
(d) Her coffee cup.
8. What does Melissa say everything is about for J.S.?
(b) "The American I."
(c) "The Royal We."
9. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
10. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. What does Melissa say is not her verb?
12. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
(b) Eating disorders.
13. What designer nightgown is J.S. wearing in Scene 8?
(a) Calvin Klein.
(b) Yves St. Laurent.
(c) Donna Karan.
(d) Christian Dior.
14. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She turns off the recorder.
(d) She drinks her coffee.
15. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
(b) Talking into the tape recorder.
(d) Blowing her nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nuna remember about her Daddy?
2. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
3. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
4. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
5. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)