|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
2. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
(a) A pail full of milk.
(b) An empty pail.
(c) An armload of laundry.
(d) Her cat.
3. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
(d) Her own bed.
4. What did J.S. quit 6 months ago?
5. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
6. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
(a) In bed.
(b) Sitting at the table.
(c) In a large hole.
(d) Swimming in the river.
7. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
(d) To be able to paint.
8. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
(a) That there wasn't a war.
(b) That J.S. is Seada's mother.
(c) That they like Melissa.
(d) That there is a baby.
9. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
10. Who approaches Seada outside and frightens her?
11. Of what does J.S. accuse Melissa?
(a) Being drunk.
(b) Being too emotional.
(c) Not knowing what she is doing.
(d) Using the women for her own fame.
12. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
13. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
(a) Eating disorders.
14. In Scene 10, what does Azra say she is waiting for?
(b) To be able to paint.
(c) Fresh fruit.
(d) To die.
15. What does J.S. hear Melissa doing at the beginning of Scene 15?
(b) Talking into the tape recorder.
(c) Blowing her nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beauty product are the women using in Scene 10?
2. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
3. Which of these is not a place Zlata mentions as having been blown to pieces?
4. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
5. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)