|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which woman asks J.S. why she doesn't like them?
2. What is it that J.S. tells Azra she wouldn't forget about her?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her excellent cooking.
(c) Her talent for sewing.
(d) Her voice.
3. Which of the women has a story none of the others know?
4. Which of these is not a place Zlata mentions as having been blown to pieces?
5. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
(a) A visa.
(b) A care package.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
6. What word does Nuna use that Zlata objects to?
7. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
8. What does Zlata tell J.S. she was for them?
(a) Their comfort.
(b) Their change.
(c) Their knowledge.
(d) Their healing.
9. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
(a) Being a fraud.
(b) Being jealous.
(c) Being a liar.
(d) Being cruel.
10. What physical symptom of Seada's did the soldiers make fun of?
(a) Her rash.
(b) Her shaved head.
(c) Her leaking breasts.
(d) Her club foot.
11. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
(a) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
(b) Fresh fruit.
(d) To be able to paint.
12. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She drinks her coffee.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She turns off the recorder.
13. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His son.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
14. What actually happened to Doona?
(a) The soldiers killed her.
(b) She was kidnapped.
(c) She died of pneumonia.
(d) Seada lost her.
15. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman strips her clothes off while dancing?
2. Who approaches Seada outside and frightens her?
3. What happened to Zlata's parents?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
5. Who is sleeping in J.S.'s bed as Scene 9 opens?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)