|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
2. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(a) Taking notes from her recorder.
(d) Reading a magazine.
3. What does J.S. sing to the women?
(a) A madrigal.
(b) A hymn.
(c) A Beatles tune.
(d) A nursery song.
4. What happened to Zlata's parents?
(a) They were hung.
(b) They were burned alive.
(c) They were shot.
(d) Their heads were chopped off.
5. Which composer was J.S. named for?
6. What did J.S. quit 6 months ago?
7. Who is applying the beauty product?
8. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
(a) People who don't return things they've borrowed.
(b) Constant gigglers.
(c) Constant complainers.
(d) Constant apologizers.
9. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
(a) Her coffee cup.
(b) The tape recorder.
(c) Her notebook.
(d) An ashtray.
10. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
11. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
12. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
13. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
(a) To be able to paint.
(b) Fresh fruit.
(d) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
14. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
(b) Eating disorders.
15. In Scene 15, where is Melissa going next?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
2. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
3. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
4. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
5. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)