|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does J.S. think she has?
(b) Poison ivy.
(c) Chicken pox.
2. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(a) Reading a magazine.
(c) Taking notes from her recorder.
3. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
(a) To teach the women yoga to de-stress.
(b) To write a best-seller about the women.
(c) To go home.
(d) To be her friend.
4. Which woman exhorts the others to sing at the end of Scene 11?
5. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She drinks her coffee.
(b) She turns off the recorder.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She starts to cry.
6. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
(a) A care package.
(b) A visa.
(c) A letter.
(d) A telegram.
7. What does J.S. sing to the women?
(a) A madrigal.
(b) A hymn.
(c) A nursery song.
(d) A Beatles tune.
8. What designer nightgown is J.S. wearing in Scene 8?
(a) Donna Karan.
(b) Yves St. Laurent.
(c) Calvin Klein.
(d) Christian Dior.
9. What does Jelena have in her bag?
(d) Tarot cards.
10. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
11. What does Nuna remember about her Daddy?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His laugh.
(c) His hands.
(d) His voice.
12. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
13. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
14. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The recorder.
(b) The women's resistance.
(c) The primitive conditions.
(d) The heat.
15. Which of these is not one of the types of people J.S. and Zlata think might drive them to violence?
(a) Constant gigglers.
(b) People who don't return things they've borrowed.
(c) Constant complainers.
(d) Constant apologizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is applying the beauty product?
2. What does Zlata say she doesn't like anymore since the war?
3. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is making coffee?
4. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
5. Which of these is not something Azra says she wants to do with her cow?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)