|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zlata tell J.S. she was for them?
(a) Their comfort.
(b) Their knowledge.
(c) Their change.
(d) Their healing.
2. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
(c) Wet dog.
(d) Old cheese.
3. What happened to Zlata's parents?
(a) They were hung.
(b) They were burned alive.
(c) They were shot.
(d) Their heads were chopped off.
4. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
(a) Her language skills.
(b) Her sensitivity.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her intensity.
5. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His son.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
6. What does Melissa say everything is about for J.S.?
(b) "The Royal We."
(c) "The American I."
7. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
8. What does J.S. tell Zlata she wants in Scene 8?
(a) To teach the women yoga to de-stress.
(b) To be her friend.
(c) To write a best-seller about the women.
(d) To go home.
9. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
(c) Eating disorders.
10. What beauty product are the women using in Scene 10?
(b) Body lotion.
(c) Nail polish.
(d) A facial mask.
11. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
(a) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
(c) Fresh fruit.
(d) Her own bed.
12. What physical symptom of Seada's did the soldiers make fun of?
(a) Her club foot.
(b) Her shaved head.
(c) Her rash.
(d) Her leaking breasts.
13. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
14. What word does Nuna use that Zlata objects to?
15. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
2. Which of the women has a story none of the others know?
3. Which of these is not something Azra says she wants to do with her cow?
4. What does Jelena have in her bag?
5. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)