|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the women has a black eye in Scene 13?
2. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(b) Reading a magazine.
(d) Taking notes from her recorder.
3. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
(a) A knife.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her baby.
4. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The heat.
(b) The primitive conditions.
(c) The women's resistance.
(d) The recorder.
5. What does Melissa begin doing again when she comes into the room in Scene 15?
6. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
7. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
8. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
9. What illness does J.S. think she has?
(a) Poison ivy.
(b) Chicken pox.
10. Which of the women was too hungover to get up?
11. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
(a) In a large hole.
(b) Sitting at the table.
(c) In bed.
(d) Swimming in the river.
12. Where did the beauty product come from?
(c) The United States.
13. What actually happened to Doona?
(a) She died of pneumonia.
(b) Seada lost her.
(c) She was kidnapped.
(d) The soldiers killed her.
14. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
15. Who is sleeping in J.S.'s bed as Scene 9 opens?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fetches J.S. and Melissa to come help Seada?
2. What symptom did Melissa used to have?
3. What is the name of Azra's cow?
4. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
5. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)