|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(a) Taking notes from her recorder.
(d) Reading a magazine.
2. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
3. Who is applying the beauty product?
4. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
5. Which composer was J.S. named for?
6. Of what does J.S. accuse Melissa?
(a) Not knowing what she is doing.
(b) Being too emotional.
(c) Being drunk.
(d) Using the women for her own fame.
7. What word does Nuna use that Zlata objects to?
8. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
(a) Being a fraud.
(b) Being a liar.
(c) Being cruel.
(d) Being jealous.
9. Which woman asks J.S. why she doesn't like them?
10. What does Nuna remember about her Daddy?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His voice.
(c) His laugh.
(d) His hands.
11. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
(a) A visa.
(b) A care package.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
12. What is the name of Azra's cow?
13. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The primitive conditions.
(b) The heat.
(c) The recorder.
(d) The women's resistance.
14. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
(b) A knife.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Her shoes.
15. What did J.S. quit 6 months ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does J.S. think she has?
2. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
3. What does J.S. sing to the women?
4. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
5. Where is Azra at the beginning of Scene 12?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)