|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hospital unit did Zlata head before the war?
2. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
3. What has Melissa received about which she is excited?
(a) A letter.
(b) A telegram.
(c) A visa.
(d) A care package.
4. What does J.S. throw to the ground in anger?
(a) The tape recorder.
(b) Her notebook.
(c) Her coffee cup.
(d) An ashtray.
5. What actually happened to Doona?
(a) The soldiers killed her.
(b) Seada lost her.
(c) She died of pneumonia.
(d) She was kidnapped.
6. What is J.S. having a hard time doing?
7. What does Melissa begin doing again when she comes into the room in Scene 15?
8. What does J.S. notice about the ointment?
(a) It smells minty.
(b) It's green.
(c) It stings.
(d) It's cool.
9. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her intensity.
(c) Her sensitivity.
(d) Her language skills.
10. In Scene 14, what is Azra glad they don't have to pretend anymore?
(a) That there wasn't a war.
(b) That they like Melissa.
(c) That there is a baby.
(d) That J.S. is Seada's mother.
11. What does J.S. do at the end of Scene 7?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She drinks her coffee.
(d) She turns off the recorder.
12. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
13. What did J.S. want to do when she was younger?
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Learn to fly.
14. Who tells J.S. not to follow them as they go after Seada?
15. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zlata say Bosnia was at the very end of Scene 16?
2. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
3. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
4. Where did the beauty product come from?
5. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)