|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which composer was J.S. named for?
2. Which of the women has a black eye in Scene 13?
3. What does Melissa begin doing again when she comes into the room in Scene 15?
4. What does J.S. sing to the women?
(a) A madrigal.
(b) A Beatles tune.
(c) A hymn.
(d) A nursery song.
5. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
6. Which of these is not a place Zlata mentions as having been blown to pieces?
7. Who leaves the room when the women start telling Seada's story?
8. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is making coffee?
9. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
10. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
11. Which woman asks J.S. why she doesn't like them?
12. In Scene 10, what does Zlata say she is waiting for?
(b) To be able to paint.
(c) Fresh fruit.
(d) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
13. What does J.S. say she appreciates about Melissa?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her intensity.
(c) Her language skills.
(d) Her sensitivity.
14. What does Melissa say everything is about for J.S.?
(b) "The American I."
(d) "The Royal We."
15. Where did the beauty product come from?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does J.S. think she has?
2. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
3. Of what does Melissa accuse J.S. at the end of Scene 13?
4. Who breaks down and starts to tell Seada's story?
5. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)