|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 10, what does Nuna say she is waiting for?
(a) To talk to her friends on the telephone.
(c) Her own bed.
(d) Fresh fruit.
2. How does Zlata finish J.S.'s sentence, "It's the..."?
3. Who holds Seada while she tells her story?
4. What does J.S. ask Melissa if she is doing in Scene 15?
5. In what way does Zlata say J.S. looks different without her makeup?
6. Which of the women has a story none of the others know?
7. Who did Dad have to watch get carved with a knife?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His son.
8. Which of these is not a smell Zlata mentions in Scene 8?
(a) Old cheese.
(c) Wet dog.
9. What word does Nuna use that Zlata objects to?
10. What is Melissa doing as Scene 9 opens?
(c) Taking notes from her recorder.
(d) Reading a magazine.
11. What does J.S. tell Melissa in Scene 9 that she is having a hard time with?
(a) The recorder.
(b) The heat.
(c) The women's resistance.
(d) The primitive conditions.
12. What actually happened to Doona?
(a) The soldiers killed her.
(b) She died of pneumonia.
(c) Seada lost her.
(d) She was kidnapped.
13. What was Azra carrying when she was forced from her home?
(a) Her cat.
(b) An empty pail.
(c) A pail full of milk.
(d) An armload of laundry.
14. In Scene 10, what does Azra say she is waiting for?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) To die.
(d) To be able to paint.
15. Which character is of mixed ethnic heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jelena have in her bag?
2. As Scene 7 opens, which woman is crying?
3. What does J.S. say she has learned a lot about on her trip?
4. What was Seada holding when she ran from her house?
5. Which of these is not something Zlata calls cruelty?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)