* In Scene 1, two women, J.S. and Melissa, sit in J.S.'s living room.
* J.S. comments that Melissa is younger than she expected and Melissa offers that she has been through a lot, but doesn't want to discuss her past especially with J.S., who is a psychiatrist.
* Responding to a compliment about her shoes, Melissa says she needs shoes that are grounding in war situations; J.S. says Melissa's resume is very impressive as she is trained as a trauma counselor and a writer.
* J.S. is going to Bosnia, having been invited to participate in the President's commission; she wants Melissa to accompany her because of her experience in war-torn countries, including Haiti and Rwanda.
* J.S. has been told the experience will be very "hands-on," and that is why she wants Melissa there as her assistant; Melissa is writing her first book...
This section contains 4,327 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)