|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 5 states that even an average mother is perceived by a child as _____________.
(b) Better than average.
2. Mrs. C slept in the same bed as her mother until she was how old?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 40 years old.
3. As a result of unconscious guilt, criminals sometimes do what?
(b) Hide thier crimes.
(c) Leave self-damaging evidence.
(d) Lie to authority figures.
4. What was the name of the "weird little novel" mentioned by Viorst in Chapter 8?
(a) The Men's Club.
(b) The Catcher in the Rye.
(c) The Moviegoer.
(d) Confederacy of Dunces.
5. How does Viorst describe the first loss we experience as humans?
(a) Original loss.
(b) Launch of independence.
(c) New beginning.
(d) First separation.
Short Answer Questions
1. By consolidating our own "inner law enforcer or superego," we can resolve what in a healthy way?
2. What happens when children see their mothers as all good or all bad?
3. Sigmund Freud once said, "When you meet a human being, the first distinction you make is ______________?"
4. What are the ingrained patterns repeated in adulthood due to childhood experiences called?
5. Escaping to an earlier stage of development in an effort to deal with socially unacceptable feelings toward a new sibling is called what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)