|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a mother rejects a child's need for dependence and pushes them out of the nest too soon, what can happen?
(a) We grow amazingly strong wings.
(b) We crash to the ground.
(c) We scream, or cry, or get angry.
(d) We adapt, or crumple, or compromise.
2. Margaret Mead points out that we have labeled the Oedipal issue as a _______________.
(b) Ridiculous behavior.
(d) Valid response.
3. According to psychoanalyst Erich Fromm, immature love follows what principle?
(a) I hate you because I love you.
(b) I need you because I love you.
(c) I am loved because I love.
(d) I love you because I need you.
4. Which well-known psychologist noted that if a child can fight a sibling and win, he becomes a fighter. However, if he is not allowed to win, he will often not compete later in life?
(a) Alfred Adler.
(b) Lev Vygotsky.
(c) Jean Piaget.
(d) Erik Erikson.
5. Which person coined the phrase Cinderella Complex?
(a) Judith Viorst.
(b) Colette Dowling.
(c) Colleen Rodman.
(d) Sigmund Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst feels that there is a always a grain of what in our love relationships?
2. Some primitive tribes have allowed their men to express what sort of envy?
3. According to Art Buchwald, what are "the three worst words in the language"?
4. Why does Viorst say we "need the controls provided by guilt"?
5. Marvin and _______ experience great physical discomfort because of their unconscious guilt.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)