|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what do babies need?
(a) A consistent caregiver.
2. In the study discussed in Chapter 8, how many school children were asked how their lives would be different if they woke up the next morning as the opposite sex?
3. According to Chapter 8, what does modern science say that all mammals start out as?
4. Name the experimental psychologist who convinced people it was acceptable to continue shocking subjects despite their response to pain.
(a) Richard Paredes.
(b) Stanley Milgram.
(c) B.F. Skinner.
(d) Jean Piaget.
5. Margaret Mead points out that we have labeled the Oedipal issue as a _______________.
(a) Ridiculous behavior.
(b) Valid response.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Art Buchwald, what are "the three worst words in the language"?
2. While in the hospital, a little boy who was set on fire by his mother is crying for whom?
3. What was the name of the "weird little novel" mentioned by Viorst in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Viorst think some people fear success?
5. What is composed of our noblest goals?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)