|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what do babies need?
(c) A consistent caregiver.
2. When we allow some person or group to stand in place of our own conscience, this leads to what?
(a) Unconscious guilt.
(b) Deficient guilt.
(c) Dependent guilt.
(d) Indiscriminate guilt.
3. According to Chapter 9, what feeling could be fear of the loss of our own love?
4. Mrs. C slept in the same bed as her mother until she was how old?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 40 years old.
(d) 5 years old.
5. Chapter 1 concludes by stating that the yearning to restore the bliss of mother-child oneness is _____________________.
(a) Satisfied upon entry into adulthood.
(b) Worse when we are sick or injured.
(c) Only quenched when we find another meaningful relationship.
(d) Never relinquished.
Short Answer Questions
1. Viorst feels that there is a always a grain of what in our love relationships?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, Margaret Mead uses what type of profession in her analogy about accepting what we were born with?
3. Why does Viorst say we "need the controls provided by guilt"?
4. What is one of the necessary losses discussed in Chapter 3?
5. According to the author, absence makes the heart grow _____________.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)