|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jack and Early find in a cave in Chapter 28?
2. Where is the man from who cares for Jack and Early in Chapter 20?
3. Where does the man who cares for Jack and Early have thick, angry scars?
4. What type of fur is on the rug in the place where Jack wakes in Chapter 20?
5. How many states does the Appalachian trail stretch through?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jack and Early think the skeleton they find is Martin Johannsen?
2. What does the Bear Knuckle Inn look like?
3. What was in Martin's room?
4. What happens when Early and Jack meet some men on a barge see them?
5. What does Jack see when he wakes in Chapter 17?
6. Why does Jack think that Jesus was a likely candidate for fly-fishing?
7. How did Gunnar get to the place where Jack and Early find him?
8. Why does Jack think Early might be hurt at the end of Chapter 27?
9. How did Gunnar get the scars on his back?
10. In Chapter 26, what signs do Jack and Early find of the Great Bear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack feels that the bulletin board in Early's workshop represents Early's mind. What does the bulletin board look like and why does it represent the way that Early thinks?
Essay Topic 2
Jack leaves Early behind when he races in the regatta. How does Early feel about being left behind and how long does it take him to make peace with Jack?
Essay Topic 3
Gunnar tells Jack he should take a more active role in his pursuits. Why does Gunnar tell Jack to take a more active role in his activities and how does Gunnar suggest Jack do that?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)