|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is under the vehicle that Jack and Early see in the clearing in Chapter 24?
2. In what direction do the paths head in Chapter 23?
3. Where is the bulls eye tacked up in Chapter 29?
4. What does Jack smell when he wakes in Chapter 20?
5. After visiting a cabin in Chapter 27, what direction do Jack and Early travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what does the clearing look like where Jack and Early find themselves?
2. How did Gunnar compromise MacScott's dogs' sense of smell?
3. What do Early and Jack have after the barge leaves in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Early think Fisher is alive?
5. What did the old woman want Early and Jack do and why?
6. How does MacScott die?
7. What job are Early and Jack given by the men on the barge?
8. What does the Bear Knuckle Inn look like?
9. In "Land of Lost Souls," what does Pi see?
10. In Chapter 22, what does Jack find in his backpack that weren't there the night before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack leaves Early behind when he races in the regatta. How does Early feel about being left behind and how long does it take him to make peace with Jack?
Essay Topic 2
Both Jack and Gunnar find themselves at the end of the world. In what ways to Gunnary and Jack find themselves physically and figuratively at the end of the world?
Essay Topic 3
Early and Jack have different ways of dealing with and interacting with the pirates. How do the boys interact differently with the pirates? Which boy is more effective when dealing with the pirates and why?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)