|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men were in Fisher's squad?
2. What sound do Jack and Early hear in a cabin in Chapter 27?
3. Who does the old woman think Early might be in Chapter 25?
4. After visiting a cabin in Chapter 27, what direction do Jack and Early travel?
5. What year is the Sears Roebuck catalog Jack finds in Martin's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack think "National Geographic" would say about the path they are taking in Chapter 27?
2. Why does Early think Fisher is alive?
3. How did Gunnar compromise MacScott's dogs' sense of smell?
4. What happens when Early and Jack meet some men on a barge see them?
5. What do Early and Jack see when they find an old logging camp?
6. What does Jack see when he wakes in Chapter 17?
7. In Chapter 24, what does the clearing look like where Jack and Early find themselves?
8. In "Land of Lost Souls," what does Pi see?
9. How does MacScott die?
10. Why does Jack think Early might be hurt at the end of Chapter 27?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack and Early find a skeleton during their quest. How do they find the skeleton, and why do they think the skeleton is Martin Johannsen?
Essay Topic 2
Jack remembers how his mother tried to help him after he got lost after a Boy Scout camp. How did his mother help him with that incident and how did she keep him from being lost emotionally when she was alive?
Essay Topic 3
Jack feels that the bulletin board in Early's workshop represents Early's mind. What does the bulletin board look like and why does it represent the way that Early thinks?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)