|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack feel when he looks at Number 67's photo at the end of Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Jack say he will go with his father during spring break?
3. In Chapter 10, how long is it before the Morton Hill Regatta?
4. When was Jack's mother's funeral?
5. Who did Pi think watched over him in "Bound for Home"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the Fish?
2. What does Early ask Jack at the beginning of Chapter 11, and why does Jack decline?
3. What does Jack say viewing the ocean for the first time is supposed to be like, and what is it like for him?
4. What does Jack consider wishing for in the boathouse in Chapter 6 and what does he wish for?
5. In Chapter 6, how does Jack feel the next morning after rowing?
6. What is Early wearing and doing when Jack sees him at the beginning of Chapter 13?
7. What was the opening ceremony for the regatta?
8. What does the bulletin board look like in Early's workshop?
9. What is Jack's trip like to Maine?
10. What is Professor Stanton's theory that pi ends based upon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jack feels lost after the regatta. What other times has Jack felt lost? Why does Jack feel so lost and without direction?
Essay Topic 2
Early and Jack have different ways of dealing with and interacting with the pirates. How do the boys interact differently with the pirates? Which boy is more effective when dealing with the pirates and why?
Essay Topic 3
Jack was nearly swept away after his mother's death. What saved Jack and what did he learn about dealing with death because of Early?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)