|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does the bar maid have in Chapter 17?
2. What happens to Early after MacScott dies?
(a) He stumbles and twists his ankle.
(b) He hits his head.
(c) He has a bloody nose.
(d) He has a seizure.
3. What type of fur is on the rug in the place where Jack wakes in Chapter 20?
(a) Mountain lion.
4. What type of vehicle do Jack and Early see when the trees open onto a tiny clearing in Chapter 24?
(a) A rusted-out Model T.
(b) An old Chevy.
(c) A rusty pickup.
(d) An old Dodge.
5. How does the old woman that Jack and Early see in Chapter 24 wear her hair?
(a) Long braid handing down her back.
(b) Long braid wound around her hair.
(c) Long ponytail.
(d) Short frizzy curls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who cares for Jack and Early in Chapter 20?
2. What does Early say that Pi found at the end of Chapter 26?
3. What song does Jack sing as they walk in Chapter 23?
4. Who does the old woman think Early might be in Chapter 25?
5. Who taught Early to fly fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 26, what is Jack reminded about Early?
2. What does the Bear Knuckle Inn look like?
3. What do Early and Jack have after the barge leaves in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Jack think that Jesus was a likely candidate for fly-fishing?
5. How did Gunnar get the scars on his back?
6. What did the old woman want Early and Jack do and why?
7. Why do Jack and Early think the skeleton they find is Martin Johannsen?
8. In "Land of Lost Souls," what does Pi see?
9. How did Gunnar compromise MacScott's dogs' sense of smell?
10. How does the bar maid look after Early tells her that she has a very pretty smile?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)