|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of dogs were on the barge in Chapter 16?
(c) German Shepherds.
(d) Pit bulls.
2. How long did Pi wander in the maze in "The Ancient One"?
(a) Maybe weeks.
(b) Maybe days.
(c) 96 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
3. How do Early and Jack escape from MacScott in Chapter 30?
(a) A woodsman kills MacScott.
(b) A bear kills MacScott.
(c) MacScott falls down a cliff.
(d) MacScott stumbles and shoots himself.
4. What type of snake does Early talk about in Chapter 30?
(a) Eastern milk snake.
(b) Black Racer.
(c) Timber rattlesnake.
5. What does Early do when he sees Gunnar's scars?
(a) Averts his eyes.
(b) Puts his hand inside Gunnar's hand.
(d) Asks what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the man who cares for Jack and Early in Chapter 20 used to work?
2. What does Jack smell when he wakes in Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 27, how far off the ground is a tree scarred by a bear?
4. What did one of the boatmen take from Early's pack and keep in Chapter 16?
5. How many men were in Fisher's squad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Bear Knuckle Inn look like?
2. How did Gunnar compromise MacScott's dogs' sense of smell?
3. Why does Early think Fisher is alive?
4. How did Gunnar get to the place where Jack and Early find him?
5. What do Early and Jack see when they find an old logging camp?
6. What was in Martin's room?
7. What does Jack see when he wakes in Chapter 17?
8. What does Jack think "National Geographic" would say about the path they are taking in Chapter 27?
9. What happens when Early and Jack meet some men on a barge see them?
10. Why do Jack and Early think the skeleton they find is Martin Johannsen?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)