|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, to what time is the start of the regatta changed to?
(a) 9 a.m.
(b) 7 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
2. What type of candy does Early grab when he gets upset in Chapter 9?
(b) Candy bar.
(c) Jelly beans.
(d) Gummy worms.
3. What type of dinosaur does the Dinosaur log look like?
(a) Tyrannosaurus Rex.
4. What branch of military service is Jack's father in?
(b) Air Force.
5. What does Early listen to on Sundays?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Early listening to on his record player in Chapter 9?
2. What is Early working on when Jack finds him in Chapter 9?
3. How old was Jack when his father left for the European theater?
4. What does Early sing when his frog dies?
5. Who helped Early bring the "Maine" to the hall near his workshop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack consider wishing for in the boathouse in Chapter 6 and what does he wish for?
2. What was the opening ceremony for the regatta?
3. What does Jack realize when he looks out his window at the end of Chapter 12?
4. Why does Jack think Morton Hill Academy must have been a military school?
5. What messages did Jack get at the beginning of Chapter 12?
6. How does Jack feel the night after the regatta?
7. Where did Pi find himself in "Plights and Perils," and how did he think he got there?
8. How does Preston describe Early at lunch in Chapter 3?
9. Who was the Fish?
10. What does Jack say viewing the ocean for the first time is supposed to be like, and what is it like for him?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)