|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who does Early think Billie Holiday would have been friends with?
2. How many kids attended Jack's tenth birthday party?
3. What did Pi think helped him to shore when he fell into the water in "Plights and Perils"?
(b) Small boat.
4. In Chapter 12, how many boats are lined up to race in regatta when Jack arrives?
5. Jack mentions that whom is from his home state?
(a) Walter Chrysler.
(b) Amelia Earhart.
(c) General Eisenhower.
(d) Walter Herschel Beech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Early bring tobacco on his trip in the boat with Jack?
2. In Chapter 7 on Friday evening, what are the other boys eating in Sam and Robbie's room?
3. How did Jack's mother die?
4. How old was Jack when his father left for the European theater?
5. What happens when Jack gets halfway across the Dinosaur Log?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how does Jack feel the next morning after rowing?
2. Who was the Fish?
3. How do the after-school hours blend together for Jack and Early?
4. What is Early's room like?
5. How does Preston describe Early at lunch in Chapter 3?
6. Where does Jack spend most of his second day at Morton Hill Academy?
7. What does Jack hear and how does it make him feel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. Is Jack lonely on Friday night in Chapter 7?
9. What does Jack consider wishing for in the boathouse in Chapter 6 and what does he wish for?
10. What are some shrines or temples in Jack's hometown in Kansas?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)