|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Professor Douglas Stanton teach?
2. What is Jack's grandfather's military rank?
(b) Rear Admiral.
3. In "Plights and Perils," how long could it take for winds to whip into gale force?
(b) A couple days.
(c) A few hours.
(d) A week.
4. What does Early listen to on Sundays?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Jack hear as he tries to decides how to get back to his dorm?
(a) Woman singing.
(b) Someone yelling.
(c) An argument.
(d) Man singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the center of everything in Jack's hometown?
2. How old was Jack when his father left for the European theater?
3. What did Jack's mother want to do with him after he got lost with the scouts?
4. What place does Early come in during the regatta?
5. Where does Jack spend most of the day at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Professor Stanton's theory that pi ends based upon?
2. Who was the Fish?
3. How does Jack describe his bed after his father makes it for him?
4. Why does Jack think Morton Hill Academy must have been a military school?
5. What does Jack consider wishing for in the boathouse in Chapter 6 and what does he wish for?
6. Where did Pi find himself in "Plights and Perils," and how did he think he got there?
7. What is Early wearing and doing when Jack sees him at the beginning of Chapter 13?
8. What is Early's room like?
9. What does Early say about Billie Holiday?
10. What does Jack realize when he looks out his window at the end of Chapter 12?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)