|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was likely to drive Pi crazy in "Plights and Perils"?
(a) The snow.
(b) The rain.
2. In Chapter 7 on Friday evening, what are the other boys eating in Sam and Robbie's room?
3. What is Jack's first class of the day when school starts in Chapter 2?
4. How long has Pi in Early's story lived by the sea?
(a) 8 years.
(b) Most of his life.
(c) His entire life.
(d) 5 years.
5. In Chapter 12, how many boats are lined up to race in regatta when Jack arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the center of everything in Jack's hometown?
2. Which class starts the regatta in Chapter 12?
3. How many kids attended Jack's tenth birthday party?
4. What does Jack feel when he looks at Number 67's photo at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What is Jack reading about on Friday night in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's trip like to Maine?
2. What does the bulletin board look like in Early's workshop?
3. How does Jack describe his bed after his father makes it for him?
4. What does Jack say viewing the ocean for the first time is supposed to be like, and what is it like for him?
5. What does Jack hear and how does it make him feel at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. How did Jack's parents meet?
7. What are some shrines or temples in Jack's hometown in Kansas?
8. Where does Jack spend most of his second day at Morton Hill Academy?
9. Why does Jack think Morton Hill Academy must have been a military school?
10. What does Jack say about his father and grandfather in the Prologue?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)