|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Professor Douglas Stanton teach?
2. Where does Jack spend most of the day at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His room.
(d) Soccer field.
3. In Chapter 12, to what time is the start of the regatta changed to?
(a) 7 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 6 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
4. In Chapter 13, how large does a newspaper article say the Great Appalachian Bear was?
(a) 600 pounds.
(b) 715 pounds.
(c) 390 pounds.
(d) 475 pounds.
5. How many kids attended Jack's tenth birthday party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How lond did Jack's parents know one another before they got married?
2. In Chapter 1, how long has it been since Jack has seen his father?
3. What happened to the boy who graduated in 1943 and who wore Number 67?
4. When was Morton Hill Academy established?
5. What color jacket is Early wearing in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jack feel the night after the regatta?
2. What does Jack say viewing the ocean for the first time is supposed to be like, and what is it like for him?
3. Why does Jack think Morton Hill Academy must have been a military school?
4. How did Early get the "Maine" to the workshop?
5. What does Jack realize when he looks out his window at the end of Chapter 12?
6. How does Jack describe his bed after his father makes it for him?
7. What are some shrines or temples in Jack's hometown in Kansas?
8. What messages did Jack get at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. What is Early's room like?
10. What does the bulletin board look like in Early's workshop?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)