|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's last name who cares for Jack and Early in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 29, if MacScott takes four shots at a bulls eye, how many bullets will he have left?
3. In Chapter 17, what does Early think he sees in the stars?
(a) His brother's eyes.
(b) A bass.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A boat like the "Maine."
4. Who does the old woman think Early might be in Chapter 25?
5. What color does Jack see through a waterfall in Chapter 27?
6. Where does the man who cares for Jack and Early have thick, angry scars?
7. What year is the Sears Roebuck catalog Jack finds in Martin's room?
8. What does the old woman call Jack in Chapter 24?
9. Who did Pi see when he awoke in the maze in "The Ancient One"?
(a) A small boy.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An ancient woman.
(d) An ancient man.
10. Where is the bulls eye tacked up in Chapter 29?
(a) Walnut tree.
(b) Oak tree.
(c) Maple tree.
(d) Sycamore tree.
11. What happens to Early after MacScott dies?
(a) He has a bloody nose.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He hits his head.
(d) He stumbles and twists his ankle.
12. How many states does the Appalachian trail stretch through?
13. In "Land of Lost Souls," in what direction has Pi traveled?
14. As Jack and Early follow the tracks in Chapter 26, what direction are they heading?
15. What would Jack's mother say when he was reluctant to try something new?
(a) Give it a try.
(b) Never be afraid.
(c) Put your big-boy pants on.
(d) You can't succeed if you don't try.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gunnar and the boys have to eat after fly fishing and survival training?
2. In Chapter 16, what is the name of the boatman who watches Early and Jack?
3. How many men were in Fisher's squad?
4. What type of cigarettes does MacScott smoke?
5. In Chapter 26, what does Early do when Jack says that Fisher isn't coming back?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)