|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Early apply to Jack's hand in Chapter 30?
(a) His bug-bit concoction.
(b) Crushed leaves.
(c) Antibiotic cream.
(d) Lavender-scented snakebite ointment.
2. What does Jack see when he wakes in Chapter 20?
(a) Glass of water.
(b) Wire-rimmed spectacles.
(c) Glass of milk.
(d) A Bible.
3. What does Jack compare the sight of MacScott dying to?
(a) A television show.
(b) A movie.
(c) Violent lightning storm.
(d) An earthquake.
4. In Chapter 26, what does Early do when Jack says that Fisher isn't coming back?
(a) Charges and knocks Jack flat.
(b) Pushes Jack down.
(c) Punches Jack.
(d) Runs away.
5. How did Martin Johannsen die?
(a) Shot by MacScott.
(b) Fell on his rifle and shot himself.
(c) Got trapped in a cave.
(d) Fell down a cliff.
6. What type of place do Jack and Early find that has been abandoned in Chapter 27?
(a) Logging camp.
(b) Old homestead.
(d) Abandoned basement.
7. What does Jack say when Early thanks him for coming with him at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) You're brother's dead.
(b) You're crazy.
(c) You're welcome.
(d) I didn't want to be alone.
8. In "Land of Lost Souls," in what direction has Pi traveled?
9. Who taught Early to fly fish?
(b) His brother.
(c) A friend.
(d) His dad.
10. Why do Jack and Early try to cross a river in Chapter 19?
(a) To get to higher ground.
(b) To get away from the boatmen.
(c) To find fire wood.
(d) To avoid dogs.
11. What does Early see after he and Jack have an argument about Fisher not coming back?
(a) Raccoon tracks.
(b) Coyote tracks.
(c) Deer tracks.
(d) A bear track.
12. Where is the man from who cares for Jack and Early in Chapter 20?
13. What does the old woman call Jack in Chapter 24?
14. In Chapter 17, what does Early think he sees in the stars?
(a) A boat like the "Maine."
(b) A bass.
(c) A beaver.
(d) His brother's eyes.
15. What type of sandwiches has Jack eaten in Chapter 17?
(b) Corned beef.
(c) Peanut butter.
(d) Chicken salad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's last name who cares for Jack and Early in Chapter 20?
2. In Chapter 22, what does Gunnar give MacScott's dogs?
3. What type of covering is on the bed where Jack finds himself when he wakes in Chapter 20?
4. How many tracks do Early and Jack find in Chapter 26?
5. How does the old woman that Jack and Early see in Chapter 24 wear her hair?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)