|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Morton Hill Academy's shrine?
(b) Field house.
2. What branch of military service is Jack's father in?
(d) Air Force.
3. In Chapter 1, how long has it been since Jack has seen his father?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 36 months.
4. What is the weather like in Chapter 11?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Jack hear as he tries to decides how to get back to his dorm?
(a) Man singing.
(b) Someone yelling.
(c) An argument.
(d) Woman singing.
6. Where is Fisher Auden from?
7. In "Plights and Perils," how long could it take for winds to whip into gale force?
(b) A few hours.
(c) A couple days.
(d) A week.
8. What is the center of everything in Jack's hometown?
(a) Baseball diamond.
(c) Ice cream shop.
9. What is Early doing after Jack wakes from a short nap in Chapter 5?
(b) Typing a rope.
(d) Writing on a board.
10. Jack mentions that whom is from his home state?
(a) General Eisenhower.
(b) Amelia Earhart.
(c) Walter Herschel Beech.
(d) Walter Chrysler.
11. In Chapter 7 on Friday evening, what are the other boys eating in Sam and Robbie's room?
12. How often does Early go into town when all the boys are given day passes?
(a) Every couple months.
(b) Once in a while.
(d) About once a month.
13. What was Jack's mother doing when she met his dad?
(a) Delivering books.
(b) Working in an office.
(c) Working in a restaurant.
(d) Delivering a cake.
14. Where was Fisher Auden and his companions when they died?
(a) In a trench.
(b) Under a bridge.
15. How long has Jack been a member of the National Geographic Society?
(a) Since he was 10.
(b) Since he was 7.
(c) Since he was 9.
(d) Since he was 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Early come in during the regatta?
2. In "Plights and Perils," what stalked Pi for days?
3. How does Jack get to Maine in Chapter 1?
4. What happens when Jack gets halfway across the Dinosaur Log?
5. How many kids attended Jack's tenth birthday party?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)