|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What colors do Early and Jack paint the oars?
(a) Brown and tan.
(b) Yellow and green.
(c) Red and white.
(d) Blue and white.
2. Who did Pi think watched over him in "Bound for Home"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) Great Bear.
3. In Chapter 7 on Friday evening, what are the other boys eating in Sam and Robbie's room?
4. Which class starts the regatta in Chapter 12?
(d) 8th grade.
5. How old was Jack when his father left for the European theater?
6. How did Jack's mother die?
(b) Brain aneurysm.
(c) Bad fall.
(d) Heart attack.
7. In "Plights and Perils," what stalked Pi for days?
(a) Native bowmen.
8. What type of candy does Early grab when he gets upset in Chapter 9?
(a) Candy bar.
(b) Jelly beans.
(c) Gummy worms.
9. In Chapter 10, how long is it before the Morton Hill Regatta?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
10. What happens when Jack gets halfway across the Dinosaur Log?
(a) It gets windy.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) He hears someone talking.
(d) He hears boys coming.
11. In Chapter 7, what is the math lesson?
(a) Equilateral triangles.
(b) Base 4.
(c) Congruent triangles.
(d) Base 10.
12. What does Jack have for lunch the first day of school in Chapter 3?
(a) Pizza and fruit.
(b) Ham and cheese sandwich, chips, and cookies.
(c) Chicken and dumplings, peas, and cake.
(d) Meat loaf, green beans, and Jello-O.
13. Where is Jack from?
(d) South Dakota.
14. What is Morton Hill Academy's shrine?
(b) Field house.
15. What does Early sing when his frog dies?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "Up a Lazy River."
(c) "Rock of Ages."
(d) "Day is Done."
Short Answer Questions
1. What color jacket is Early wearing in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 12, to what time is the start of the regatta changed to?
3. What was the name of the head pirate on the ship that found Pi in "Bound for Home"?
4. When was Jack's mother's funeral?
5. According to Early, how many state names have one syllable?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)