|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jack been a member of the National Geographic Society?
(a) Since he was 10.
(b) Since he was 9.
(c) Since he was 12.
(d) Since he was 7.
2. What is the center of everything in Jack's hometown?
(a) Baseball diamond.
(b) Ice cream shop.
3. Where is Fisher Auden from?
4. What was the name of the head pirate on the ship that found Pi in "Bound for Home"?
5. What did Pi think helped him to shore when he fell into the water in "Plights and Perils"?
(a) Small boat.
6. What color jacket is Early wearing in Chapter 13?
7. In "Plights and Perils," what stalked Pi for days?
(a) Native bowmen.
8. What is the name of the most beautiful boat in the boathouse?
(d) Sweetie Pie.
9. What is Morton Hill Academy's shrine?
(d) Field house.
10. In Chapter 12, how many boats are lined up to race in regatta when Jack arrives?
11. In Chapter 10, how long is it before the Morton Hill Regatta?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
12. Where does Jack go after he finds a change of clothes in Chapter 8?
(b) His dorm room.
(c) Mess hall.
13. What branch of military service is Jack's father in?
(c) Air Force.
14. In Chapter 7, where will Professor Stanton present his theory about pi?
(a) October Math Institute.
(d) Fall Math Institute.
15. Where is Jack's father stationed in Chapter 1?
(a) Fort Bragg.
(b) Camp Pendleton.
(c) Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
(d) Peterson Air Force Base.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is everyone treated to as the regatta is about to begin?
2. What does Jack do after he wakes at Dawn in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Early listening to on his record player in Chapter 9?
4. What was the nickname for the boy who graduated in 1943 and who wore Number 67?
5. What does Jack have for lunch the first day of school in Chapter 3?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)