• The first time Jack Baker sees the ocean, he throws up.
• Jack has never been beyond Kansas before.
• He and his father fly from Kansas to Maine on a military cargo plane.
• It is a ride that Jack does not enjoy, because he is so nauseated.
• Jack was nine when he last saw his father.
• His father has been fighting in Europe.
• As the war wound down, Jack and his mother were looking forward to his father’s return.
• His father came home earlier than expected to attend Jack’s mother’s funeral.
• Jack is 13, and his father seems like stranger.
• Jack and his father take a jeep to Morton Hill Academy in Cape Fealty, Maine.
• The school is the closest boarding school to the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard where Captain Baker is stationed.
• After his father leaves, Jack walks along the beach, where everything reminds him...
This section contains 3,556 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)