|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel about Iris after he first meets her?
(a) He is disgusted at her appearance.
(b) She becomes his new love.
(c) He feels finally fulfilled.
(d) Disappointment that she is not Memo.
2. What happens to the Pirates' starting pitcher that pits Roy against a new pitcher?
(a) He gets in a fight and gets thrown out of the game.
(b) He walks too many players and gets pulled out.
(c) The Ump throws him out for bad behavior.
(d) He faints.
3. When Roy goes to see Memo at her motel room on the night before the pennant game, who is there with her?
(b) Red Blow.
4. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Lots of fame.
(c) The farm he has always wanted.
(d) Lots of money.
5. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
6. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
(a) His family who his hasn't seen in several years.
(b) His first coach and trainer.
(c) The brunette in the red dress that stands in the bleachers.
7. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
(a) Be a good influence on young boys.
(b) Sell out to Judge Banner.
(c) Stay in baseball one more year.
(d) Try and get Pop fired.
8. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
(a) She says he must be a man.
(b) She says he must marry and have children.
(c) She says he must practice every day.
(d) She says he must win the pennant for his team.
9. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
(b) She is too fat, but not too bad.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
(d) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
10. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
(a) His father whom he hasn't seen in years.
(b) A lady in a red dress standing and cheering for him.
(c) A baseball scout for another team.
(d) Fans that are cheering for him.
11. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(b) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(d) $50,000 to start his own company.
12. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(b) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(c) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
(d) He thinks she likes someone else.
13. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is too fat.
(b) She runs away from him all the time.
(c) She is not the domestic type.
(d) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
14. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(b) A lifetime career in baseball.
(c) A good retirement.
(d) The respect of Pop.
15. What decision does Roy make during the last inning of the pennant game?
(a) To leave Memo and go to Iris.
(b) To leave baseball forever.
(c) To forget his bribe and play well.
(d) To ask Memo to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy hope will happen to him after he agrees to throw the game?
2. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
3. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
4. What does The Judge tell Roy when he is trying to get him to throw a game?
5. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)