|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
(b) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(c) He thinks she likes someone else.
(d) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
2. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
(a) Sell out to Judge Banner.
(b) Try and get Pop fired.
(c) Stay in baseball one more year.
(d) Be a good influence on young boys.
3. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
(a) Because he plans to throw the game.
(b) Because he doesn't believe in gambling.
(c) Because he wants all the attention.
(d) Because he doesn't believe they can win.
4. What does Roy do when Iris rejects him?
(a) Drives away in his car.
(b) Dives underwater for a long time.
(c) Gets angry and runs into the woods.
(d) Begs her to reconsider.
5. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
(a) He threatens to call the FBI.
(b) He is surprised because Memo had just left.
(c) He cries and tells him he is afraid of losing Memo.
(d) He is afraid of The Judge.
6. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
(b) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
(c) She is too fat, but not too bad.
(d) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
7. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(a) All of the Knights players.
(b) The pitcher, Fowler.
(c) Red Blow.
8. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
9. What happens to Roy after he leaves Iris and returns to Memo?
(a) Memo rejects his romantic attempts.
(b) He decides to leave all women alone.
(c) He misses Iris and returns to her.
(d) He and Memo get married.
10. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
(b) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
(c) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
(d) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
11. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
(a) To go back home and visit his family.
(b) To get married to her and let her take care of him.
(c) To forget about baseball forever.
(d) To go to a fortune teller.
12. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
(a) Getting Pop Fisher fired.
(b) Finding out Roy's story.
(c) The relationship between Memo and Roy.
(d) Reporting baseball stats.
13. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
(b) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(c) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(d) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
14. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(b) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
(c) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(d) $50,000 to start his own company.
15. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
(a) She was going to leave the game.
(b) She was looking for Gus.
(c) To cheer him on because the world needs heroes.
(d) So she could see better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
2. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
3. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
4. In making his decision whether or not to accept The Judge's offer, what is the one thing Roy considers?
5. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)