|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy react to the children among the fans?
(a) He encourages them to be heroes.
(b) He signs autographs for them.
(c) He gives them special attention.
(d) He ignores them.
2. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
(a) Because he doesn't believe they can win.
(b) Because he doesn't believe in gambling.
(c) Because he wants all the attention.
(d) Because he plans to throw the game.
3. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(b) He thinks she likes someone else.
(c) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(d) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
4. What happens to Roy after he leaves Iris and returns to Memo?
(a) He and Memo get married.
(b) He misses Iris and returns to her.
(c) He decides to leave all women alone.
(d) Memo rejects his romantic attempts.
5. What does Iris tell Roy when he accidentally hits her with a foul ball that goes into the stands?
(a) That she thinks he did it on purpose.
(b) That she is pregnant with his child.
(c) That she knows it was an accident.
(d) That he needs to straighten his hit out and it will be a home run.
6. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
7. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
(b) Achievement of success and wealth.
(c) The end of his baseball career.
(d) Wisdom and honor.
8. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
(a) Another girlfriend since Memo doesn't like him.
(b) A friend, a father, and a home to return to.
(c) A coach that could teach him more.
(d) A better relationship with Memo.
9. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
(b) His family.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) A fortune teller.
10. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(b) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
(c) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
(d) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
11. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
(a) That she likes The Judge.
(b) That she is a grandmother.
(c) That she likes Gus.
(d) That she snores when she sleeps.
12. What is Roy's reaction when The Judge shows up in his motel room?
(a) He threatens to call the FBI.
(b) He is afraid of The Judge.
(c) He cries and tells him he is afraid of losing Memo.
(d) He is surprised because Memo had just left.
13. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
(b) That she doesn't love him.
(c) That she loves Gus.
(d) That she is afraid of being poor.
14. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(b) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
(c) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(d) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
15. What does Iris encourage Roy to do?
(a) Sell out to Judge Banner.
(b) Be a good influence on young boys.
(c) Stay in baseball one more year.
(d) Try and get Pop fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
2. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
3. What does Roy decide to do to try and change his luck?
4. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
5. How does Roy feel when the fans began to cheer him on after he gets out of the slump?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)