|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Roy sneaks out of the hospital and does some practice batting?
(a) Pop helps him practice.
(b) He sees The Judge watching him.
(c) Memo ridicules him.
(d) He passes out at the plate.
2. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
3. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
(a) Through suffering.
(b) Through friends.
(c) Through success at baseball.
(d) Through hard work.
4. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) Peace and happiness.
(b) Lots of money.
(c) The farm he has always wanted.
(d) Lots of fame.
5. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
(a) He suggests that Roy is taking advantage of Memo.
(b) He suggests that Memo doesn't like him, but likes Max instead.
(c) He suggests that Roy is a sorry ball player.
(d) He suggests he can get him lots more money for throwing a game.
6. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
(a) His love of more than one woman at a time.
(b) His agreement to throw the pennant game.
(c) His focus only on being a superhero.
(d) His gambling on his games.
7. What happens when Roy played cards in Memo's motel room?
(a) He wins a large amount from Gus.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He loses a lot of money.
(d) He gets thrown out of the motel.
8. What does Roy do to get even with Max Mercy?
(a) He breaks up his relationship with Memo.
(b) He pretends to be a German waiter and spills stuff all over Max.
(c) He hits him with his baseball bat.
(d) He tells Pop Fisher a lie about Max and gets him thrown out of the stadium.
9. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(a) The Judge.
10. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(b) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(c) Roy finds another girlfriend.
(d) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
11. What does Roy hope will happen to him after he agrees to throw the game?
(a) That he will get a home run.
(b) That he won't be able to hit well.
(c) That Iris will be there to watch him.
(d) That he will be benched for the whole game.
12. How do the coaches and players deal with the teams slump?
(a) They ignore the causes of their distress and try to fix the symptoms.
(b) The coaches yell at the players to try and get them to play better.
(c) They do some locker room cheers to get in a better mood.
(d) The coaches work with the players to get them playing better.
13. What does Memo tell Roy when he proposes to her?
(a) That she loves Gus.
(b) That she is afraid of being poor.
(c) That she doesn't love him.
(d) That Pop has forbidden her to marry him.
14. What happens after Roy makes an important decision during the last inning of the pennant game?
(a) He asks Pop if he will give permission for him to marry Memo.
(b) He sees Iris in the stands and waves.
(c) He sees Gus and Memo together in the stands.
(d) He strikes out.
15. What does Roy wish for when the team gets into a major slump?
(a) A coach that could teach him more.
(b) A better relationship with Memo.
(c) A friend, a father, and a home to return to.
(d) Another girlfriend since Memo doesn't like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
2. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
4. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
5. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)