Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roy so upset that most people bet on the Knights?
(a) Because he doesn't believe they can win.
(b) Because he plans to throw the game.
(c) Because he wants all the attention.
(d) Because he doesn't believe in gambling.
2. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
(b) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
(c) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
(d) She is too fat, but not too bad.
3. Who does Roy think is trying to throw the game because he plays so poorly?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) The pitcher, Fowler.
(d) All of the Knights players.
4. Who sends Memo to Roy's motel room?
(b) The Judge.
5. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
(a) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next to throw the game.
(b) They couldn't come to any agreement.
(c) $50,000 to start his own company.
(d) $35,000 this year and $45,000 the next if they won the game.
6. In the league, What position do the Knights fall in?
7. What offer did The Judge send Memo to tell Roy about?
(a) Enough money to marry Memo if he would get Pop fired.
(b) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise to throw the pennant game.
(c) The position of coach of the Knights.
(d) Twenty-five thousand dollars and a raise if they won the pennant game.
8. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is not the domestic type.
(b) She is too fat.
(c) She runs away from him all the time.
(d) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
9. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
(a) To keep his fans in mind and try to please them.
(b) To get married to Memo and quit trying to impress her.
(c) To forget Memo and drop her.
(d) To consider what might be on his mind that is worrying him.
10. What is Roy's reaction after he finally reads Iris's letter?
(a) He leaves Memo and returns to Iris.
(b) He wads it up and throws it against the wall.
(c) He shows it to The Judge for advice.
(d) He shows it to Memo and laughs at Iris.
11. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
(a) She was going to leave the game.
(b) So she could see better.
(c) To cheer him on because the world needs heroes.
(d) She was looking for Gus.
12. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) The end of his baseball career.
(b) Wisdom and honor.
(c) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
(d) Achievement of success and wealth.
13. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He thinks she likes someone else.
(b) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
(c) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(d) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
14. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) A lifetime career in baseball.
(b) The respect of Pop.
(c) A good retirement.
(d) Money and love, specifically Memo.
15. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) Lots of fame.
(b) The farm he has always wanted.
(c) Lots of money.
(d) Peace and happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
2. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
3. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
4. Who does Roy see in the stands while playing a game in Chicago?
5. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)