Short Answer Key
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
A black hatbox.
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
Roy's professional scout.
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
6. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
7. What happens to Sam Simpson?
He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
8. Who is Max Mercy?
A sports writer.
9. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
10. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
11. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
The murder of two athletes.
12. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
That he wants...
This section contains 3,250 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)