|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
(a) He can't quit thinking about Memo, so decides she is the one.
(b) Pop encourages him to give her up and choose Memo.
(c) She is a grandmother and he is not ready to be a grandfather.
(d) She is fat and he likes thin girls like Memo.
2. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
(a) She hates the light and loves darkness.
(b) They need to conserve the car battery.
(c) They are trying to escape without being noticed.
(d) She didn't know he had the lights off.
3. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is not the domestic type.
(b) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(c) She is too fat.
(d) She runs away from him all the time.
4. What physical trait does Gus have that makes him unique?
(a) An eerie glass eye.
(b) A huge birthmark on his face.
(c) Tattoos all over his body.
(d) A huge wart on the side of his nose.
5. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) Roy's girlfriend.
(b) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(c) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(d) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
2. How is failure treated in The Natural?
3. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
4. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
5. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)