|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(b) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(c) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(d) He strikes out too many times.
2. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She reacts coldly.
(b) She slaps his face.
(c) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(d) She is very tender and warm toward him.
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Sam Simpson.
(d) Red Blow.
4. What does Roy think he will gain when he becomes the best player ever and gets Memo?
(a) Lots of money.
(b) Peace and happiness.
(c) Lots of fame.
(d) The farm he has always wanted.
5. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) No one knows.
(b) From ticket sales to Knights games.
(c) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(d) From gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
2. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
3. How do fans react to Roy after Bump's death?
4. How does Roy relate to Pop?
5. What does Roy tell Memo about his mother?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)