|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(b) He becomes the best batter in history.
(c) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(d) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
2. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He mourns Sam's death.
(b) He has never had a winning season.
(c) He really doesn't like baseball.
(d) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
3. How is failure treated in The Natural?
(a) It is considered a fact of life one must endure.
(b) It is considered a path to success.
(c) It is considered an opportunity to learn.
(d) It leads to further failure and heartache.
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) He did give it a name.
(b) Slam Hitter.
5. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(b) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
(c) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
(d) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lady in the red dress?
2. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
3. What does Gus brag to Roy about when they are talking in Memo's motel room?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)