|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gus Sands?
(a) He is a suspicious bookie.
(b) He is a sports reporter with Max Mercy.
(c) He is a rival baseball player.
(d) He is the new manager of the Knights.
2. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
(a) To find out what Roy needs to do to get over his slump.
(b) To find out if they will win the next game.
(c) To find out if they are meant for each other.
(d) Because Bump went to one.
3. What two things does Roy crave that drives his every action?
(a) He craves banana splits.
(b) He craves traveling around the country.
(c) He craves the position of coach of the team.
(d) Lots of money and to be the best.
4. What happens to Roy that Max Mercy finds out when he comes back to the motel?
(a) That Memo has dumped him.
(b) That he had a fight with Pop.
(c) That he plans to quit baseball.
(d) That he has a black eye.
5. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams he was stabbed.
(b) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(c) He dreams Roy was shot.
(d) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
2. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
3. How does Roy feel when the fans began to cheer him on after he gets out of the slump?
4. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
5. What major item do the fans give Roy?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)