|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(b) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he plans to kill Sam.
2. Why does Memo tell Roy he should go see a fortune teller?
(a) To find out what Roy needs to do to get over his slump.
(b) To find out if they will win the next game.
(c) Because Bump went to one.
(d) To find out if they are meant for each other.
3. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
(b) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(c) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
(d) He is depressed and in a slump.
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He becomes the best batter in history.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(d) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
5. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To have a father figure in his life.
(b) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(c) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
(d) To go back home to family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
3. What does Roy promise his fans?
4. What is the relationship between Gus and Memo?
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)