|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
(b) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(c) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(d) Roy's girlfriend.
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black briefcase.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black hatbox.
(d) Her gun.
3. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) Wisdom and honor.
(b) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
(c) The end of his baseball career.
(d) Achievement of success and wealth.
4. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(b) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(c) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(d) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has natural talent in the sport.
(b) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy relate to Pop?
2. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
3. What event causes Memo to view Roy more favorably and go for a ride with him?
4. What does Iris say is the only way to find happiness?
5. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)