|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a man meets with Roy before a game, what does he request?
(a) That Roy throw the game so he will win his bet.
(b) That Roy autograph his son's bat.
(c) That Roy use another bat beside Wonderboy.
(d) That Roy hit a homerun for his sick boy.
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(b) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
3. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
(a) People and things.
(b) To get to travel together.
(c) A dream home and fancy car.
(d) To win at everything.
4. How does Roy react to the children among the fans?
(a) He signs autographs for them.
(b) He gives them special attention.
(c) He encourages them to be heroes.
(d) He ignores them.
5. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
(a) Reporting baseball stats.
(b) Getting Pop Fisher fired.
(c) The relationship between Memo and Roy.
(d) Finding out Roy's story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
2. What does Memo brag to Roy about when they go on a ride one night?
3. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)