|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy need that only Iris seems to understand?
(a) To have a father figure in his life.
(b) To be the all-time baseball hero.
(c) To go back home to family.
(d) To be morally as good as he is as a baseball player.
2. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
(a) He is unhappy, feeling like he has a lot more to live for, and wants to conquer the world.
(b) He is proud to be able to help his team out of their slump.
(c) He is happy, but misses Bump, who should have been the hitter.
(d) He is ecstatic that he is a hero.
3. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(b) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(c) They tease him because it was handmade.
(d) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
5. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(d) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
2. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
4. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
5. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)