|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy and Memo think they need for happiness?
(a) To win at everything.
(b) A dream home and fancy car.
(c) People and things.
(d) To get to travel together.
2. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the western hills of the United States.
(b) From Texas.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From the Northeastern coast.
3. What does Roy do that gains Memo's approval and laughter?
(a) He does magic tricks that win his money back from Gus.
(b) He does a comedy act just for her.
(c) He takes her to her favorite restaurant.
(d) He pitches a winning game for the Knights.
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He hits with precision and power.
5. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
(a) He is tired of her and wants the brunette.
(b) He thinks she doesn't like him anymore because he is playing poorly.
(c) He knows she wants to get married as soon as possible.
(d) He thinks she likes someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
2. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
3. What does Max Mercy find out about Roy at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
5. How is failure treated in The Natural?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)