|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy after he leaves Iris and returns to Memo?
(a) He and Memo get married.
(b) Memo rejects his romantic attempts.
(c) He decides to leave all women alone.
(d) He misses Iris and returns to her.
2. How does Memo Paris react when Bump dies?
(a) She hides in her hotel room, grieving.
(b) She sympathizes with Roy, but doesn't really feel anything about Bump.
(c) She is glad Bump is gone so Roy could become the team leader.
(d) She is sad for her uncle, Pop, as he misses Bump so much.
3. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(b) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
(c) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(d) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
4. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
(a) He suggests that Roy is a sorry ball player.
(b) He suggests he can get him lots more money for throwing a game.
(c) He suggests that Roy is taking advantage of Memo.
(d) He suggests that Memo doesn't like him, but likes Max instead.
5. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) He broke his arm and can't pitch.
(b) He is depressed and in a slump.
(c) He got hurt in a wreck and can't play ball.
(d) He is sick and the doctors don't know what is wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
2. What does Roy promise his fans?
3. Why does the lady tell Roy she stood up in the stands?
4. What does Roy think about his relationship with Memo when he is in his big slump?
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)