|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
(a) The brunette in the red dress that stands in the bleachers.
(b) His family who his hasn't seen in several years.
(d) His first coach and trainer.
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) Her gun.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black briefcase.
(d) A black hatbox.
3. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About winning the next game.
(b) About being named MVP.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
4. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(b) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because Bump can't play well.
5. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
(a) It shows she didn't care much for Bump.
(b) It shows she cannot form stable relationships.
(c) It shows she really loved Roy all along.
(d) It shows she loved Bump, but quickly forgot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roy decide Iris Lemon is not the girl he wants?
2. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
3. What is Roy's great fear that drives all his motives?
4. Who does Roy visit when he becomes depressed?
5. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)