|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Pop Fisher.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) Red Blow.
(d) Sam Simpson.
2. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Right fielder.
(d) Left fielder.
3. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
(a) She says he must marry and have children.
(b) She says he must be a man.
(c) She says he must win the pennant for his team.
(d) She says he must practice every day.
4. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(b) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(c) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
5. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
(b) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(c) He strikes out too many times.
(d) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
3. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
4. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
5. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)