|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Red Blow, the trainer, give Roy when he is in his bad slump?
(a) To get married to Memo and quit trying to impress her.
(b) To keep his fans in mind and try to please them.
(c) To forget Memo and drop her.
(d) To consider what might be on his mind that is worrying him.
2. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(b) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
3. When Roy visits a fortune teller, what does she tell him?
(a) That he will soon meet a beautiful brunette.
(b) That he will have a new team scout trying to recruit him.
(c) That he will hit a homerun in his next game.
(d) That he and Memo will soon be married.
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(b) Slam Hitter.
(d) He did give it a name.
5. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
(a) There is more to life than baseball.
(b) He is a handsome man.
(c) They both declared their love for him.
(d) He is a great hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
3. What does Roy do to impress Memo and make some money?
4. How does Roy relate to Pop?
5. What does Roy promise his fans?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)