|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Judge's plans for the Knights?
(a) He wants to promote Roy as his best player.
(b) He wants to sell the team to Roy, but Roy doesn't have the money to buy it.
(c) He wants to fire Pop and gain ownership.
(d) He wants to make the Knights a household word.
2. What reason does Roy give for not wanting to talk about his past?
(a) He said he was ashamed of his past.
(b) He said he really didn't have a very exciting past to talk about.
(c) He said he couldn't remember his past after the gunshot wound.
(d) He said it digs up too much pain.
3. What is the reason Roy gets benched the second time (Chapter 6)?
(a) He strikes out too many times.
(b) He gets drunk and stays out all night.
(c) He pitches too many balls and not many strikes.
(d) He refuses to give up his bat, Wonderboy.
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
(a) He strikes out often, but gets a home run.
(b) He doesn't hit any better than the rest of his teammates.
(c) He hits with a crazy curve.
(d) He hits with precision and power.
5. What viewpoint does the author take when he tells us about Roy's declaration and what it might lead to?
(a) Third person.
(b) Omniscient narrator.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
2. What advice does Memo give Roy to assuage his depression?
3. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
4. What is Max Mercy fixated on?
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)