|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(b) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(c) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
3. Where does The Judge get his money?
(a) From gambling.
(b) No one knows.
(c) From players whom is he blackmailing.
(d) From ticket sales to Knights games.
4. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She is not the domestic type.
(b) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(c) She runs away from him all the time.
(d) She is too fat.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(b) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(c) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(d) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
2. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
3. Why does Memo ride in the night with Roy without using headlights?
4. How does Roy relate to Pop?
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)