|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the fans treat Roy when he gets into a playing slump?
(a) They turn on him.
(b) They cheer the other players and boo Roy.
(c) They don't treat him any differently because they know he will do better.
(d) They cheer him on to encourage him.
2. What does Roy say about Iris's appearance?
(a) She is not beautiful, but she supports him in baseball.
(b) She is too fat, but not too bad.
(c) She is the most beautiful woman he has seen.
(d) Above the waist she is a girl and below the waist a woman.
3. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Roy finds another girlfriend.
(b) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(c) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(d) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
4. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He gives him a smaller raise.
(b) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(c) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(d) He fires him because of his arrogance.
5. In what way does Roy treat Memo and Iris the same?
(a) He treated them both like objects, not people.
(b) He got angry and gave both a black eye.
(c) He told both his life story.
(d) He bought both of them lavish gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iris tell Roy he must do to be a true hero?
2. How many games did the Knights win in a row?
3. Who is the only person that Roy thinks really cares about him?
4. What is wrong with Roy at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. How does Roy feel when he becomes the team hero, making news stories and filling sports columns with his achievements?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)