|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(b) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(c) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
2. What ultimately brings about Roy's failure?
(a) His love of more than one woman at a time.
(b) His focus only on being a superhero.
(c) His gambling on his games.
(d) His agreement to throw the pennant game.
3. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He hypnotizes them.
(b) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(c) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(d) He practices with them every day.
4. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
5. What does Roy hope to gain by becoming a superhero, the best ball player ever?
(a) Money and love, specifically Memo.
(b) A lifetime career in baseball.
(c) A good retirement.
(d) The respect of Pop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
2. Where does The Judge get his money?
3. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
4. What does Iris tell Roy that repels him?
5. What does Memo's reaction to Bump's death tell the reader, given her lack of relationship with him?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)