|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The murder of two athletes.
(c) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
2. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the Northeastern coast.
(b) From Texas.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From the western hills of the United States.
3. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He believes it helps the team.
(c) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
(d) He refuses it and leaves the group.
4. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He has natural talent in the sport.
(b) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
5. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They tell the coach lies about him.
(b) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(c) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
2. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
3. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
4. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
5. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)