|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(b) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(c) That he plans to kill Sam.
(d) That he is in love with her.
2. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(b) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(c) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(d) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
3. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A set of tools.
(b) A bassoon.
(c) His bat.
(d) A rifle.
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Left fielder.
(b) Right fielder.
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About pitching a perfect game.
(b) About being named MVP.
(c) About winning the next game.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
2. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
3. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
5. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)