|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(b) He practices with them every day.
(c) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
(d) He hypnotizes them.
2. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher.
(b) Bump Bailey.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) The Judge.
3. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to bench Bump.
(b) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(c) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(d) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(b) They tease him because it was handmade.
(c) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(d) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
5. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(b) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(c) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
(d) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
2. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
3. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
4. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
5. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)