|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump threw a major game.
(b) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(c) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(d) Because Bump can't play well.
2. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(b) He is accused of manslaughter.
(c) He is thrown off the team.
(d) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
3. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(b) To always be his friend.
(c) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(d) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
4. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About pitching a perfect game.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About being named MVP.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
5. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(b) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(c) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(d) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sam Simpson?
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
4. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
5. Who is Memo Paris?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)