|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) Harriet and Memo.
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to bench Bump.
(b) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(c) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(d) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(b) He becomes the best batter in history.
(c) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(d) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Harriet Bird.
(b) His teammates.
(c) Iris Lemon.
(d) Memo Paris.
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
(b) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(c) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(d) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
3. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
4. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
5. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)