|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(b) He wants to run away for good.
(c) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
(d) He is nervous that he might mess up.
2. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Left fielder.
(b) Right fielder.
3. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
(b) He is thrown off the team.
(c) He is accused of manslaughter.
(d) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
4. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
(b) A sports writer.
(c) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
(d) An Olympic athlete.
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(b) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(c) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
(d) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Simpson?
2. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
3. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
4. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
5. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)