|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(b) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
(c) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(d) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They pretty much ignore him.
(b) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump threw a major game.
(b) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(c) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(d) Because Bump can't play well.
4. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(b) She reacts coldly.
(c) She is very tender and warm toward him.
(d) She slaps his face.
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(b) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) He has natural talent in the sport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
2. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
3. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
4. How does Roy hit baseballs in the game?
5. What does Max Mercy do that is harmful to Roy?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)