|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(c) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(d) Harriet and Memo.
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Sam Simpson.
(d) Red Blow.
3. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Overeating and cursing.
(b) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(c) Gambling and drinking.
(d) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
4. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Texas.
(b) From Atlanta, GA.
(c) From the Northeastern coast.
(d) From the western hills of the United States.
5. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He gets hit by another player.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(d) He gets teased constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
4. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)