|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
2. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He practices with them every day.
(b) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
3. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(b) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(c) She cheers him on.
(d) She shoots him.
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's father.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) A newspaper reporter.
(d) Roy's professional scout.
5. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(b) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(c) They tell the coach lies about him.
(d) They pretty much ignore him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
2. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
3. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
4. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
5. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)