|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Red Blow.
(c) Pop Fisher.
(d) Sam Simpson.
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(b) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(c) He asks him to bench Bump.
(d) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
3. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
(c) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(d) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
4. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She is very tender and warm toward him.
(b) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(c) She slaps his face.
(d) She reacts coldly.
5. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
(b) An Olympic athlete.
(c) A sports writer.
(d) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
2. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
4. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)