|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About pitching a perfect game.
(b) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(c) About being named MVP.
(d) About winning the next game.
2. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
(b) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(c) He asks him to bench Bump.
(d) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
3. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(b) Left fielder.
(d) Right fielder.
4. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(b) Overeating and cursing.
(c) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(d) Gambling and drinking.
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(b) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(c) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
2. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
4. When Red Blow tells Pop that Roy is a "natural" what does that indicate?
5. Who is Sam Simpson?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)