|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Roy after Bump gets injured and dies?
(a) He inherits Bump's position and starts setting records.
(b) He is accused of manslaughter.
(c) He is thrown off the team.
(d) He is rejected by his teammates who all liked Bump.
2. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(b) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(c) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(d) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
3. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
(b) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(c) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
(d) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
4. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(b) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(c) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
5. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(b) He becomes the best batter in history.
(c) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(d) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
2. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
3. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
4. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)