|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
(b) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(c) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(d) They tease him because it was handmade.
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(b) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(c) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
(d) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(c) The murder of two athletes.
(d) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(b) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(c) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(d) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
5. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
(a) He gives them a pep talk before a game.
(b) He practices with them every day.
(c) He hypnotizes them.
(d) He gives them steroids to make them stronger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
3. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
4. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)