|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(b) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(c) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(d) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
(b) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(c) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(d) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
3. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(b) Harriet and Memo.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
4. What does Roy's teammates on the Knights think of his special bat?
(a) They tease him because it was handmade.
(b) They don't care what kind of bat he uses, as long as he hits.
(c) The are fascinated with it and believe in its magic.
(d) They insist he use a precision bat from the team's stash.
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About pitching a perfect game.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About being named MVP.
(d) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
2. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
4. Who is Max Mercy?
5. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)