|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(a) Right fielder.
(b) Left fielder.
2. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(c) He becomes the best batter in history.
(d) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
3. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
(a) He accuses The Judge of requiring Roy to throw the game.
(b) He accuses the whole team of being sorry players.
(c) He accuses Roy of throwing the games.
(d) He accuses Pop Fisher, and gets him fired.
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) He did give it a name.
(d) Slam Hitter.
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(b) He forced a player to throw a game.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Mercy?
2. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
4. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)