|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He refuses it and leaves the group.
(b) He believes it helps the team.
(c) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(d) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
2. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's father.
(b) A baseball pitcher.
(c) Roy's professional scout.
(d) A newspaper reporter.
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(b) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
(c) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(d) To watch his money and protect his old age.
4. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
(b) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(c) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
(d) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
4. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
5. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)