|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(b) He dreams Roy was shot.
(c) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(d) He dreams he was stabbed.
2. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the Northeastern coast.
(b) From Atlanta, GA.
(c) From the western hills of the United States.
(d) From Texas.
3. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
4. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Pop Fisher.
(b) Sam Simpson.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Red Blow.
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(b) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
2. Who is Sam Simpson?
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
4. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)