|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(b) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(c) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(d) He forced a player to throw a game.
2. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
(a) He is afraid the fact that it is homemade might cause it to not be accurate.
(b) He becomes optimistic about the team's chances of a win.
(c) He tells Roy is it not legal size and weight, but use it if he can get away with it.
(d) He forbids Roy to use it and demands he use the bat chosen by Pop.
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
(a) To beware of Memo, who is a bad influence.
(b) To watch his money and protect his old age.
(c) To not play too hard because he was really too old to play baseball and might get injured.
(d) To watch out about Fowler, who is jealous of him.
4. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(b) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(c) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(d) He has natural talent in the sport.
5. Who is Memo Paris?
(a) A reporter that writes good things about the team.
(b) Pop's niece and Bump's girlfriend.
(c) A loyal fan that follows the team.
(d) Roy's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc Knobb do that is supposed to help the players win?
2. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
3. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
5. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)