|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pop ask Roy to do after he gets upset with Bump for his poor playing?
(a) He asks him to bench Bump.
(b) He asks him to make Bump look worse so he could fire him.
(c) He asks him to hit the cover off the ball.
(d) He askes him to help coach Bump to improve his plays.
2. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They pretty much ignore him.
(b) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(c) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
(d) They tell the coach lies about him.
3. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
(a) Memo Paris.
(b) Iris Lemon.
(c) His teammates.
(d) Harriet Bird.
4. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Pop Fisher.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) Red Blow.
(d) Sam Simpson.
5. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(b) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(c) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(d) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
2. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
3. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
4. Who is Memo Paris?
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)