|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fans follow the Knights?
(a) They are loyal to the team whether they win or not.
(b) They are fickle, only supporting them when they are winning.
(c) They tell all the bad secrets of the team, giving them a bad reputation.
(d) They try to find ways to help them find a winning streak.
2. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(b) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(c) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(d) To always be his friend.
3. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(c) That he is in love with her.
(d) That he plans to kill Sam.
4. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(b) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(c) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) The Judge.
(c) Bump Bailey.
(d) Pop Fisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Simpson?
2. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
3. Who is Memo Paris?
4. Roy consistently reaches out for love. Who does he reach out to in the slump before the game in which he pitches?
5. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)