|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pop due to Doc's influence?
(a) He gets teased constantly.
(b) He gets fired.
(c) He wins a big game that helps his morale.
(d) He gets hit by another player.
2. What does Roy think of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He goes along with it, but doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He believes it helps the team.
(c) He refuses it and leaves the group.
(d) He asks for an extra practice session to improve his batting.
3. How do Roy teammates on the Knights treat him?
(a) They ask him for advice when he hits well.
(b) They tell the coach lies about him.
(c) They pretty much ignore him.
(d) The pull practical jokes and hide his basson case with his bat.
4. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(b) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(c) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
(d) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
5. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(b) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
(c) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(d) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pop react to the almost magical quality of Roy's Wonderboy during the first game in which Roy gets to hit?
2. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
3. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
4. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
5. How does Roy relate to Pop?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)