|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he plans to kill Sam.
(d) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
2. What happens when Pop lets Roy pitch in Bump's place?
(a) Bump helps Roy by practicing pitching with him, but gets hurt during the practice.
(b) Bump tries to destroy Roy's reputation as a baseball player.
(c) Bump tries to be a hero and fractures his skull at the wall trying to catch a ball.
(d) Bump cheers Roy on even though he knows he has lost his pitching position.
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's professional scout.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) Roy's father.
(d) A baseball pitcher.
4. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(b) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
(c) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(d) He becomes the best batter in history.
5. How did Roy obtain his special bat, Wonderboy?
(a) His dad gave it to him as a young boy.
(b) He carved it from a tree that got struck by lightening.
(c) He got it from a famous player that visited his hometown.
(d) Sam gave it to him when he began representing him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
2. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
3. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
4. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
5. Who does Doc Knobb accuse of causing the team to lose?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)