|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump threw a major game.
(b) Because Bump can't play well.
(c) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
(d) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
2. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
(b) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(c) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(d) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(b) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(c) He forced a player to throw a game.
(d) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
4. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He really doesn't like baseball.
(b) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(c) He has never had a winning season.
(d) He mourns Sam's death.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
3. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
4. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
5. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)