|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(b) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
(c) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
(d) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
2. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump threw a major game.
(b) Because Bump can't play well.
(c) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(d) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
3. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Bump Bailey.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Pop Fisher.
4. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black hatbox.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) A black briefcase.
(d) Her gun.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(d) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
2. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
3. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
5. Who is Max Mercy?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)