|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(b) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(c) She shoots him.
(d) She cheers him on.
2. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
3. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A rifle.
(b) His bat.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A bassoon.
4. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(b) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(c) He forced a player to throw a game.
(d) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Atlanta, GA.
(b) From Texas.
(c) From the Northeastern coast.
(d) From the western hills of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
4. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
5. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)