|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A bassoon.
(b) His bat.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A set of tools.
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She shoots him.
(b) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(c) She cheers him on.
(d) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(b) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(c) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(d) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
4. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He forced a player to throw a game.
(b) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(c) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(d) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
2. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
4. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)