|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(b) About pitching a perfect game.
(c) About winning the next game.
(d) About being named MVP.
2. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(b) He has never had a winning season.
(c) He mourns Sam's death.
(d) He really doesn't like baseball.
3. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(b) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(c) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(d) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
4. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Red Blow.
(d) Sam Simpson.
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(b) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(c) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(d) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
2. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
4. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
5. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)