|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(b) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(c) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(d) To always be his friend.
2. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
(a) His sexual escapades and his laziness.
(b) His zest for the game and his loyalty to the team.
(c) His need for a winning game and his respect for Roy.
(d) His age (old) and the fact he has never won a game.
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(b) He dreams he was stabbed.
(c) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(d) He dreams Roy was shot.
4. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(b) Gambling and drinking.
(c) Overeating and cursing.
(d) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) Slam Hitter.
(c) He did give it a name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
2. Who is Max Mercy?
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
5. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)