|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
(b) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(c) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(d) He wants to run away for good.
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(b) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(c) Fowler and Eddie.
(d) Harriet and Memo.
3. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(b) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(c) Gambling and drinking.
(d) Overeating and cursing.
4. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(d) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
5. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Sam Simpson.
(d) Red Blow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
2. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
3. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
5. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)