|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(c) He dreams he was stabbed.
(d) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(b) He forced a player to throw a game.
(c) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
(d) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(b) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(c) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(d) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
4. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he plans to kill Sam.
(d) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(b) Slam Hitter.
(d) He did give it a name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
2. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
3. Who is Sam Simpson?
4. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
5. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)