|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Fowler and Eddie.
(b) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
2. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(b) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(c) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(d) He has natural talent in the sport.
3. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He really doesn't like baseball.
(b) He mourns Sam's death.
(c) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(d) He has never had a winning season.
4. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) He did give it a name.
(d) Slam Hitter.
5. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams he was stabbed.
(b) He dreams Roy was shot.
(c) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
(d) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
2. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
4. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)