|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(b) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(c) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(d) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
2. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(b) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(c) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
(d) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
3. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Harriet and Memo.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
4. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(b) To always be his friend.
(c) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(d) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
5. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(b) Gambling and drinking.
(c) Overeating and cursing.
(d) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
2. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
3. Who is Max Mercy?
4. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
5. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)