|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Harriet and Memo.
(b) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
(c) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(d) Fowler and Eddie.
2. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He wants to run away for good.
(b) He is nervous that he might mess up.
(c) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(d) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(d) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
4. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(b) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
5. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) The Judge.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Bump Bailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
3. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
4. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
5. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)