|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She cheers him on.
(b) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(c) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(d) She shoots him.
2. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) Slam Hitter.
(b) He did give it a name.
3. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
(a) She reacts coldly.
(b) She is very tender and warm toward him.
(c) She goes and gets the conductor to throw him out.
(d) She slaps his face.
4. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
(a) Roy strikes out the "Whammer."
(b) The passengers on the train eat at a concession booth.
(c) Roy gets a job as a "hawker."
(d) Roy and Sam stop and play some carnival games.
5. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher and Red Blow.
(b) Fowler and Eddie.
(c) Harriet and Memo.
(d) The Judge and Bump Bailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
3. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
5. Who is Max Mercy?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)