|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black briefcase.
(b) Her small dog.
(c) Her gun.
(d) A black hatbox.
2. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Bump Bailey.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) The Judge.
(d) Max Mercy.
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(b) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(c) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
(d) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
4. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he was stabbed.
(c) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(d) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
5. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
(a) He wants to play for at least 10 years.
(b) He wants to run away for good.
(c) He is thrilled to get his lifelong dream.
(d) He is nervous that he might mess up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
2. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
3. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
4. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
5. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)