|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Pop Fisher.
(b) The Judge.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) Bump Bailey.
2. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(c) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(d) The murder of two athletes.
3. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black briefcase.
(b) A black hatbox.
(c) Her small dog.
(d) Her gun.
4. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
5. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About winning the next game.
(b) About being named MVP.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Simpson?
2. Who are the two friends that Roy makes with the Knights?
3. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
4. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
5. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)