|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
(a) That he plans to throw a baseball game.
(b) That he plans to kill Sam.
(c) That he wants to be the best baseball player ever.
(d) That he is in love with her.
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(b) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(c) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(d) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
3. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
(a) He dreams Roy was shot.
(b) He dreams he was stabbed.
(c) He dreams he is a famous sportswriter.
(d) He dreams he wins the Most Valuable Player Award.
4. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Atlanta, GA.
(b) From the Northeastern coast.
(c) From the western hills of the United States.
(d) From Texas.
5. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) A baseball pitcher.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) Roy's professional scout.
(d) Roy's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
2. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
3. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
4. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)