|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About pitching a perfect game.
(b) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(c) About being named MVP.
(d) About winning the next game.
2. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Overeating and cursing.
(b) Gambling and drinking.
(c) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(d) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The murder of two athletes.
(d) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
4. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From the Northeastern coast.
(b) From the western hills of the United States.
(c) From Atlanta, GA.
(d) From Texas.
5. By what name does Roy call his personal bat?
(a) He did give it a name.
(c) Slam Hitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
2. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
4. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)