|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black briefcase.
(b) Her gun.
(c) Her small dog.
(d) A black hatbox.
2. How does Harriet respond when Roy says he wants to be the best baseball player ever?
(a) She ridicules him for his frivilous ambitions.
(b) She cheers him on.
(c) She reassures him that she knows he will be.
(d) She shoots him.
3. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Red Blow.
(c) Sam Simpson.
(d) Pop Fisher.
4. What happens to Sam Simpson?
(a) Harriet Bird shot him.
(b) He dies from food poisoning from food bought at the carnival.
(c) He dies from injuries from a pitch by Roy.
(d) He joins the Chicago Cubs.
5. What mistake did Pop make that Red tells Roy about?
(a) He embezzled funds from The Judge.
(b) He forced a player to throw a game.
(c) He got caught between bases and caused his team to lose.
(d) He gave a really bad call in coaching that caused him to lose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Mercy?
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
3. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
4. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)