|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
(a) Bump Bailey.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Max Mercy.
(d) The Judge.
2. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
(a) He tries to teach Bump some techniques to help the team.
(b) He looks up to him as a mentor, since both play the outfield.
(c) He is jealous of Bump's relationship with the coach.
(d) He dislikes him because of his bad jokes and his lack of respect for the team or the coach.
3. Why does Pop dislike Bump Bailey?
(a) Because Bump wants his coaching job.
(b) Because Bump can't play well.
(c) Because Bump threw a major game.
(d) Because of his locker room jokes and his love of Pop's niece.
4. What baseball position does Roy Hobbs try out for?
(c) Left fielder.
(d) Right fielder.
5. What is in the bassoon case that Roy carries on the train?
(a) A bassoon.
(b) His bat.
(c) A set of tools.
(d) A rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
4. What does Sam dream that foretells what will happen to him?
5. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)