|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bump Bailey's two main vices?
(a) Trying to take credit for any wins and badmouthing his coach.
(b) Gambling and drinking.
(c) Bad locker room jokes and his attraction to Memo Paris.
(d) Overeating and cursing.
2. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
3. How does Roy feel about The Judge wanting to push Pop out of his job?
(a) He really doesn't mind because he doesn't know Pop well.
(b) He wants to have a better team manager, so is glad The Judge is pushing Pop out.
(c) He wants to get Pop's job when he is pushed out.
(d) He wants to help the team win and save Pop's job.
4. Who is Sam Simpson?
(a) Roy's father.
(b) A newspaper reporter.
(c) A baseball pitcher.
(d) Roy's professional scout.
5. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(b) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(c) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(d) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
2. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
3. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
4. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
5. What does Roy reveal to Harriet?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)