|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Max Mercy?
(a) An Olympic athlete.
(b) A coach who was on the train with Roy.
(c) A sports writer.
(d) Harriet Bird's jealous husband.
2. What does Roy dream of the first night with the Knights as he drifts off to sleep?
(a) About being named MVP.
(b) About winning the next game.
(c) About trains and the shooting by Harriet Bird.
(d) About pitching a perfect game.
3. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
4. Why is Roy so good at baseball?
(a) Sam drills him daily in how to play well.
(b) He has trained with "The Whammer."
(c) He had practiced with his father when he was young.
(d) He has natural talent in the sport.
5. What does Harriet keep always by her side?
(a) A black hatbox.
(b) Her gun.
(c) Her small dog.
(d) A black briefcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam Simpson?
2. What two things does Roy find out about Red that makes him think the team needs his help?
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
4. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
5. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)