|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pop Fisher "heart heavy?"
(a) He mourns Sam's death.
(b) He doesn't want Roy on his team.
(c) He has never had a winning season.
(d) He really doesn't like baseball.
2. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Max Mercy.
(b) Pop Fisher.
(c) Sam Simpson.
(d) Red Blow.
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The murder of two athletes.
(b) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(c) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(d) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
4. What promise does Roy make to Red after he tell him about "Fisher's Flop"?
(a) To stay away from Red's girlfriend.
(b) To not tell Pop about Red's revelation of his mistake.
(c) To play his best if Pop puts him in.
(d) To always be his friend.
5. Why does "The Whammer" reject Roy?
(a) He thinks Roy is inexperienced.
(b) He has heard that Roy threw a baseball game.
(c) He doesn't like baseball.
(d) He is jealous of Harriet and Roy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sam Simpson?
2. How many years had pass before Roy Hobbs comes to play baseball again?
3. How does Roy feel about Bump Bailey?
4. Who signs the contract for Roy Hobbs to play for the Knights?
5. What happens at the carnival when the train stops there?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)