|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the coach of the Brooklyn Knights when Roy Hobbs signs on?
(a) Red Blow.
(b) Max Mercy.
(c) Pop Fisher.
(d) Sam Simpson.
2. Where does Roy travel from when he heads to the Chicago Cubs to try out?
(a) From Atlanta, GA.
(b) From Texas.
(c) From the western hills of the United States.
(d) From the Northeastern coast.
3. What headlines in the newspaper catches Sam's attention?
(a) The change of coaches for the Chicago Cubs.
(b) The report of "The Whammer's" successful career.
(c) The murder of two athletes.
(d) The sports news headlines for the Chicago Cubs.
4. What two places does Roy tell the train porter he has visited?
(a) Miami, Florida and St. Louis, Missouri.
(b) Portland, Oregon and Boise, Idaho.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia and Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Dallas, Texas and Sante Fe, California.
5. Why does Bump Bailey get away with ridiculing both the coach and anyone else who crosses him?
(a) He is so well-liked that others ignore his mean nature.
(b) He is the leading pitcher for the team.
(c) He owns the majority of shares in the team.
(d) He is a fighter and others are afraid of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
2. How does Roy feel about playing for the Knights when he first puts on his baseball cap for them?
3. What warning does Red give Roy that he ignores?
4. What will it take for Roy to be relieved from his suffering?
5. How does Harriet respond to Roy when he makes romantic advances toward her?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)