Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Memo fails to accept Roy as her new boyfriend, what does he decide will win her over?
(a) He decides more money will win her love.
(b) He decides taking her out and showing her a good time will win her love.
(c) He decides that dressing better will get her attention.
(d) He decides that pitching a winning game will win her over.
2. What flaw does Roy think Memo has?
(a) She wants to have more than one man at a time.
(b) She runs away from him all the time.
(c) She is not the domestic type.
(d) She is too fat.
3. What happens to Roy because of Doc Knobb's help?
(a) He is benched for refusing to accept it.
(b) He gets into an argument because one of the players doesn't believe it helps.
(c) He becomes the best batter in history.
(d) He leaves the team because Doc's help didn't work for him.
4. What happens to the relationship between Memo and Roy during his slump?
(a) Memo is very interested in Roy but he ignores her.
(b) Memo is no longer interested in him but Roy still desires her.
(c) Their relationship only gets stronger because they love each other.
(d) Roy finds another girlfriend.
5. Who is the pitcher that strikes Roy out in the pennant game?
(a) Herman Youngberry.
(b) Red Blow.
(c) Ray Fowler.
(d) John Young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memo do with The Judge's gun when Roy gets it away from The Judge?
2. What happens to Roy's bat, Wonderboy, during the last game of the season?
3. After Roy gets sick, what does he dream about?
4. What does Gus suggest in Memo's motel room that makes Roy so angry?
5. How old is Roy when he starts his journey on the train?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)