Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge do when Roy asks for a raise?
(a) He fires him because of his arrogance.
(b) He gives him the raise, saying he is a valuable player.
(c) He lectures him on the evils of money.
(d) He gives him a smaller raise.
2. What characteristics does Roy give to age?
(a) The end of his baseball career.
(b) Achievement of success and wealth.
(c) Wisdom and honor.
(d) Loss of beauty, life, success, and wealth.
3. How does Roy relate to Pop?
(a) Both played baseball, both loved a woman, and both had no friends.
(b) Bad luck, media harrassment, and the team's poor standing.
(c) Both depended on Red, both were poor, and both played outfield.
(d) Both feared The Judge, both were injured in baseball, and both were about to retire.
4. What is the relationship between Gus and Memo?
(a) She is in love and plans to marry him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She says he is like a father to her.
(d) She has not relationship with him at all.
5. What happens to Roy after he leaves Iris and returns to Memo?
(a) He decides to leave all women alone.
(b) Memo rejects his romantic attempts.
(c) He and Memo get married.
(d) He misses Iris and returns to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What agreement does Roy make with The Judge?
2. After Roy gets out of his slump, where do the fans say he belongs?
3. Why can Memo not be the woman Roy needs?
4. What does Iris tell Roy that is almost identical to what Harriet Bird told him?
5. Who is Sam Simpson?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)